Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

e: ignore this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
:siren: 12 HOURS LEFT UNTIL SIGNUPS CLOSE :siren:

Again, if you haven't already, please double-check the second post and make sure you're on the list!

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Come on Joementum! Don't miss the deadline!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Entry sent. I cut it rather close.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
:siren: SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED! :siren:

The answer reveals will start this evening at 6pm Pacific time. Answers are now locked in, so feel free to discuss them in the thread. I'd appreciate it if people didn't just dump their entire entries here, but if you want to post something like, "Man, I put X for question Y, but it was really hard," then that's fine.

See you all in 18 hours!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm curious about the breakdown of serious versus comedy answers for #2.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Never before have I hoped to be so average :ohdear:

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Technogeek posted:

There is comedy in anyone Trump picks for his VP.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Technogeek posted:

There is no possible difference. Remember that the current front runners for serious answer are :newt: and Chris Christie.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Rye posted:

There is comedy in anyone Trump picks for his VP.

Ron Paul!?

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Guess I've missed the deadline, but here are what my tips would have been so I can still play along at home:

1. This person will be Hillary Clinton's vice-presidential pick. - Elizabeth Warren
2. This person will be Donald Trump's vice-presidential pick - Nikki Haley
3. Following the 2016 elections, the new Speaker of the House will not be Paul Ryan, but instead this person. - Nancy Pelosi
4. Following the 2016 elections, the new Senate Majority Leader will not be Mitch McConnell, but instead this person. - Harry Reid
5. If Donald Trump wins the presidency and the Republicans retain control of the House and Senate, this will be the first bill Trump signs into law, in one to three words. - Build a wall
6. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency and the Democrats take back control of the House and Senate, this will be the first bill Clinton signs into law, in one to three words. - Minimum wage increase
7. If Hillary Clinton had never existed, this person would have become the 2016 Democratic nominee. - Bernie Sanders
8. If Donald Trump had never existed, this person would have become the 2016 Republican nominee - Marco Rubio
9. This issue will be the defining issue of the 2016 presidential election. - Economy
10. Among people who did not participate in any party’s presidential primary for 2016, this person will have the biggest effect on the 2016 presidential election. - Barack Obama
11. This state will have the most unexpected result in the 2016 presidential election. - New Hampshire is going red.
12. It's late October, and Donald Trump unveils a staggering revelation that causes Hillary Clinton to lose in a landslide. Name it. - Bill Clinton sex scandal.
13. It's mid-July, and Hillary Clinton unveils a staggering revelation that causes Donald Trump to drop out of the race before the convention. Name it. - Forged birth certificate
14. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency, this will be the first thing Donald Trump publicly blames for his loss. - Immigrants
15. This will be the first thing Barack Obama does after leaving office. - Founds a charity
16. This person will be the next President of the United States. - Hillary Clinton

If you put anything different then ead, you're gonna lose.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I half-expect everyone who put "Donald Trump" for every single answer is going to win this thing

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
gently caress I should have said Puerto Rico for 11.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Meatbag Esq. posted:

gently caress I should have said Puerto Rico for 11.

11 is kind of hard anyway, if you know it's going to be unexpected, is it actually unexpected?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

:siren: SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED! :siren:

The answer reveals will start this evening at 6pm Pacific time. Answers are now locked in, so feel free to discuss them in the thread. I'd appreciate it if people didn't just dump their entire entries here, but if you want to post something like, "Man, I put X for question Y, but it was really hard," then that's fine.

See you all in 18 hours!
The one that stumped me was number 12. Most of the other stuff I could come up with something plausible (or something that I thought other goons might say), but I just drew a complete blank on anything Trump could possibly come up with that would make Hillary lose.

Pretty much everything that could be brought up by Trump has been, and if it's "Bill Clinton sex scandal" then I still think Hillary would win, cuz the collective US reaction would be "oh god shut up, we already did that with Monica Lewinsky, no one cares anymore".

fade5 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 6, 2016

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

fade5 posted:

The one that stumped me was number 12. Most of the other stuff I could come up with something plausible (or something that I thought other goons might say), but I just drew a complete blank on anything Trump could possibly come up with that would make Hillary lose.

