Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Cuckoo posted:

I wanted to at least give one more post-neutering update and wasn't able to earlier. I was so exhausted between crying about the FIV news and staying up all night that after Rory was definitely ok I just kind of passed out.

The spirit of this little guy is incredible - even in a situation in which the world's nicest cats turn into total shits, at least temporarily, Rory has still been unrelentingly nice. He meowed a little bit when back in the car, but once in my lap he quieted down and started purring hard enough to make the carrier vibrate. We then heard a repeated "thunk! thunk! thunk" which turned out to be him trying really hard to headbutt the cage to reach the SO and I for pets through the bars. :smith:

He's home now and aside from still being a bit nervous, has still been ridiculously chill and affectionate. The only difference is he's a bit woozy from the medicine and swayed back and forth like a drunk while doing his headbutt routine.

Here he is getting love from my SO in an old cat bed (same source as the carrier)and rolling around at my feet.

He looks so happy :3:

of bees posted:

What a cute little fur monster.

I might have some good news for you too, in regards to the allergies. If you take time to get acclimated to him specifically, your allergies might not flare up from being around him. This happened with one of my friends: she has horrendous cat allergies, but her boyfriend owns a cat. After constantly being around him for over a year (with precautions + lots of allergy meds), she eventually got to the point where she doesn't even get a runny nose from that cat anymore! It only works with that cat though, she still had reactions to my cat when he was still alive.

So maybe the same thing could happen to you? Then you could keep him inside all the time, if you wanted.

Same here, I have terrible allergies but I got used to my cats, so I no longer get any allergy symptoms even if I stuff my face into their fur (which I do a lot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Licking excessively is the main symptom i got. it seem initially like the "fancy" food is more expensive but it's actually more calorie dense so you give them less, so it's actually less expensive than the regular cheapo stuff. I give my allergy cat Blue Buffalo fish & potato. It's like $40/bag but it lasts 4 months.

e: just make sure youre not free feeding cause that'll drive the cost up a poo poo ton and make him a fat. meal times is the way to go.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 30, 2016

• Locked thread