Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Tias posted:

Hey you guys. I'm probably going to dust off my Khador mans and get back in on the wrecked steel game :whatup:

Anything I should know about the new Mk?

Remember how you used to not be able to hit anything?

They fixed that. Juggernaut is MAT 7 and 12 points.

Zerkova 1 can now shoot things and turn them into Arc Nodes when they get boxed.

It is a good time to be Steampunk Russia.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Couple fluff corrections:

1) As of MK3 Leto is no longer king of Cygnar, he abdicated in favor of Vinter's son, Julius.
2) The Iosan gods didn't die when the bridge exploded. They were all alive, and led their people to the west out of the wasteland. After the elves settled down in Ios, all of the gods left to go try and find a way back to their own realm because them being on Caen was loving things up. All but 2 of them died in their wanderings, coincidently at the same time that Tharmar gifted humans the ability to use magic.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's baffling that they actually wrote knocked down to include the Never Engage/Engaged language.

They could fix both problems by making your Knocked Down condition only active on your turn. So a KD model can't Engage, but could be Engaged.

Instead, they're knee-jerk removing Engaged from charges and leaving the other stuff to hang.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Is that for real? I thought 14 grundback blasters was a lot, can you actually take that many bull snappers? (And targ)?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
No problem: http://conflictchamber.com/#bb1b5E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3Ed2

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

S.J. posted:

Especially since, for whatever reason, critical effects aren't optional anymore. Which really sucks for heavies with crit slam and stuff like that.
Huh, really? I can't think of a single crit effect that was optional in Mk2 and isn't anymore. Crit Pitch still lets you choose. At least that's what the leaked cards say. Is this War Room being terrible again?

I really need to go buy the new cards already. :v:

Tias posted:

Hey you guys. I'm probably going to dust off my Khador mans and get back in on the wrecked steel game :whatup:

Shocktroopers are good/okay now.

And now I know how Conflict Chamber generates URLs.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Strakhov can move a 'Jack 23" on his feat turn.

4" base speed
+2" from Superiority
+4" from feat
= 10" full advance

'Jack advances 10" from Overrun. 'Jack then charges 13".

25" threat on a jack with reach, half of which is non-linear.

hmm yes this is fine

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pyronic posted:

Well since there's a new thread i'll ask again here: I'm having trouble deciding between Circle and Cygnar for my first foray into Warmahordes.

I like the looks of the Circle Wolds and Reeves, but getting their battlegroup wont help with that at all. Cygnar seem to be the closest to the ideal I wanted with shooty warjacks, but again the Battlegroup is questionable progress towards that goal.

Lemme hear some goon opinions on these two armies, i'm curious.

I play both (along with Protectorate) and right now, I'd steer people more towards Cygnar over Circle. There's nothing wrong with Circle per se, but the MKIII transition has been uneven for them and changed a lot of model rules to the point where it's unclear what PP wants their role to be. In MKII they had tons of movement-based shenanigans, much of which has been toned down or eliminated, and several of the heavy warbeasts, the Satyrs, which weren't widely taken in MKII were toned down for reasons that aren't really clear and make them harder to justify. The Wolds are ok, and are great models, but outside of one or two warlocks are a bit more limited in their application.

On the other hand, Cygnar has been bolstered by the transition to MKIII, with rules that have improved most of their infantry and many of the 'jacks. They have a really clear faction identity that's backed by the rules and have a lot of viable options for list building/toy buying depending on what direction you want to go. Circle is perfectly playable but Cygnar is in a much better place right now, on the day after official release.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Geisladisk posted:

Strakhov can move a 'Jack 23" on his feat turn.

4" base speed
+2" from Superiority
+4" from feat
= 10" full advance

'Jack advances 10" from Overrun. 'Jack then charges 13".

25" threat on a jack with reach, half of which is non-linear.

hmm yes this is fine

Dear god. Was it always like this? +4" is only applicable during normal movement and only as part of a charge/slam, as always. thought maybe the wording had changed to allow that but nope.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 30, 2016

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

http://conflictchamber.com/#bb1bdAfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzd26_

:colbert:

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

The minions card deck only has 2 razor boar cards. Seriously guys?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So like, a Kraken in a Venethrax list seems really funny to me. Any ideas of a good way to make this happen?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Re: charge changes thread - Forum response highlight (regarding satyxis Crit kd and gang) "is this a joke?

Personally, gonna agree with the salt. It's a really really dumb interaction.

I'm a dumb idiot who doesn't read day old posts

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 30, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I searched long and hard for this and was hoping I could get in on the first page.

I still can't find the forum meltdown posts since the old forums were nuked, but here was the official PP response to people losing their poo poo over torturing the Skorne agonizer ( a baby titan), and why you should play skorne even if we are nerfed.

quote:

Originally Posted by PPS Doug
I'm glad to see people are feeling a visceral and emotional reaction to the Agonizer. It is an effective piece, and if it makes you feel sad to look upon it, congratulations in being human and having empathy. The skorne are not human, and I think nothing better represents the inherently alien aspects of their culture than this particular "weapon". For those interested in learning more about the skorne, I hope you'll take the opportunity to pick up the Monsternomicon 2, which includes a sizable piece of material on their empire, history, and philosophies. (If you picked up the IKWG to learn more about the world, then this will serve a similar function to you.) I think we succeeded in making the skorne an interesting, rich, and dynamic culture which has its own internal logic, consistency, and a certain resonance. I also think that while they are inhuman, there are human cruelties to equal anything they have done.