I found something. Goon hivemind probably won't agree, but it would work.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Gyges posted:

11 is kind of hard anyway, if you know it's going to be unexpected, is it actually unexpected?

I definitely went all in on trying too hard to be funny.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

12 was the hardest for me too, but I'm happy with my answer.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got the only correct answer to 10.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blurred posted:

Guess I've missed the deadline, but here are what my tips would have been so I can still play along at home:

1. This person will be Hillary Clinton's vice-presidential pick. - Elizabeth Warren
2. This person will be Donald Trump's vice-presidential pick - Nikki Haley
3. Following the 2016 elections, the new Speaker of the House will not be Paul Ryan, but instead this person. - Nancy Pelosi
4. Following the 2016 elections, the new Senate Majority Leader will not be Mitch McConnell, but instead this person. - Harry Reid
5. If Donald Trump wins the presidency and the Republicans retain control of the House and Senate, this will be the first bill Trump signs into law, in one to three words. - Build a wall
6. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency and the Democrats take back control of the House and Senate, this will be the first bill Clinton signs into law, in one to three words. - Minimum wage increase
7. If Hillary Clinton had never existed, this person would have become the 2016 Democratic nominee. - Bernie Sanders
8. If Donald Trump had never existed, this person would have become the 2016 Republican nominee - Marco Rubio
9. This issue will be the defining issue of the 2016 presidential election. - Economy
10. Among people who did not participate in any party’s presidential primary for 2016, this person will have the biggest effect on the 2016 presidential election. - Barack Obama
11. This state will have the most unexpected result in the 2016 presidential election. - New Hampshire is going red.
12. It's late October, and Donald Trump unveils a staggering revelation that causes Hillary Clinton to lose in a landslide. Name it. - Bill Clinton sex scandal.
13. It's mid-July, and Hillary Clinton unveils a staggering revelation that causes Donald Trump to drop out of the race before the convention. Name it. - Forged birth certificate
14. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency, this will be the first thing Donald Trump publicly blames for his loss. - Immigrants
15. This will be the first thing Barack Obama does after leaving office. - Founds a charity
16. This person will be the next President of the United States. - Hillary Clinton

If you put anything different then ead, you're gonna lose.

This is boring. You're boring.

I went about half and half funny and serious. 12 was really easy, but I couldn't come up with 3 for the life of me, because I desperately wanted to say a name other than Pelosi. 15 was easily my favorite one to answer though. I have like three I had to choose between, but I made the right call.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I went about half and half funny and serious. 12 was really easy, but I couldn't come up with 3 for the life of me, because I desperately wanted to say a name other than Pelosi. 15 was easily my favorite one to answer though. I have like three I had to choose between, but I made the right call.

See, I just stuck with a Republican for 3 as my super boring answer.

And yeah, 15 is gonna be full of winners.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Capfalcon posted:

See, I just stuck with a Republican for 3 as my super boring answer.

Same, but I'm probably wrong

I hope at least one person put Eric Cantor though, just for kicks... :allears:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The hardest one for me was 6. In the end I went with a dumb meme for that one.

I could think of two answers to 12. One was "Bill raped a girl on Epstein's jet," which I guess would have been lumped with "Bill Clinton sex scandal," but I decided against it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Your Harry Reid guess is almost certain to be IRL wrong, for what its worth, seeing as he's retiring this cycle.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

All right, time to get this show on the road! Here's how this is going to work:
  • I'll be alternating between two types of posts: a post with the current standings (after people have actual points) along with a preview of the next question, and a post with the results of that question. There will be about 5 minutes between posts.
  • There were a couple of cases where I grouped similar answers into one group, and a couple other cases where I left them separate. Please don't bitch about me grouping/not grouping your answer unless I honestly hosed up and missed something with a spelling error or whatever. There were only a couple of iffy cases and they all would only have made a few points' difference.
  • Each question preview will have a couple of images of possible answers. Please note that :siren: these may or may not have anything to do with how many people gave that answer. :siren: The images are meant to give an idea of what some people selected, and to get you thinking about possible answers you might have forgotten.
Got it? Okay, here we go:

Question 1: This person will be Hillary Clinton's vice-presidential pick.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Question 1: This person will be Hillary Clinton's vice-presidential pick.

