Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
KDE or GNOME?
KDE, I wear a suit
GNOME, I got a macklemore haircut
View Results

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
MR ROBOT is a show about computers, drugs, hacking, anarchy and some other poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQM5fU7V-MM

it'll be back at 2016.07.13

before then I think I'll rewatch the White Rose episode, that was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
mr robot (the show) comes across as super pretentious sometimes. and I'm not sure what to think about the influences/references/homages thing... and it's really hard to like (or even care) about some characters.

but there was still some legit good episodes. I'm not exactly anxious to watch it, but I can't wait to talk about it here in the 'pos.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

its happening. the point is that hes nuts and he obliterated the worlds economy because he doesnt understand how it works. he destroys the lives of those around him and he doesnt notice or care because hes trapped in his own paranoid world.

this is a stance that the show took time to hint at. I guess if I rewatch the earlier episodes I would see elliote's bullshit monologues in a different light...

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
the only thing I saw from Silicon Valley is that scene where the guy fights the girl over spaces vs tabs

it was a pretty bad scene

but you guys can still convince me that the show as a whole is good and that scene was a cheap gimmick and not representative of Silicon Valley's usual humor

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
so it seems like the first episode of mr robot season 2 is already out because they streamed over the internet first

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Stereotype posted:

yeah that was probably the worst scene in the show. the rest is great. I made a thread about it.

oh and I guess I'll check it eventually because

1. you're a good poster
2. I like beavis and butthead and king of the hill

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
this episode revealed that last season's big evilcorp hack was done by a python script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I'm not sure if the "guy who just discovered seinfeld" bit is just bad writing or if there's something up with that. you never know with all these twists, you can't hold all of them.

what I mean is it feels like there's something off with it.

• Locked thread