Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

yes but yalls is better

will u buy me a burg

Let me ask EN first if it's ok or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
u can make burgs in morrowind but McDonalds wouldnt license the use so bethesda had to call them rat meat

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

peepin at this perfect morningwild character, well done op

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpaBEAkhx5s

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

whoflungpoop posted:

yes but yalls is better

will u buy me a burg

gulf coast supremacy yo, pacific's too cold for me knackers

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
*kicks back on the beach at galveston*

heh yeah the gulf coast has the best beaches

*gets coated with and killed by medical waste*

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

I don't really think there's much "gaming", it's just that AFAIK there is no total caps on skills in TES games, so given enough time you can just max out all of them

maxing stats is the hard part. you can only raise your stats by leveling up and you can only level up by raising your major/minor skills. 15 year-old me maxed out a character in oblivion and it only took me like 3 days so i think this dude sucks.

e: sorry for making such an unfunny post in a thread like this

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The spell he needs to use the console for is the one to finally quit the game.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Iron Prince posted:

*kicks back on the beach at galveston*

heh yeah the gulf coast has the best beaches

*gets coated with and killed by medical waste*

i'm not talking about galveston fool. padre is great

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Morrowind was particularly easy to break with alchemy. Simply keep making intelligence potions and consuming one every time you make one and your potions will become more and more powerful. Get your intelligence super high (like 2000 or something) and make 'Restore Health, Fortify Fatigue and Restore Fatigue' potions. Now you can jump super high and never die for quite some time. Once the potion runs out you have to take another one though or rest else you'll have no fatigue.

Thing was, this was something you could do quite early in the game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Lifts-Her-Tail: Certainly not, kind sir! I am here but to clean your
chambers.

Crantius Colto: Is that all you have come here for, little one? My chambers?

Lifts-Her-Tail: I have no idea what it is you imply, master. I am but a poor
Argonian maid.

Crantius Colto: So you are, my dumpling. And a good one at that. Such strong
legs and shapely tail.

Lifts-Her-Tail: You embarrass me, sir!

Crantius Colto: Fear not. You are safe here with me.

Lifts-Her-Tail: I must finish my cleaning, sir. The mistress will have my
head if I do not!

Crantius Colto: Cleaning, eh? I have something for you. Here, polish my
spear.

Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!

Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Tarkus posted:

Morrowind was particularly easy to break with alchemy. Simply keep making intelligence potions and consuming one every time you make one and your potions will become more and more powerful. Get your intelligence super high (like 2000 or something) and make 'Restore Health, Fortify Fatigue and Restore Fatigue' potions. Now you can jump super high and never die for quite some time. Once the potion runs out you have to take another one though or rest else you'll have no fatigue.

Thing was, this was something you could do quite early in the game.

thats how people speed run the game in like five minutes i think

your potions also scale in their selling price, so the potion you just described would be worth all the septims on the island

alchemy was a tad bit broken in morrowind

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Sheep-Goats posted:

Muthasfucken Black LAbel Society,, FIRE IT UP

I'm singing the guitar part

BWAAAHA BEWEKEKEK BWARRRR DARRR DWAOOOOO

I haven't heard this song since Guitar Hero.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
this thread convinced me to blow a hundo for a turbografx 16 + 5 games on ebay

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

chambers.

Argonian maid.

legs and shapely tail.

head if I do not!

spear.

game of the century

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I'm glad he made his perfect Morrowind character.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm gonna lay out a super Morrowind secret that, I think, is safe to say now that it's been long enuff.
I figured out how to become the head of two great houses at the same time! I know!! There is a bug where, if you start doing House Hlaalu quests for Crassius Curio right up to the point where you have to commit to the House, but then you go all the way to the top of another house, you can start the climb up Hlaalu again just by killing Banden Indarys, which would have been ur next mission (but you never committed to it!)

Doing this is like tricking God. The greatest possible acheivement. Bettr than perfect.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Hmmmmm maybe I should reinstall Morrowind

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think i did every single mission in morrowind. I used the editor to make it so i could even do mutually exclusive ones.