Julian Castro - 21
seiferguy
Quovak
Necc0
Dolash
Junior G-man
Venomous
Ogmius815
Haschel Cedricson
Koishi Komeiji
Aesculus
MaxNV
DemeaninDemon
Slaan
Super Librarian
ieatsoap6
Brigadier Sockface
The Iron Llama
True Blue Triumph
Capfalcon
Reason
Nessus

Tim Kaine - 16
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Riptor
Technogeek
Lord Hydronium
Gyges
whitey delenda est
Alris
Grundulum
Pinterest Mom
AKA Pseudonym
Ron Roenicke
FairGame
One More Fat Nerd
MisterJed
MaxxBot
ComradeCosmobot

Elizabeth Warren - 9
System Metternich
Coohoolin
Rye
Chokes McGee
Cliff Racer
DarklyDreaming
StandardVC10
Adar
Silver2195

Tom Perez - 5
Phi Fi Fo Fum
Salvor_Hardin
Grey Fox
fade5
HisMajestyBOB

Bill Clinton - 3
Meat Recital
SHISHKABOB
Budzilla

Joe Biden - 2
tentative8e8op
Don We Now

Bernie Sanders - 2
Vegetables
bewilderment

ACES:

a milquetoast moderate white dude - Alfred P. Pseudonym
An empty can of root beer - Goldfish
Marco Rubio - gently caress HARAMBE
Joaquin Castro (or is it Julian? the world may never know) - Yoshifan823
Head Coach of the most Glorious Ohio State University Urban Meyer - C. Everett Koop
Email Server that Writes Directly to Truecrypt with 2 Factor Authentication - Meatbag Esq.
Fidel Castro - Cruel and Unusual

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

It begins!

Let's do this!

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Joaquín Castro

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Well, I think we know who the optimists and pessimists are now.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
Tied for an early lead :smuggo:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Scores after question 1:
code:
seiferguy - 21
Quovak - 21
Necc0 - 21
Dolash - 21
Junior G-man - 21
Venomous - 21
Ogmius815 - 21
Haschel Cedricson - 21
Koishi Komeiji - 21
Aesculus - 21
MaxNV - 21
DemeaninDemon - 21
Slaan - 21
Super Librarian - 21
ieatsoap6 - 21
Brigadier Sockface - 21
The Iron Llama - 21
True Blue Triumph - 21
Capfalcon - 21
Reason - 21
Nessus - 21
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD - 16
Riptor - 16
Technogeek - 16
Lord Hydronium - 16
Gyges - 16
whitey delenda est - 16
Alris - 16
Grundulum - 16
Pinterest Mom - 16
AKA Pseudonym - 16
Ron Roenicke - 16
FairGame - 16
One More Fat Nerd - 16
MisterJed - 16
MaxxBot - 16
ComradeCosmobot - 16
System Metternich - 9
Coohoolin - 9
Rye - 9
Chokes McGee - 9
Cliff Racer - 9
DarklyDreaming - 9
StandardVC10 - 9
Adar - 9
Silver2195 - 9
Phi Fi Fo Fum - 5
Salvor_Hardin - 5
Grey Fox - 5
fade5 - 5
HisMajestyBOB - 5
Meat Recital - 3
SHISHKABOB - 3
Budzilla - 3
tentative8e8op - 2
Vegetables - 2
Don We Now - 2
bewilderment - 2
Alfred P. Pseudonym - 1
Goldfish - 1
gently caress HARAMBE - 1
Yoshifan823 - 1
C. Everett Koop - 1
Meatbag Esq. - 1
Cruel and Unusual - 1
Question 2: This person will be Donald Trump's vice-presidential pick.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thus continues a proud tradition of being in the third or fourth placed group every question!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Oh god dammit! Why didn't I guess Vince McMahon? It seems so obvious now.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Question 2: This person will be Donald Trump's vice-presidential pick.