I can't speak for Matt Wilson, if he wants to post on the topic I'm sure he will. But I will say I think there was a general feeling among a number of the designers that we hadn't entirely conveyed on an emotional level the darkness of the skorne. Evolution expands each of the factions and shines light into various aspects of each, and in some cases that light shines on an uncomfortable place. This is intentional. This is not done for pure shock value or to cause controversy, but is a more detailed exploration of the subject matter. If this is the model that finally conveys to many people the real brutality and darkness of skorne civilization, than I'd say the model is a success. You should indeed want to destroy your skorne opponent all the more in the game.

Imagine the feelings of those watching the advance of these invaders, seeing their loved ones chained and enslaved to be dragged off across the Bloodstone Marches. Imagine the resolution the soldiers feel as they face this enemy knowing full well the consequences of their failure. All of the men and women defending Cygnar's eastern border fortresses, all of the trollkin who have had to give ground before the skorne advance, each of them can visualize the horror of what life might be like if they fail and the skorne succeed. They can visualize what their lands would be like under the lash of these inhuman tyrants from across the impossible wastes of the east, and it is a horror they will give their lives to prevent. In our miniature games we enjoy humor and levity but we also know that war can be hell and we attempt to present conflicts where there are serious consequences to the battles at hand. It is a fictional setting, but one into which we have invested considerable time and energy. In the context of the setting, in the clashes between these factions, there are sometimes very high stakes at hand. In some cases these battles are not just squabbles over territory, in some cases we are facing clashes of incompatible philosophies, of the possible extinction of species or religions, threats to the immortal soul, or battles where the participants are fighting tooth and nail for the right merely to exist. If this provokes thought and emotion, all the better.

Each clash between different factions has a different gravitas. It is significant in Superiority that Khador and Cygnar, bitter rivals and hated foes as they may be, have occasionally put aside their differences to deal with Cryx. In HORDES one can see why even though the Trollbloods and the Circle are engaged in bloody retributive clashes over certain betrayals, their conflicts pale in comparison with the desperate war for survival forced on the trollkin when the skorne first crashed against them. Evolution should hopefully bring new perspective to these wars between the HORDES factions. Some elements may disturb you, and that is as it should be. If the thought of Tharn cannibalism bothers you, that's probably a good thing. If the Agonizer spurs an instinctive response that you want to put the poor thing out of its misery and wipe your adversary's paingivers off the table in retaliation, excellent. I feel my own sense of outrage and tremendous loss over what has happened to the entire Nyss culture at the hands of Everblight, and find it feels particularly satisfying when I defeat them in a game.

There are shades of gray in every faction and moments of sympathy even with the "bad guys". The Agonizer is not one of them. You may feel sympathy for Makeda, for example, and recognize in her a certain admirable nobility of character. Yet it is important to understand that she does not arise from a culture you would recognize or sympathize with. She has sworn her loyalty to one of the darkest villains of the modern age. Her people have taken a number of dubious paths, and one of those has given rise to weapons derived from the enslavement and torment of otherwise peaceful and surprisingly intelligent herbivores. There are skorne who have admirable qualities, but ultimately they are a cruel and pragmatic people whose morality is alien to most humans of western Immoren. Yet at the same time we also know within our setting that humans are capable of their own darkness, their own incalculable cruelties and evil. Fortunately there are also those who are willing to fight against such things and who can find a spark of nobility even amid the darkness. There can't be proper heroism without the opportunity to oppose villainy. Pick a faction, have fun playing either a hero or a villain or something in between. Assemble and paint the models you like and throw yourself into the middle of the battle.

Which then led to the infamous happy titan picture post.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-6/04/2010-matt-dipietro

Agonizer-Gate 6 - 30 - 2007. Never forget. :911:

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So can collossals and gargantuans move outside of their normal movement now? I keep hearing things that suggest this, but I'm not sure where to find the rules.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

counterspin posted:

So can collossals and gargantuans move outside of their normal movement now? I keep hearing things that suggest this, but I'm not sure where to find the rules.

Only the Archangel who has a special rule to allow it, I believe.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

head58 posted:

Only the Archangel who has a special rule to allow it, I believe.

This is correct.

You can still punch and shoot out of activation via spells like Watcher or Sentry but can't move.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

waah posted:

Which then led to the infamous happy titan picture post.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-6/04/2010-matt-dipietro

Agonizer-Gate 6 - 30 - 2007. Never forget. :911:

Ha! I didn't know he painted Rasheth eating eyeballs. I wish I would have seen this before I started painting mine.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren: meeplemart (canada) has all the new poo poo in stock :siren:
40 canabux for bboxes and 20 for cards. 10 bux shipping anywhere in country. Is good deal.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Khisanth Magus posted:

Couple fluff corrections:

1) As of MK3 Leto is no longer king of Cygnar, he abdicated in favor of Vinter's son, Julius.
2) The Iosan gods didn't die when the bridge exploded. They were all alive, and led their people to the west out of the wasteland. After the elves settled down in Ios, all of the gods left to go try and find a way back to their own realm because them being on Caen was loving things up. All but 2 of them died in their wanderings, coincidently at the same time that Tharmar gifted humans the ability to use magic.

