Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Hello, everyone. This is my first post in PI in years, but I'm not quite sure what to do.

I just moved into a new house with my boyfriend, and everything is cool. However, in our yard there is this orange stray cat. This is the nicest loving cat in the world. He will come running when he hears me call him, he will relentlessly attack you with head buntings and love, and the only scratch I ever received from him was when I stood up and he clung to my legs because he refused to leave my lap.

The problem? He's extremely beaten up, mostly around the head, neck and chest. It looks like he was abused. :( I believe this is because he is unfixed and regularly going out to beat up neighborhood cats to lay claim to territory or get some girl cat rear end or whatever. I feel horrible and want to help him out, but am not sure how.

Fix him: I'm unemployed. We can't afford to neuter him right now, or the vet bills to treat his wounds or de-flea him. We have been calling free programs all over town such as catch-and-release, no kill shelters, etc. However, none of them have called back. This area has a serious feral cat problem and the programs are probably underfunded and swamped.

Bring him inside: Both me and my SO have fairly severe cat allergies (to the point that we can have trouble breathing if we lay on linen a cat has laid on). Thankfully, his dander is surprisingly mild. We can tolerate him inside for short periods, but no cats can be on anything cloth and we have to wash our hands after every touch as if we were handling reptiles. If he was fixed, he would at least remain in the backyard and could be an indoor/outdoor cat. If the doors to all bedrooms are closed, he can hang out with us inside and supervised in the parts of our house that have wooden flooring from when we come home from work (after I have a job :smith: ) until bedtime. We hang out there all day anyway gaming/watching TV and only go into our bedroom to sleep, so he would have constant company.

Adopt him out to someone else: We've been trying. No friends or family want him for various reasons, and no no-kill shelters are answering our calls. The problem is that not only is he no longer a cute baby kitten, but he's also going to be a bit of an investment between the fixing his nuts and fixing his wounds and people don't want to take that on. I don't want to risk giving him to some rando on Craigslist or something - he's just so loving sweet.

Take him to a kill shelter: That's most likely a death sentence in this area.

What can I do to help this poor little thing out? If only keeping him inside 24/7 was an option, but with allergies it's impossible. Once I have a job I will gladly spend money to fix him up, but until then he just keeps going out of our yard and getting more and more beaten up. I'm scared one day he will go and not come back. What I'd really like to do is keep him honestly, but if someone could offer him a better home and has the finances to give him the care he needs that would obviously be what is best. If absolutely nothing else, just getting him neutered would probably stop him trying to kill himself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, such as alternate ways to get him neutered or maybe at-home ways to treat his wounds.

Right now, he is nameless. Not only can I not figure out a name to stick on him, but also if he has to go to another home naming him will just make it even tougher to let him go. If anyone in the thread thinks up a good name for him, though, I'll christen him with it.

Obligatory pictures (I also have a video, but it's probably too huge to include in this post)

This one shows off his wounds. He's constantly scratching at them, but they appear to at least be shallow and uninfected. The problem is he keeps getting new ones.

And now the purring begins...

Looking up at me with pure love.

bunt :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

The absolute cheapest thing I can imagine you doing is just cleaning his wounds if he lets you. You don't need anything fancy, just cool water on a cotton ball or some soft cloth if he lets you. It won't take care of any infections he is developing but it will help everything to close up and depending on the wound it might even feel good to him. Might. Don't soak that cloth with water if you do this, just make it damp.

Do NOT use neosporin or any similar topical products to cover the wounds. He is an outdoor cat and the oils/grease will only attract more dirt and debris to the site. Do NOT use hydrogen peroxide, it will dry out his skin at minimum or cause him to start bleeding all over again, risking more infection than he may have in the first place. If you MUST use a soap, use something extremely gentle like you would use for an infant.

Unfortunately it sounds to me like you've done almost everything you can without spending money. No-kill shelters are always crowded with other animals in need and as you pointed out, he's an adult so it'll be harder to adopt him out and thus make room for another animal that needs help.