Chris Christie - 24
Coohoolin
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
seiferguy
Phi Fi Fo Fum
gently caress HARAMBE
Lord Hydronium
Rye
Chokes McGee
Ogmius815
Cliff Racer
Haschel Cedricson
Koishi Komeiji
Aesculus
MaxNV
Alris
Slaan
Super Librarian
bewilderment
Brigadier Sockface
Ron Roenicke
Budzilla
Capfalcon
Reason
fade5

Newt Gingrich - 14
Quovak
Riptor
Dolash
DemeaninDemon
Adar
Salvor_Hardin
Pinterest Mom
AKA Pseudonym
Grey Fox
Cruel and Unusual
FairGame
One More Fat Nerd
MaxxBot
ComradeCosmobot

Ivanka Trump - 5
Necc0
Gyges
StandardVC10
Grundulum
HisMajestyBOB

Donald Trump - 4
Technogeek
Yoshifan823
ieatsoap6
MisterJed

Vince McMahon - 2
Venomous
The Iron Llama

David Duke - 2
Meatbag Esq.
Nessus

ACES:

Michelle Bachmann - Meat Recital
Joe the Plumber - System Metternich
Bill Clinton - SHISHKABOB
Joe Biden - tentative8e8op
Mike Tyson - Alfred P. Pseudonym
ditto - Goldfish
Joni Ernst - Junior G-man
Oprah Winfrey - Vegetables
Mary Fallin - whitey delenda est
Franklin Graham - DarklyDreaming
Bernie Sanders - Don We Now
Head Coach of the most Wonderful Ohio State University Urban Meyer - C. Everett Koop
Ben Carson - True Blue Triumph
Sarah Palin - Silver2195

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 7, 2016

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Oh god dammit! Why didn't I guess Vince McMahon? It seems so obvious now.

Nah, looks like you made the right call the first time.

EDIT: That John Miller vote really should have counted for Donald Trump if you ask me. :v:

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 7, 2016

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

drat I did not expect to lose my perfect score this early.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I really thought more people would have gone with Ivanka.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Scores after question 2:
code:
seiferguy - 45
Ogmius815 - 45
Haschel Cedricson - 45
Koishi Komeiji - 45
Aesculus - 45
MaxNV - 45
Slaan - 45
Super Librarian - 45
Brigadier Sockface - 45
Capfalcon - 45
Reason - 45
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD - 40
Lord Hydronium - 40
Alris - 40
Ron Roenicke - 40
Quovak - 35
Dolash - 35
DemeaninDemon - 35
Coohoolin - 33
Rye - 33
Chokes McGee - 33
Cliff Racer - 33
Riptor - 30
Pinterest Mom - 30
AKA Pseudonym - 30
FairGame - 30
One More Fat Nerd - 30
MaxxBot - 30
ComradeCosmobot - 30
Phi Fi Fo Fum - 29
fade5 - 29
Budzilla - 27
Necc0 - 26
bewilderment - 26
gently caress HARAMBE - 25
ieatsoap6 - 25
Venomous - 23
Adar - 23
The Iron Llama - 23
Nessus - 23
Junior G-man - 22
True Blue Triumph - 22
Gyges - 21
Grundulum - 21
Technogeek - 20
MisterJed - 20
Salvor_Hardin - 19
Grey Fox - 19
whitey delenda est - 17
Cruel and Unusual - 15
StandardVC10 - 14
System Metternich - 10
DarklyDreaming - 10
Silver2195 - 10
HisMajestyBOB - 10
Yoshifan823 - 5
Meat Recital - 4
SHISHKABOB - 4
tentative8e8op - 3
Vegetables - 3
Don We Now - 3
Meatbag Esq. - 3
Alfred P. Pseudonym - 2
Goldfish - 2
C. Everett Koop - 2
Question 3: Following the 2016 elections, the new Speaker of the House will not be Paul Ryan, but instead this person.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 7, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

EDIT: That John Miller vote really should have counted for Donald Trump if you ask me. :v:
Good catch, I actually completely missed that! One of the answers under Donald Trump was "a mysterious newcomer named Tonald Drump" so I guess John Miller should count as well.

