Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached the one in Lightning Returns but couldn't beat it, and I have a file in FFXIII on PC that has every hunt done except the last one and I haven't even attempted it yet, idk why I never tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2qnZ4RTbUE

people at nintendo hate ttyd or something because this was the only track from it to make it into smash 4, and it's a 40 second snippet in a medley between 2 sticker star tracks that are both awful in comparison

i think the music in sticker star is extremely good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just barely beat beelzebub in smt4 and couldnt touch any of the other superbosses, theyre some serious bullshit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just barely beat beelzebub in smt4 and couldnt touch any of the other superbosses, theyre some serious bullshit
all the fiends have stupid requirements for finding them and then a 1/256 encounter rate once you do lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I reached the one in Lightning Returns but couldn't beat it, and I have a file in FFXIII on PC that has every hunt done except the last one and I haven't even attempted it yet, idk why I never tried it.

The ones in LR are really tough but I was able to beat every omega enemy.

I did all 60 hunts in FFXIII too but for some reason I didn't 100% FFXIII-2 or its dlc.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

i think the music in sticker star is extremely good

It has the best music in the series easily. I am seriously excited for the Color Splash OST.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

It has the best music in the series easily. I am seriously excited for the Color Splash OST.

yeah i might end up getting the game even if its otherwise just OK because the OST made sticker star a lot better than it actually is

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

all the fiends have stupid requirements for finding them and then a 1/256 encounter rate once you do lol

theres another superboss that you can reach through regular means, i forget the name but hes basically True God and the fucker has every kind of attack. covers all the element and physical types even, if you try to bring in anyone that reflects any of his bull to even the odds he gets pissed and wipes your team

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I don't think I've ever beaten an optional mega boss in a jrpg

same. thats not how i play game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ib eat the weapons nd it 100% wasnt worth it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres another superboss that you can reach through regular means, i forget the name but hes basically True God and the fucker has every kind of attack. covers all the element and physical types even, if you try to bring in anyone that reflects any of his bull to even the odds he gets pissed and wipes your team

Killing God in jrpgs ftw

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

HolePisser1982 posted:

same. thats not how i play game

i love to become powerful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its even better when god is a hidden superboss

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The part when the dragon eats the crowd in ttyd blew my mind. The whole game has poo poo like that. It's so good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i still think about the glitzville chapter and how cool it was

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Beelzebub did that to me so I got pissed and stopped fighting him. Who's this guy though

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>he never found the lazy shell armor

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>being this pleb

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

hell yeah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol I love that megaten gimmick

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Grafe's destiny are balls.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

The excess express was great too.

Boggly woods was the only low point and even that's not much of a low point.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Boggly woods is pretty

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Was that the part where Doopliss makes you backtrack alone before finding vivian because i remember not caring much for that

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Was that the part where Doopliss makes you backtrack alone before finding vivian because i remember not caring much for that
No, that's the spooky woods level, Boggly Woods was the level with the little tree guys you help fight bees for some reason.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I haven't played anything post inside story, sounds like the right move is to skip straight to paper jam?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

I haven't played anything post inside story, sounds like the right move is to skip straight to paper jam?

Yeah, Dream Team is okay but it's overloaded with tutorials and it gets insanely tedious. I beat it but I was kinda hating it by the end

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
which paper mario should i buy on the wii u store? i ahvent played either of them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

which paper mario should i buy on the wii u store? i ahvent played either of them

I think only the first is on the wii u vc....

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think only the first is on the wii u vc....

theres that and super paper mario

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Super Paper Mario is decent but its not a rpg and more of a weird platformer so go with the original

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

original and ttyd are the two best

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dont think i ever finished a mario rpg despite starting them a billion times

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

original paper mario is fun if you go low hp and put all your points into badges, otherwise it gets too easy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thousand year door work on dolphin?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zas posted:

original paper mario is fun if you go low hp and put all your points into badges, otherwise it gets too easy

this actually breaks the game in your favor lol. ttyd is even worse since there's no cap and you can have shittons of BP and FP

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I guess it doenst make it any harder but you do get to play around with the badges more which is fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zas posted:

I guess it doenst make it any harder but you do get to play around with the badges more which is fun

yeah, it's also fun to stack all the danger badges and deal a billion damage

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

this actually breaks the game in your favor lol. ttyd is even worse since there's no cap and you can have shittons of BP and FP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if "never the defensive actions" would make paper Mario more challenging

• Locked thread