Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Super Paper Mario is decent but its not a rpg and more of a weird platformer so go with the original

It has some OK plot dialogue lolsy stuff but the core concept of the platforming of an rpg combined with the combat of a platformer is dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

theyre not terrible or anything, just the way its done. usually that type of stuff is woven into the story and it feels very forced in paper jam

the paper toads got blown everywhere and you have to rescue them because they are in a bizarre alien world where their live's's are threatened it makes perfect sense

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no man's sky but with paper toads

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

the paper toads got blown everywhere and you have to rescue them because they are in a bizarre alien world where their live's's are threatened it makes perfect sense

why is mario helping people, this really takes me out of the story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

he give you the succ

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
well i already had super mario rpg on the Wii from nintendo rewards or whatever so the upgrade was only $1.50, so I bought the original paper mario as well. woot

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Despite having played every mario rpg, i have not beaten the first one yet. :sweatdrop:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Despite having played every mario rpg, i have not beaten the first one yet. :sweatdrop:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/UltraNick24/status/756993867157692417

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think Superstar Saga might be my favorite Mario RPG.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
closing in on the end of paper jam (i think) and I'm digging it. I had a real rough go with the pokey fight but that was half not remembering how any of the gimmicks work after putting it down for a few months.

Great Tier
TYD, SMRPG, tentatively Paper Jam

Good Tier
Paper Mario, Superstar Saga

OK Tier
Sticker Star

Stink Tier
Super Paper Mario, Dream Team

I didn't play yet Tier
Inside Story
Partners in Time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inside Story is really good. Partners in Time is charming in parts but is basically a less good Inside Story

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

inside story has way too many minigames, and all of the 2d exploration witrh the bros inside bowser really sucked. playing and fighting as bowser is great though, game shouldve just been about that. his dialogue is god tier

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The Milkman posted:

closing in on the end of paper jam (i think) and I'm digging it. I had a real rough go with the pokey fight but that was half not remembering how any of the gimmicks work after putting it down for a few months.

Great Tier
TYD, SMRPG, tentatively Paper Jam

Good Tier
Paper Mario, Superstar Saga

OK Tier
Sticker Star

Stink Tier
Super Paper Mario, Dream Team

I didn't play yet Tier
Inside Story
Partners in Time

inside story is great and partners in time is stink and i agree with the rest

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The only thing I didn't get in SMRPG was the 100 super jump suit. I did get the 30 jump scarf once.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im playing Paper Jam now and it's a ton of fun. The battle system has been refined to perfection. It has that weird Sticker Star thing with the lack of interesting characters and personalities but that's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

drat. The wiggler boss doesn't gently caress around.

• Locked thread