Although I would much rather you find a vet that neuters him than what I'm about to say, there is a trick to improve his chance of living if he's picked up by a shelter, and that's to microchip him. However, you would need to not only get the chip but *register* it, at least for a year, so your contact information is there. From what I understand shelters *must* scan for a chip and hold onto them a while longer if they find evidence that the animal has been owned at some point.

The downside is, at least around here, the implant of the chip plus the registry of said chip is about half of what it costs to neuter a male cat anyway. Barring any special deals or programs, if you're going to do this you might as well just neuter him since that screams "I am cared for!" just as much and helps keep the population in check. It may (but maybe not) also lower his testosterone enough that he stops getting in fights and thus has fewer injuries in the long run.

Some vets are willing to work with you on a payment plan, or you can look into which vets accept care credit. It might be something to look into as neutering is one of the first quality of life things that really helps cats in the long run.

As for de-flea-ing. See if you can get a single dose of a good topical like Vectra. If you find a place that sells them individually it's about 25 dollars per dose, and that dose lasts for a month. That will do better for him being outside than any flea bath or collar or whatnot.

As for allergies, you may find for you and your SO that as you get used to the cat your allergic reactions will mellow out a bit to his dander/hair in specific. This is the only reason why I have ever been able to live with cats and dogs in my life, but you may find your allergies are too intense for that. Please don't hurt yourself in trying to force this to work.

As for a name, I don't know but he sounds like a bad motherfucker. Whatever you name him ought to reflect that.

Edit: While reviewing I just want to add: Please do NOT try to neuter him at home. Neutering is very easy in kittens but much more invasive in adult cats since everything is developed. It's all too easy for your attempt at a good deed to go horribly, horribly wrong and end up taking his life. If you're seriously considering trying to do this it would be honestly safer for him just to keep his balls.

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 29, 2016

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Do you have an extra room you could isolate him in? It might help you not have an allergic reaction but still keep him out of danger until you can find him a forever home.

Are you in the DFW area in Texas?

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

Yeah.. neutering will definitely decrease the amount of fights he'll be getting in. What state are you in, if you don't mind my asking. It sounds like you are doing all the right things/research but maybe someone in the same state can think of something else?
Orange kitties are awesome. I'd probably call him something like Mad Max for all of his war wounds.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Thanks for the advice so far, guys.

Oh god I would NEVER neuter him at home :ohdear: the "at home" thing was referring to wound care only. Thank you for warning me against Neosporin or hydrogen peroxide though, as I was considering that. I could probably at least afford a single dose of flea meds at that price, and hopefully will have a job by the time it's needed again. Microchipping cost too much as well, as my budget is extremely tight right now.

I honestly think neutering will do the trick - he tolerates 2 other local outdoor cats, both male and one who is also not neutered, even giving them the same head bunting love machine treatment he gives us. If he was naturally an rear end in a top hat, that probably wouldn't be happening. He must just have a rival, or maybe a nearby unspayed female causing him to go nuts.

I'm in central Florida.

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 29, 2016

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Cool, I didn't want to assume anything since it seems like common sense, but when I worked at the vet clinic people would try to do some really crazy things themselves with the best of intentions.

I just looked on Amazon and it looks like they still sell doses of Vectra in packs of three for cats, and also that my clinic way way overcharged for them. It looks like 50.00 for a three-pack, but please do not fret. I know for a fact that they did sample programs twice, and there were quite a few people at the clinic who only wanted to buy one at a time. You could probably ask someone who owns a cat to split the price with you so you only pay the one dose.

So yes, in the long run neutering will be the best answer, but I 100% understand your situation. Water on cotton or soft cloth is great, just don't use paper products cuz that actually makes small cuts from the wood fiber and will not feel great. Be sure to keep a piece of food or something to offer him during/immediately after the cleaning so he doesn't start avoiding you altogether, as that would suck.

Let us know if you get a call back from somewhere!

