Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Isn't that what White Castle budgets are? All I know is don't eat it on a car trip because eating it makes everybody start to smell bad in their own unique ways and 4 in a car together is a revolting combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Gwyneth Paltrow does that.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
You have to dip the burger and bun in batter and get it immediately into the oil and it won't do that.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Or deep fry each individual component and assemble the burger after frying. We already know that fried pickles are great, I'm betting fried lettuce and tomato are taste sensations as well.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

deadwing posted:

lmao look at this dude who hasn't had fried green tomatoes

I make and enjoy fried green tomatoes often, but green tomatoes have a completely different taste and texture from the classic ripe burger tomato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

loquacius posted:

There is a place called Ted's in Meriden, CT that steams burgers AND fries

It mostly works because of the effect it has on the cheese (super gooey)

I guess I hadn't thought about it, but I do *sort of* steam my burgers for just that effect. If I'm not doing them on the grill, I use a grill pan. After the burgers are cooked, I turn off the heat, top them with cheese, so about a tablespoon of water or beef stock in the center of the pan and pop the lid on for about a minute. Makes for good gooey cheeseburgers.

• Locked thread