The most important thing is jumping everywhere

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I applaud this person for having the tenacity to stick with the vanilla game for so long.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Morrowind, the game, it's bad and it sucks.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
On one hand this is one sad fuckin' nerd. On the other hand I'm the idiot who keeps buying elder scrolls games then wondering why the gently caress I made that decision about 1 hour into playing. I'm not sure who's worse.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I just wish something else could capture that same sense of wonder and "holy poo poo there goes my life" i got as a kid the first time I played morrowind.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

must've taken him v long w all that pussy

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
one time i hung out with the weird new guy at work and i went over to his house to smoke a bowl and he just played skyrim on his like perfect maxed out character for like 30 minutes and talked about all the poo poo he had and how powerful he was

my feeble attempt at steering the situation away from disaster was to make a new character because duh who doesnt have a save file right outside the character creator in a bethesda game but i guess the multiple hundreds of hours he spent playing skyrim just went into one character and one save file

i think i left after that idk i was so bored it was surreal

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
meh, come back when you've got the perfect kensai-mage dual-class for baldur's gate instead op

then I'll be impressed

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'm gonna lay out a super Morrowind secret that, I think, is safe to say now that it's been long enuff.
I figured out how to become the head of two great houses at the same time! I know!! There is a bug where, if you start doing House Hlaalu quests for Crassius Curio right up to the point where you have to commit to the House, but then you go all the way to the top of another house, you can start the climb up Hlaalu again just by killing Banden Indarys, which would have been ur next mission (but you never committed to it!)

Doing this is like tricking God. The greatest possible acheivement. Bettr than perfect.

Yeah but you can only have 1 manor because that duke only has 1 land deed :argh:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

chambers.

Argonian maid.

legs and shapely tail.

head if I do not!

spear.

I had like 3? of the volumes in my bookshelf I liked bookshelves and display cases bc decorating manually was a pain

like I had the alchemy room arranged with pretty bottles and flowers and then my lovely game husbandu came in all :histdowns: and walked around on the tables knocking poo poo over who coded this why why

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

the only thing I remember from morrowind is that the crabs scared me and in every town I went thru I would steal all the cutlery and leave them as trail markers when I wandered

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:asoiaf:

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
A jihad on Cliff Racers.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

nigga crab pollock posted:

one time i hung out with the weird new guy at work and i went over to his house to smoke a bowl and he just played skyrim on his like perfect maxed out character for like 30 minutes and talked about all the poo poo he had and how powerful he was

my feeble attempt at steering the situation away from disaster was to make a new character because duh who doesnt have a save file right outside the character creator in a bethesda game but i guess the multiple hundreds of hours he spent playing skyrim just went into one character and one save file

i think i left after that idk i was so bored it was surreal

i had this exact same scenario every day for like 6 months with a guy I rented with. Its like drat dude throw trackmania on that poo poo no one gives a poo poo about your gay elf alter ego

Anyway: return of the morrowind thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jY66zHksLc

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Roylicious posted:

A jihad on Cliff Racers.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

the only thing I remember from morrowind is that the crabs scared me and in every town I went thru I would steal all the cutlery and leave them as trail markers when I wandered

lifelike

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How come there are no Cliffracers in Oblivion or Skyrim ?? Did they get all annihilated by the volcano eruption ??

When is Bethesda going to finally implement adaptive radiation into the game engine ? :argh:

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

whoflungpoop posted:

But the crab was the best merchant...

Decebal posted:

How come there are no Cliffracers in Oblivion or Skyrim ?? Did they get all annihilated by the volcano eruption ??

When is Bethesda going to finally implement adaptive radiation into the game engine ? :argh:

St. Jiub the Eradicator killed them all between Morrowind and Oblivion.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

whoflungpoop posted:

Finally someone is playing the game properly.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zahgaegun posted:

an online game

lol look at this scrub who doesn't even know what Morrowind is!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Just hanging out at the House of Earthly Delights in Suran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

• Locked thread