Edit: I just thought of another thing. I know you called rescues, but I remember I rescued a cat a couple of years ago who was super tame, microchipped and simply abandoned by one of my neighbors when they moved out. Unfortunately despite being an absolute sweetheart there was no room in the shelters or any foster programs, but one of the adoption agencies basically told me if I could get a roof over her head that they would spay her, provide food and flea protection for her. So I housed her at the clinic I worked at since there were other live-in cats. One of our clients fell in love with her and took her home, by that point she had been spayed, had a big ol bag of food and a month of flea treatment. If you can convince him inside at least at some parts of the day you might be able to get a rescue program to sponsor him?

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 29, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
See if you can find a free/low cost neutering program nearby.

Also, call around the local vets, and explain the situation. There could also be some trap and release programs you might be able to contact for advice.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr
If he's scratching a lot, I bet the majority of those wounds are self-inflicted from flea allergy. You can get 3 months' worth of Pet Armor (generic Frontline) on Amazon for $20.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Neutering a cat isn't too expensive. When I got my cat neutered at the ASPCA it was only $40 or something like that. Maybe start up a gofundme for this little guy? Even if you haven't found anyone to take him, they might be willing to part with $10-20 to help instead. Call up a few places to find out how much stuff like getting fixes, fleas, vaccines, etc would cost. It probably won't be too much combined. ASPCA is pretty good with keeping costs low.

Fleas can be really difficult to get rid of if they infest your house so I don't recommend bring him into your home until you get that sorted out. .

Although this is mainly for making little shelters for cats in the cold winter months, this site has some pretty good advice for making a little outdoor space for a cat where they can be comfortable.

http://alleycatadvocates.org/communitycat-care-center/creating-winter-shelters/

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Where are you in central florida? Pet-luv in brooksville is a non profit spay and nueter center and offer a bunch of low cost basic services. No idea on their prices though.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

I'm just wondering, is it the cost of neutering and initial vet bills that's really stopping you from taking this cat in permanently, or are you and your SO's allergies the dealbreaker? Good on you for taking notice of this poor buddy, he reminds me of my orange, Hobbes, who I just posted about in the foster thread.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

porkswordonboard posted:

I'm just wondering, is it the cost of neutering and initial vet bills that's really stopping you from taking this cat in permanently, or are you and your SO's allergies the dealbreaker? Good on you for taking notice of this poor buddy, he reminds me of my orange, Hobbes, who I just posted about in the foster thread.

It's the cost as the primary dealbreaker. Despite me and my SO having allergies, we have it worked out where he could come in without our noses getting set on fire (he can hang out in tile/wood areas only, not allowed in the bedroom but allowed on the couch, we wash our hands and change our clothes every time we're done petting him). The allergies can be worked around; the other stuff can't. I want him in sooner but he is obviously fleabitten and my SO won't allow me to bring him in until he's at least had flea medication. It's depressing but I understand why - cat fleas without a bite to eat quickly turn into people fleas, and getting rid of a flea invasion in the house is a nightmare.

I am within reasonable driving distance of Brooksville; in fact, I used to live up there (:barf:) A kind goon has PMed me with local resources. Unfortunately right now even at a low cost vet or via Amazon, even 20-50 bucks is too much to spare. However I've had two job interviews this week alone, so hopefully the extreme penny-pinching won't last forever.

I didn't see him at all today :ohdear: Really hope he's ok. I will try to keep this thread updated when anything changes, whether it's a happy ending or a sad one.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

I am within reasonable driving distance of Brooksville; in fact, I used to live up there (:barf:)

I'm sorry, I live about 15 minutes away and absolutely detest heading to downtown Brooksville for anything. But hey, at least its not moon lake! :D

