Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

paper jam has the best boss music ever and i caught myself listening to it on loop for like an hour yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
In my most recent playthrough of SMRPG I almost went insane from hearing the main battle music over and over again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't like SMRPG much. It didn't really feel very Mario outside the actual sprites of the main characters, and that's important to me.

Bowser's Inside Story was really good and I still love Pape r Mario 1... Thousand Year Door seems good but my Wii has AIDS and the game lags during battle scenes so I can't do any of the timed presses properly and it drives me insane. I have Paper Jam and I'm looking forward to playing it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Gamecubes go for like fifty bucks iirc

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

mycophobia posted:

In my most recent playthrough of SMRPG I almost went insane from hearing the main battle music over and over again

Sometimes it just plays in my head

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

better yet you can pick up a wii for like 30ish bucks. ttyd is so good id actually recommend this. idk how good it is on dolphin, i remember paper mario 64 being impossible to emulate

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2qnZ4RTbUE

people at nintendo hate ttyd or something because this was the only track from it to make it into smash 4, and it's a 40 second snippet in a medley between 2 sticker star tracks that are both awful in comparison

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th minigames in smrpg are all super badass, people nly remember the minecart one but the beetle shooter game, booster hill and bowser' castle as a whole re on fleek

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i played and beat smrpg on wiiu vc last year

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I didn't know paper jam was so well regarded, I should've got it on that E3 sale

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Fungah! posted:

th minigames in smrpg are all super badass, people nly remember the minecart one but the beetle shooter game, booster hill and bowser' castle as a whole re on fleek

Riding the barrels down the river, also falling down the river in the over world and scoopin up mad frog coins. Winning

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I didn't know paper jam was so well regarded, I should've got it on that E3 sale

I'm glad imps like it, i dont yhink normies do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think most people don't even know it even exists really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well that's true of all video games at some level.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

poo poo... That's deep.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sticker star was so bad it hurt paper jam a lot because ppl thought itd be more of the same. but gameplay wise it's the best mario rpg yet

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Super Mario RPG, op.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

sticker star was so bad it hurt paper jam a lot because ppl thought itd be more of the same. but gameplay wise it's the best mario rpg yet

I actually quite liked sticker star but I'm mentally ill

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I thought Sticker Star and Paper Jam were the same games until now

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I forgot it existed

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm kind of down on the Mario & Luigi series in general but Paper Jam and Bowsers Inside Story are the only one I liked. paper Jam is mostly real good and has no tutorial BS and is actually really freaking hard

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I thought Sticker Star and Paper Jam were the same games until now

sticker star sucks rear end but paper jam is really good except for hte toad chasing bullshit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah. every rpg ever has dumb poo poo that breaks up the action but in paper jam they literally halt the story and tell you to go play toad minigames, idk what they were thinking. but the actual gameplay is so good ill forgive it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the road minigames

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit: Toad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyre not terrible or anything, just the way its done. usually that type of stuff is woven into the story and it feels very forced in paper jam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's true. The only part of paper jam I didn't like was the paper craft battles, the controls were clunky and the encounters were never very fun. Thankfully there were like only 3 or 4 in the entire game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its crazy to think how they mixed mario and RPGs one time, a blend that nobody would have ever came up with on their own

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i wanna give super mario rpg a big kiss, because i love it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Fail confession: I never beat Culex in Monstro Town

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Fail confession: I never beat Culex in Monstro Town

>he never found the lazy shell armor

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I had the lazy shell.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I had the lazy shell.

>being this pleb

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beating Culex and Ruby WEAPON for the first time were incredible moments for kid me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Culex and the Weapons but I never beat Ozma

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Gigante posted:

I beat Culex and the Weapons but I never beat Ozma

this is me

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only optional boss I couldn't beat was the thing in Saga frontier that had a billion hp

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

Super Mario RPG, op.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I've ever beaten an optional mega boss in a jrpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo