Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Will Puerto Rico finally vote for statehood if their economy gets hosed up enough? It's like half manufacturing for some insane reason when it should really be the east coasts hawaii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

pathetic little tramp posted:

Seriously why would I live in PR when I can buy a house for about a shitload cheaper on a better Caribbean island like Martinique?

Because pr is ostensibly part of the first world?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

If you want to live in Martinique because it's so cheap just go live in friggin Vietnam already

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Constant Hamprince posted:

martinique is part of france

I stand by my comment :smuggo:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I mean all or has to do is reach out and don the mantle of the 51st state them boom it will just become a solid block of 3 million dollar condos like Honolulu. People love no risk tropical American property

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

oystertoadfish posted:

so how would this be different if puerto rico was a state? ive heard something about the way they got the debt, and something about how they can get out of it, would be different but i am ignorant

If they were a state they couldn't do all the weird stuff that keeps their manufacturing competitive with the mainland and muggy force their economy to rely more on tourism for money

• Locked thread