Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Piso Mojado posted:

Airbnb called me today and we had a nice chat. They refunded ALL of my money and they gave me a $100 credit to my next stay. I asked them to allow me to review the past host and was told that "they will look into it". They assured me that he would not be able to "review" me either, which i could care less about. Not sure why they wont let me review him...

Anyways - left my hotel today and settled into my next airbnb. It is much nicer and in a condo complex in the suburbs. The owner is a really nice lady and I really like the digs. She's making nachos tonight.

This pleases me to hear :>

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Piso Mojado posted:

Airbnb called me today and we had a nice chat. They refunded ALL of my money and they gave me a $100 credit to my next stay. I asked them to allow me to review the past host and was told that "they will look into it". They assured me that he would not be able to "review" me either, which i could care less about. Not sure why they wont let me review him...

Anyways - left my hotel today and settled into my next airbnb. It is much nicer and in a condo complex in the suburbs. The owner is a really nice lady and I really like the digs. She's making nachos tonight.

Yay!

Glad to hear they moved on it, and glad to hear you found a cougar that's going to seduce you.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Piso Mojado

Oh yeah! I also got a random message from the couple that has my next airbnb that I am going to on Friday -

quote:

Hi Piso!
Just double checking you read all the house details/rules since it states we are a medical marijuana house and want to make sure you're comfortable.
Thanks,
Alice

I lolled a lot, but now I'm wondering if the customer service at airbnb contacted them about my situation. Kind of random since I booked them a month ago and have chatted with them a couple time already. :shrug:

deep dish peat moss

That's funny, but also AirBnB wouldn't tell them about your situation because that would be a huge breach of their privacy policy. They probably won't allow you to leave a review because of how bad it would look for them to have a review up stating that an airBnB property contained illegal activities. The way companies set up this way operate in regard to reports like this is really weird because of, like, usually Employment/contracting laws but in the case of AirBnB probably like rental/tenant laws, these services aren't fully legal but they're not illegal either, there are very few actual regulations on how they can/must operate and most of their decisions are made purely based on possible PR impact since bad PR is the worst thing that can happen to them prior to going public. It's a fascinating industry to work in. They're probably following a very specific procedure designed to go against common sense in regard to tenant law because they need to be able to prove in court that they're distinctly not a rental service because they don't follow the same laws as apartment complexes.

I wish I was allowed to talk more about my experience but the one I worked for is insanely lawyerly with a strict NDA and has actually been suing some of my old colleagues for things they posted online about it etc.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 3, 2016

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Piso Mojado posted:

Oh yeah! I also got a random message from the couple that has my next airbnb that I am going to on Friday -

I lolled a lot, but now I'm wondering if the customer service at airbnb contacted them about my situation. Kind of random since I booked them a month ago and have chatted with them a couple time already. :shrug:

I need to visit these guys for a week.

<3 <3 Vanisher

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

this is wonderful :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

also yay for the medical marijuana house. things are looking up for our little wayward traveler

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

Why would would you pay to stay in a dark room with a mattress run by druggies?

Listen, if you don't want to come over to my apartment, you can just make up an excuse. You don't need to be so harsh.

the unabonger
lol@ this

Piso Mojado

fresh prince, come down to san diego and teach me how to surf bodacious waves

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 4, 2016

deep dish peat moss

I'll teach you how to Serve Fools when I come

Piso Mojado

Shakill OReal posted:

Yes, I also want to know how to rap as well. my lyrical game is checkers.

alnilam

Piso, i just found out that sam diego doesn't have a The City Museum, you may want to reconsider your plans :/

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
San Diego has a huge wave that only comes once a month that gets you high as hell when it hits

sk3l3tor

Shakill OReal posted:

I hope you serve them a nice seafood dinner. That'd be nice.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Piso, i just found out that sam diego doesn't have a The City Museum, you may want to reconsider your plans :/

:negative: don't remind me. I'll miss that place soooo much.

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

:negative: don't remind me. I'll miss that place soooo much.

Piso, wistfully, as he plummets to his death over the cliffs of la jolla: "it's kind of like that slide that takes you down from the floating plane fuselage to the fire truck"

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!
Piso Mojado: excuse me mr host but where's the toilet?

Shambling Horror: [gestures to the general outdoors with one end of crack pipe]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
piso mojado: i cant wait to see the beauty of the ocean

piso mojado opens door: :2bong:

• Locked thread