Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

my dad is a wizard

What kind of magic does your dad do? Is he a coin summoner or a nose theif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
My dad set aside his dreams and ambitions to raise a family. Now he is old and afraid of dying without fulfilling those dreams and considers a divorce with my mom. He will probably die alone, drowning during a storm while sailing around Antarctica.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

my dad is a wizard

gently caress off

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Orkin Mang posted:

gently caress off

:yikes:

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
he loves Arbys, sleeping in his chair, and getting deals.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Zombiepop posted:

My dad set aside his dreams and ambitions to raise a family. Now he is old and afraid of dying without fulfilling those dreams and considers a divorce with my mom. He will probably die alone, drowning during a storm while sailing around Antarctica.

Sorry to break it to you but Antarctica is all cold so the water is frozen. You can't drown in antarctica

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
My dad is very short and I'm pretty tall which means I could totally dunk over him if either of us played basketball.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I don't remember posting that. Peace out

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My father was...a drinker.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
That's not a joker quote. He drank like a sailor. Then he died of cirrhosis of the liver. Owned, Steve.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Orkin Mang posted:

I don't remember posting that. Peace out

will you be my forums dad?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My biological father abandoned my mother and I when I was like 1, and later in life got really religious and started adopting/fostering kids left and right, which I eventually figured out was possibly out of guilt for abandoning his first born.

But now he's a literal cult leader in the Philippines, so I realize I probably dodged a bullet by his leaving.

The second guy my whore mother married adopted me and was a pretty good guy, though, but then they got divorced and he left when I was like 14, just when a boy needs a male role model.

I don't know what it was about their generation. "Have a bunch of kids, but fuckit, got to do me for a while."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My father has a PhD in Physics yet he can't figure out how netflix works.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

Sorry to break it to you but Antarctica is all cold so the water is frozen. You can't drown in antarctica

He will find a way, Im sure of it.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
He fixes air conditioners, has a new wife and a couple stepdaughters, and watches fix news all day.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My dad lives on a remote tropical island, drinks beer and plays golf. In that order.

Except when his gout acts up due to drinking too much beer, then he just sits at the pub and drinks beer.
(Oh he also owns greyhounds and races them)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My dad likes to drink sherry

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Thank you for all of the dad stories so far, keep up the good work!

Today we will be talking about FEAR. What is your dad afraid of? If you are a dad, what are you afraid of? What do you fear about your children?

I'm afraid of being a dad, personally, mostly because I do not want to be spermjacked by some feminist

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
My pops largely ignored me unless it was related to something he was interested in. Not saying I didn't like all the camping and music and poo poo but there was no guidance, you know? I never had him sit down and help me with homework or talk to me about girls. To this day we don't really talk and when we do it's kind of weird because he talks to me like he's being this sort of friendly Gandalf person and it's not who I need in my life. He never calls either.

Otner
Dec 28, 2011

by Hand Knit
Buglord

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

my dad is a wizard

my dad is a barbarian

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my dad taught me how to not give a gently caress and he rules

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad is a 3 letter agency's liaison to another 3 letter after about 26 years in the military. He got hurt during 9/11 when he fell off his treadmill at the Hilton across from the Pentagon and tore his Achilles tendon.

He has the gayest boo-boo of all the 9/11 related injuries

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Booblord Zagats posted:

My dad is a 3 letter agency's liaison to another 3 letter after about 26 years in the military. He got hurt during 9/11 when he fell off his treadmill at the Hilton across from the Pentagon and tore his Achilles tendon.

He has the gayest boo-boo of all the 9/11 related injuries

I can't imagine the pain of that yet I still laughed at the whole situation

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My dad is getting fat as gently caress

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My dad was actually really great, but I didn't talk to him for the last few years of his life over some silly stuff. He was very passive, and for the longest time I thought he let my mom walk all over him but later I realized he just picked his battles very carefully and only spoke up when it was really important to him.

Anyway, I wish I had talked to him near the end and that I had gone home more often so other goons with alive dads shouldn't do that, because one day life slows down and you regret it a lot.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My dad's ashes were dumped into a river where inevitably some hippy drank water thinking it was the nectar of God. Jokes on you, It's just the corpse of Steve.

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc
My dad moved to the beaches of North Carolina last year .I'm glad he is a happy dad but I'm sad because i don't get to see him much anymore.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
My dad cheated on my mother and divorced her. He spent a few years living at his mother's place. Then when his mother had a massive stroke that left her severely disabled, he put her in the dingiest loving care home he could find and left her to wither and die there for a couple of months, despite the fact that she had enough money she could have had a live-in nurse at her house, which is absolutely what she would have wanted. Then he totally ignored me at her funeral. Then he abused his position as estate executor to try to deny his sister as much money as possible, even when it meant he himself got less money, to the point where he hosed up the estate so bad he almost went to jail.

I haven't spoken to my father for sixteen years and I honestly don't expect I ever will again.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Zombie Boat posted:

My dad's ashes were dumped into a river where inevitably some hippy drank water thinking it was the nectar of God. Jokes on you, It's just the corpse of Steve.

You know in some cultures they consume the dead in rememberance. That hippy is celebrating your father by consuming his essence

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Business Gorillas posted:

You know in some cultures they consume the dead in rememberance. That hippy is celebrating your father by consuming his essence

Jokes on that hippy then. They probably got hep c

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One time my friend was telling me about his childhood when he mentioned his dad leaving when he was really young. My immediate reaction was to ask "where did he go?", but as I thought that to myself I started to laugh at how absurd that question was, then I realized it seemed like I was laughing that his dad left and felt awkward so I started laughing more.

So the exchange went:

Friend: My dad left when I was really young.
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

it's cool though, we're still friends.

Anyway, I never knew my dad because he also left when I was young but he's dead now SO I'LL NEVER KNOW HIM. My mom is also dead.

RIP dad. RIP mom.

Love Live the Orphan

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I can't imagine the pain of that yet I still laughed at the whole situation

It's still a lingering pain after 3 surgeries and 15 years. But my brother and I mercilessly make fun of him for it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My dad is a really cool dad, and has gotten even more chill and cool since he retired- a great dad

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
My dad has a giant bald round head, like Charlie Brown. You should see him wear a hat (it is quite amusing). :3:

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

My father is my closest ally, despite all the hell I've put him through.

Mom divorced him after 30 years of marriage, and I still haven't forgiven her.

------

Dad and I play online scrabble together...we always have a running match. He is a professional librarian and accomplished wordsmith, and he makes for a top-flight challenger.

Playing that game, and using the chat feature to trade a couple messages daily, has done more to solidify our relationship (dare I say friendship?) than I would ever have predicted.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Also, my dad can totally whip your dad's rear end

metaphorically

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

He was troubled man burdened by mental illness, alcoholism, and an overbearing wife who died when I was fifteen leaving me confused by my lack of grief despite my belief that I loved him which caused me to question whether I really loved anyone or if I was inherently broken.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

my dad is as tall as a hog and twice as meaty

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

my dad plays poker for a living

poker! you brought her!

also my stepdad is super cool gently caress the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my dad also introduced me to metal when i was 13 by giving me his copy of Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe. i returned the favor late last year by introducing him to Corrosion of Conformity through Blind and he loved it. i feel like he would have enjoyed Wiseblood more knowing his music taste, but lol gently caress Wiseblood.

• Locked thread