I have read literally zero Mk3 fluff yet so thanks

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Wizard Styles posted:

Huh, really? I can't think of a single crit effect that was optional in Mk2 and isn't anymore. Crit Pitch still lets you choose. At least that's what the leaked cards say. Is this War Room being terrible again?

The ability to optionally trigger critials in Mk2 was because the rulebook specifically said you could choose not to use criticals when you rolled them. There's no such line in the rulebook now. Some of the critical effects in the game say 'can' now, so you don't have to, but critical knockdown on Satyxis Raiders, for instance, doesn't have that kind of wording. So if they crit they lose their gang bonus and there's nothing you can do about it.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Tias posted:

There are new rules.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

SERPUS posted:

There are new rules.

Some of them are stupid.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

gannyGrabber posted:

:siren: meeplemart (canada) has all the new poo poo in stock :siren:
40 canabux for bboxes and 20 for cards. 10 bux shipping anywhere in country. Is good deal.

Weren't they the ones who started the OMG OUT OF STOCK panic?

The statement PP made made it sound like, Hey, we sold out but we'll have another run out to distributors in July and August. Meeplemart post the OMG LESS THAN 5% OF ORDERS CAN BE FILLED!

It doesn't really sound like it's terribly hard to get your hands on the new stuff. Maybe not as convenient but whatever.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Meeplemart's posts have been both hilarious as well as extremely unprofessional and it makes me laugh pretty hard

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Canadians are a flighty, gooselike people

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

PaintVagrant posted:

gently caress, is it too late to change the thread title?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rantmo posted:

gently caress, is it too late to change the thread title?

SON OF A BITCH

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

As a Canadian I find this post highly offensive, but I won't actually do anything about it, just mumble quietly to myself and get real passive aggressive.

Sorry for bringing it up.

But yah that would be a kickin rad thread title.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 30, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

GoodBee posted:

Weren't they the ones who started the OMG OUT OF STOCK panic?

The statement PP made made it sound like, Hey, we sold out but we'll have another run out to distributors in July and August. Meeplemart post the OMG LESS THAN 5% OF ORDERS CAN BE FILLED!

It doesn't really sound like it's terribly hard to get your hands on the new stuff. Maybe not as convenient but whatever.

Eh, all the local stores sold out on pre-orders so I was pretty excited to get that meeplemart e-mail.

Also they sell things for the US MSRP instead of doing $ conversions which is really nice, since buying a bbox in a local store would prolly cost 60ish bux.

PaintVagrant posted:

Haha true, we're also very ornery regardless of what stereotypes say, much like geese. Those fuckers have teeth and love to use them.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaintVagrant posted:

Hey, geese are mean as hell and will kick your rear end if they feel threatened.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Some fuckin geese made a nest at the cross walk in my work parking lot. Pretty sweet being attacked by a making GBS threads ragedad goose every morning walking to the building.

That's also a Canada metaphor in some way probably

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm Canadian and those geese are nothing like us. When we're rear end in a top hat we're passive aggressive.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The flank/gang/gang fighter interaction is dumb as hell and I hope they just straightup change the rules to bring it back without breaking anything else in the process.

Gonna start putting together my Legion BB today :toot:

EDIT: According to one of my friends, various podcasts are discussing a new round of leaks, from the next expansion books. I can't listen to podcasts, so anyone else heard about this thing?

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 30, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Pyrolocutus posted:

The flank/gang/gang ...

I started reading this post thinking we were still talking about geese.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

"Pyrolocutus" posted:

without breaking anything else in the process.

:allears:

Also some upcoming stuff is in war room fwiw.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saalkin posted:

I'm Canadian and those geese are nothing like us. When we're rear end in a top hat we're passive aggressive.

Maybe YOU'RE passive aggressive...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

:allears:

Also some upcoming stuff is in war room fwiw.

The only stuff I know of in war room is the models added in Prime/Primal. Are there others now?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pyrolocutus posted:

EDIT: According to one of my friends, various podcasts are discussing a new round of leaks, from the next expansion books. I can't listen to podcasts, so anyone else heard about this thing?

I haven't heard anything, but I might not be listening to the right podcasts. Which ones are mentioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Pyrolocutus posted:

The flank/gang/gang fighter interaction is dumb as hell and I hope they just straightup change the rules to bring it back without breaking anything else in the process.

Not being a drama queen, but the gang/flank ruling is kind of the final straw for me, given that Vyros1 is one of my top three casters. I'm going to put warmachine on the shelf for 6 months while this public playtest runs.

Guild ball is too compelling and the thing that I loved about warmachine, tight rules, has been significantly diminished.