And hopefully you can get to a point with your allergies and financially where you can take care of that adorable orange fuzz bucket. He seems like a good catte.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Have you spoken to a shelter/cat rescue about helping you cover the costs to take him in? I don't know what kind of services are available there, but there might be a nonprofit willing to help you. Or a vet may be willing to help you work out a payment plan, rather than pay it off all at once. Call around and see what you can do.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's never a good idea to make assumptions about your financial options without at least making some phone calls.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Lol Moon Lake. The entire stretch of 19 from Spring Hill to Hudson is a blight on humanity

FactsAreUseless posted:

Have you spoken to a shelter/cat rescue about helping you cover the costs to take him in? I don't know what kind of services are available there, but there might be a nonprofit willing to help you. Or a vet may be willing to help you work out a payment plan, rather than pay it off all at once. Call around and see what you can do.

My OP was made only after calling every service in the area we could think of. As stated before the feral cat problem in this area is ridiculous, and they are probably way too swamped to help. A couple of PMs have helped immensely, though.

Now I'm worried it might be too late. I'm getting really nervous now, 2 days since his last sighting. I really hope he didn't get himself killed and is just hiding from the summer heat. It's not like him to disappear for days without at least showing up to eat/headbutt me repeatedly. I'm worried sick now.

Assuming he does show up, this is my gameplan:

1. Flea treat him and acclimate him to the house with treats and pets. This is important so he won't be spooked when the cat carrier is brought out.
2. Get him fixed. Keep him inside while he recovers.
3. Get the rest of his wounds fixed later when I can afford to (at least neutering + defleaing should mean he isn't getting hurt anymore).

I just hope the little guy is still alive. Unfixed males have big territories so god knows where he is right now, even if he is ok.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Cuckoo posted:

Lol Moon Lake. The entire stretch of 19 from Spring Hill to Hudson is a blight on humanity

My OP was made only after calling every service in the area we could think of. As stated before the feral cat problem in this area is ridiculous, and they are probably way too swamped to help. A couple of PMs have helped immensely, though.

Now I'm worried it might be too late. I'm getting really nervous now, 2 days since his last sighting. I really hope he didn't get himself killed and is just hiding from the summer heat. It's not like him to disappear for days without at least showing up to eat/headbutt me repeatedly. I'm worried sick now.

1. Flea treat him and acclimate him to the house with treats and pets. This is important so he won't be spooked when the cat carrier is brought out.
3. Get the rest of his wounds fixed later when I can afford to (at least neutering + defleaing should mean he isn't getting hurt anymore).

I just hope the little guy is still alive. Unfixed males have big territories so god knows where he is right now, even if he is ok.

Hey friend. Send me an email at kdupuis@meca.edu. I don't have PMs. Your little dude reminds me of my Hobbes, a headbutt viking and an Orange as well.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

If you really will take in this guy and take care of him, I'm happy to help.

I don't have PMs, but if you wanna call around to local vets and try and get an estimate of how much it would cost for neutering and treatment for his wounds and post the vet's contact information I'll see what I can do.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Thanks, all. I have already received a couple of PMs regarding discount vets in the area, so at least there's a place in mind. However I can't accept any other kind of help in good conscience until I see him around and alive again. I will update this thread with pics and stuff at his next sighting, as I'm sure he'll be friendly as always.

I have some consolation in the fact that another half-tame unfixed male (who is healthy, so I didn't even bother posting about him) is also gone, though I briefly saw this second male yesterday at kitty mealtime. I bet there's a female cat in heat close by and they all ran to answer her siren's call or something.

I have a bad feeling that he's going to show up with a bunch of new war wounds, if he does at all. :(

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

Thanks, all. I have already received a couple of PMs regarding discount vets in the area, so at least there's a place in mind. However I can't accept any other kind of help in good conscience until I see him around and alive again. I will update this thread with pics and stuff at his next sighting, as I'm sure he'll be friendly as always.

I have some consolation in the fact that another half-tame unfixed male (who is healthy, so I didn't even bother posting about him) is also gone, though I briefly saw this second male yesterday at kitty mealtime. I bet there's a female cat in heat close by and they all ran to answer her siren's call or something.