EDIT: Answers and standings should now be accurate.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Question 3: Following the 2016 elections, the new Speaker of the House will not be Paul Ryan, but instead this person.

Nancy Pelosi - 28
seiferguy
System Metternich
Quovak
Riptor
Phi Fi Fo Fum
Dolash
Vegetables
Lord Hydronium
Cliff Racer
Aesculus
MaxNV
DemeaninDemon
Slaan
Yoshifan823
Adar
Super Librarian
ieatsoap6
bewilderment
Grundulum
Pinterest Mom
AKA Pseudonym
Brigadier Sockface
Cruel and Unusual
The Iron Llama
True Blue Triumph
MisterJed
Silver2195
Nessus

Kevin McCarthy - 8
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Junior G-man
Rye
Haschel Cedricson
Alris
Salvor_Hardin
Budzilla
Capfalcon

Louie Gohmert - 4
Meat Recital
Alfred P. Pseudonym
FairGame
MaxxBot

Elizabeth Warren - 2
SHISHKABOB
Koishi Komeiji

Jim Jordan - 2
Necc0
Grey Fox

Steve Scalise - 2
gently caress HARAMBE
Ron Roenicke

Donald Trump - 2
Ogmius815
HisMajestyBOB

Daniel Webster - 2
whitey delenda est
ComradeCosmobot

ACES:

Bill Flores - Coohoolin
Jim Clyburn - tentative8e8op
Elmo - Goldfish
Steve King (R-IA) - Technogeek
Rand Paul - Venomous
Newt Gingrich - Chokes McGee
Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage - Gyges
Dianne Feinstein - DarklyDreaming
Hologram Ronald Reagan, the only simulated person the entire GOP caucus can still unite behind - StandardVC10
who cares? - Don We Now
Co-Offensive Coordinator of the most Fabulous Ohio State University Ed Warriner - C. Everett Koop
Boris Johnson after Reclaiming His US Citizenship - Meatbag Esq.
Paul Ryan - One More Fat Nerd
Marco Rubio - Reason
Chuck Schumer - fade5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Scores after question 3:
code:
seiferguy - 73
Aesculus - 73
MaxNV - 73
Slaan - 73
Super Librarian - 73
Brigadier Sockface - 73
Lord Hydronium - 68
Quovak - 63
Dolash - 63
DemeaninDemon - 63
Cliff Racer - 61
Riptor - 58
Pinterest Mom - 58
AKA Pseudonym - 58
Phi Fi Fo Fum - 57
bewilderment - 54
Haschel Cedricson - 53
ieatsoap6 - 53
Capfalcon - 53
Adar - 51
The Iron Llama - 51
Nessus - 51
True Blue Triumph - 50
Grundulum - 49
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD - 48
Alris - 48
MisterJed - 48
Ogmius815 - 47
Koishi Komeiji - 47
Reason - 46
Cruel and Unusual - 43
Ron Roenicke - 42
Rye - 41
System Metternich - 38
Silver2195 - 38
Budzilla - 35
Coohoolin - 34
Chokes McGee - 34
FairGame - 34
MaxxBot - 34
Yoshifan823 - 33
ComradeCosmobot - 32
Vegetables - 31
One More Fat Nerd - 31
Junior G-man - 30
fade5 - 30
Necc0 - 28
gently caress HARAMBE - 27
Salvor_Hardin - 27
Venomous - 24
Gyges - 22
Technogeek - 21
Grey Fox - 21
whitey delenda est - 19
StandardVC10 - 15
HisMajestyBOB - 12
DarklyDreaming - 11
Meat Recital - 8
SHISHKABOB - 6
Alfred P. Pseudonym - 6
tentative8e8op - 4
Don We Now - 4
Meatbag Esq. - 4
Goldfish - 3
C. Everett Koop - 3
Question 4: Following the 2016 elections, the new Senate Majority Leader will not be Mitch McConnell, but instead this person.

• Locked thread