I have a bad feeling that he's going to show up with a bunch of new war wounds, if he does at all. :(

Cats have incredible noses. If you have any food you could leave out you might be able to lure him over.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Reik posted:

Cats have incredible noses. If you have any food you could leave out you might be able to lure him over.

We leave food out for both him and the second tom. That's why I'm getting so worried - even during his tomcat adventures he'd always show up for food and be the first cat to headbutt me in the morning during their "breakfast time". He's also skinny and clearly not getting food from anywhere else, and was also never observed hunting.

EDIT He has returned! Many of his wounds look a lot better, though there's a fresh (or opened raw) wound on his neck that's bleeding still. Maybe either he or whoever his rival was gave up...I hope so.

Lap mode engaged

Everything must be headbutted

EXTREME CLOSE UP

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 8, 2016

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I'm making a new post so the last one doesn't have to be edited multiple times and so that this message doesn't get lost in the deluge of pics:

Does anyone have any tips for getting him used to the cat carrier? My goal is to lure him in with treats tonight, put flea meds on if I can find them cheap enough at the local pet store, then have him around and nearby the cat carrier so that he gets used to it (so when the time comes to shove him inside it isn't a fight to the finish).

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

I'm making a new post so the last one doesn't have to be edited multiple times and so that this message doesn't get lost in the deluge of pics:

Does anyone have any tips for getting him used to the cat carrier? My goal is to lure him in with treats tonight, put flea meds on if I can find them cheap enough at the local pet store, then have him around and nearby the cat carrier so that he gets used to it (so when the time comes to shove him inside it isn't a fight to the finish).

Leave the carrier out and put nice things in it like blankets and treats. The goal is to associate the cat carrier with positive things and make it not new and spooky every time it comes out.

Does the top of your carriers come off? Our girl Tipper is always a jerk so we have to get her in the bottom half of the carrier and put the top on over her while one of us holds her down through the carrier door.

Reik fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 8, 2016

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Samuel Catson returns! Seconding the 'make the carrier a nice hideout so he gets used to it'. There's no real golden rule for getting cats in carriers - I have had plenty of clients simply carry their cat in. Had one lady bring a cat in a stocking, that was weird.

What kind of carrier do you have? If you have the cardboard 'freebie' one that opens on the top you can simply tilt it on the side to let him get used to it - a box is a box.

The ones where the top comes off easily is great! They were my favorite to work with since we didn't have to remove critical care patients from their safe spot, just take the top off and take a look at what's going on.

If you get in a pinch and have to catch him right away and stuff him in a carrier, use a towel and turn him into a kitty burrito. It'll help make sure he doesn't resist going into the carrier too much since his legs will be wrapped up.

No matter what he's going to feel betrayed when you take him in the carrier, there's not too much you can do about that so try not to worry about it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm glad he's doing well! Sorry you don't have more options in your area. It's cool that you're doing what you can.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I had to hang out with friends tonight but upon coming home, he was around. Like usual he ran to me and hopped right into my lap. :3: Today I was able to buy treats and flea medicine (got a lead from the Petco too about a vet who may be able to help). Gave him some treats and this was probably the first time he ever had them because he freaked out. He ate them up, whipped his head around like he had been slapped, then looked up at me and meowed while drooling.

I pet him some more, then fed him treats from my hand in my lap while the SO applied the flea medicine. Usually cats hate that but he was really chill, all he cared about was the love and treats. I'm sure he'll try to lick some off because applying it was awkward (the typical place between shoulder blades is still messed up and I didn't want to put it on top of a fresh wound), but he tolerated its application. The SO still doesn't want him to come in until tomorrow, after the flea meds have had a chance to take effect. So I'll keep bonding with him outside and bring him in for the first time either tomorrow or Sunday.

As for the cat carrier, it's just the typical one with a single cage door opening. I plan on leaving treats inside and giving him a small towel to cuddle in it with, let him feel like it's a den/hiding place rather than kitty jail. I have no idea what his background is but he's really trusting but clearly unowned, so I doubt he's had any previous bad experiences with a carrier.

Thank you everyone for the help you have given so far in regards to tips on vets. It's too late Friday to contact any of the places I've been given, but I'll start placing calls Monday.

He still needs a name. The other feral has been christened Bones because he was extremely skinny, but I still can't get a name to stick on this guy.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
What about Marv?

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
He looks like a Marmalade to me. Or Tony.

Des Merveilles
Nov 4, 2006
girl on the internet
Shishamo! It's an orange cat from Pop'nMusic who lives in a trash can that's like canned fish :3:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

QueenOfMistakes posted:

He looks like a Marmalade to me. Or Tony.

Voting for Tony bc he's a badass like the Hotline Miami character

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
Tony was what I've wanted to name an orange cat for years - as in Puss in Boots, Antonio Banderas. I've moved on to wanting to get an orange cat and name it Tangerine or Satsuma or Sevilla now.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I will not say who out of respect (they can out themselves if they want to) but someone sent me $100. I just want to thank you again and let you know that it will go 100% towards the cat's care. Vets are obviously closed this weekend, but I'm going to start making some calls tomorrow morning.

Right now I'm leaning towards the name Rory because it's a subtle way to hint at his badass warrior cat ways without making him sound meaner than he really is, as the name means "red king". Also me and the SO are huge UFC fans and his wounds plus underdog status remind me of MMA fighter Rory Macdonald. (I won't post pictures but google "Macdonald Lawler II" if you want to see some :nms: wounds that rival this guy's)

We're letting him inside now in short bursts, mostly because of our noses more than anything. The very first time he was scared for 2 seconds then went right back to being a love-seeking missile. We let him on our pull-out couch bed and put him on it. He then kneaded my belly :3:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Allegra is a really good second gen antihistamine (it won't make you drowsy) if you're interested in trying to mitigate the allergy problem.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Hummingbirds posted:

Allegra is a really good second gen antihistamine (it won't make you drowsy) if you're interested in trying to mitigate the allergy problem.

We use Zyrtec. It's tough to take those pills 24/7 because even if you avoid the drowsiness from the older antihistamines like Benadryl, it still causes some awful dry mouth (making it tough to sleep because you just want to drink water all night). We're mitigating it pretty well by just tossing any fabric that touches him straight into the laundry room at least, and thankfully his dander is really mild.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Rory is a great name and many thanks to the donor! I hope you find a vet or a program who is willing to work with you soon!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Cuckoo posted:

I will not say who out of respect (they can out themselves if they want to) but someone sent me $100.

:thumbsup:

And Rory is a great name for him.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Got a vet appointment! Humane Society of Pinellas, this Thursday the 11th. Neutering was $47, required shots are another $40ish, and pain medicine was an extra $15 to all come out to $100-ish which is perfect. There were a few places farther away that were cheaper, but I didn't want him to ride in the car and get too stressed out pre and post surgery.

Now the fun part...getting him acclimated to a cat carrier within 3 days.

EDIT Holy poo poo I just got called with a job offer! I asked to have them start me Friday so I can take care of Rory the day before. This means that in a month or so I'll be able to afford to take care of Rory full-time. When the paychecks start rolling in I'm going to buy him a kitty condo, scratching post and some toys so he has "safe spaces" inside. Today couldn't get any loving better :)

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 11, 2016

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
Dude, this is great, congrats!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
That is so awesome and the person sending the $100 is awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cuckoo posted:

EDIT Holy poo poo I just got called with a job offer! I asked to have them start me Friday so I can take care of Rory the day before. This means that in a month or so I'll be able to afford to take care of Rory full-time. When the paychecks start rolling in I'm going to buy him a kitty condo, scratching post and some toys so he has "safe spaces" inside. Today couldn't get any loving better :)

Sounds like you have a good luck kitty on your hands :3:

• Locked thread