Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Alpha Phoenix posted:

:allears:

Also some upcoming stuff is in war room fwiw.

This isn't stuff like the Arcane Tempest Riflemen or the Skorne Dakar, that particular wave of stuff is supposed to be in Prime/Primal, right? (Not getting my mitts on books until Saturday). No, this is supposed to be stuff from the next round of books past Prime/Primal.

rkajdi posted:

I haven't heard anything, but I might not be listening to the right podcasts. Which ones are mentioned?

"P+S" podcast from Muse on Minis feed? This is all secondhand from my friend who listened to it, I'm hard of hearing so podcasts are straight out the window for me.

He says that a Slovakian copy leaked or something, and that the podcast mentioned 5 all-new abilities:

-Immunity to magic damage (so not total spell immunity, or enemy spell immunity, just magic damage)
-Crack Shot: Ranged attack can't be Shield Guarded
-Iron Fist: Special ability/attack/something where the attack hits automatically but does no damage, but inflicts -4 DEF until end of turn
-Sap Will: Enemy living model within range of (model) gets -2 CMD until end of turn, on a FA:3 model
-Arcane Interference: Prevents Power Field regeneration? Or something? On an elf, could be Nyss/Ret/both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I remember when Warmachine was the game people switched to after they Jesus flipped the table and left 40k. Now it's all grown up and Guidball is the reactionary nerd dollies game of choice. :allears:

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Fyrbrand posted:

I remember when Warmachine was the game people switched to after they Jesus flipped the table and left 40k. Now it's all grown up and Guidball is the reactionary nerd dollies game of choice. :allears:

I've given them a good bit of time to prove they know what they are doing and care enough to produce a quality product. They've failed to convince me.

I'm not flipping the table, but I'm also not cool getting jerked around from week to week as they errata their sloppy work. I'll give them more time to sort their poo poo out before I sell my poo poo.

In the meantime, other distractions exist.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

The only stuff I know of in war room is the models added in Prime/Primal. Are there others now?

Just updated my War Room, and the only stuff that's been added are all the new units from the MKIII books. Are there specific things I'm missing?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

GEMorris posted:

I've given them a good bit of time to prove they know what they are doing and care enough to produce a quality product. They've failed to convince me.

I'm not flipping the table, but I'm also not cool getting jerked around from week to week as they errata their sloppy work. I'll give them more time to sort their poo poo out before I sell my poo poo.

In the meantime, other distractions exist.

I feel the same way. Considering selling off half my factions just to make room for other hobbies, but I'll definitely keep around Ret and CoC to see how things shake up in the coming months.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fyrbrand posted:

You can take the man-baby out of 40k (and into Warmachine), but you can never take the 40k out of the man-baby.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Fyrbrand posted:

I want to play both.

Hell, with a boring enough weekend and enough beer I'd probably play 40K again.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

"P+S" podcast from Muse on Minis feed? This is all secondhand from my friend who listened to it, I'm hard of hearing so podcasts are straight out the window for me.

He says that a Slovakian copy leaked or something, and that the podcast mentioned 5 all-new abilities:

-Immunity to magic damage (so not total spell immunity, or enemy spell immunity, just magic damage)
-Crack Shot: Ranged attack can't be Shield Guarded
-Iron Fist: Special ability/attack/something where the attack hits automatically but does no damage, but inflicts -4 DEF until end of turn
-Sap Will: Enemy living model within range of (model) gets -2 CMD until end of turn, on a FA:3 model
-Arcane Interference: Prevents Power Field regeneration? Or something? On an elf, could be Nyss/Ret/both.

I just listened to their most recent episode that came out today and they didn't talk about any of that stuff. You need to kick your friend in the junk.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I hate that I don't feel like you're being needlessly reactionary over the flank thing, because that's the first really significant 'what the gently caress' I've seen out of PP for a while. I wouldn't expect that ruling to last, but that doesn't make it okay.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tonight I'm going to assemble the Stormblade Infantry command attachment and the standard looks like it's going to be prone to detaching from the pole. Is that the case or am I worrying over nothing? Also, the pole is going to bend all the loving time isn't it?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
The flank ruling isn't as dumb as mk2 incorporeal rulings were yet!

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

rantmo posted:

Tonight I'm going to assemble the Stormblade Infantry command attachment and the standard looks like it's going to be prone to detaching from the pole. Is that the case or am I worrying over nothing? Also, the pole is going to bend all the loving time isn't it?

Mine wasn't too bad, and hasn't broken. But be prepared to have the model fall over from a slight breeze at any moment. I put some washers in the base and it still falls over every game.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The flank thing is dumb, but I don't see it as too detrimental to Vryos1s feat to be ragequitting over it. So far I've mainly used the feat for armor cracking, and with the +2 MAT from flank my warjacks don't need to worry about missing anyways against what I am going after on that turn. I guess if I'm trying to use it to kill a camped butcher I may want to knock him down first? I guess it could also be useful against menoth for enlivened jacks, but taking 2 4 dice damage rolls(charge and flank and then free strike and flank) is going to gently caress them up anyways.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

rantmo posted:

My storm blade standard bearer has never fallen apart or bent on me.

However, it will fall the gently caress over all the time for being a top heavy as poo poo model.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Awesome on the attaching, boo on the tipping over. I'm having that problem with Kromac's beast form actually because I set it off-center on his base. Filling the back half with greenstuff, it turns out, doesn't offset the weight at all. I'll have to get strategical with setting the standard bearer on the base.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rantmo posted:

Awesome on the attaching, boo on the tipping over. I'm having that problem with Kromac's beast form actually because I set it off-center on his base. Filling the back half with greenstuff, it turns out, doesn't offset the weight at all. I'll have to get strategical with setting the standard bearer on the base.

You really need some type of weight to offset to heavy models. Fishing weights are good, and if you get the really small ones you should be able to fill the underside of the base.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Khisanth Magus posted:

You really need some type of weight to offset to heavy models. Fishing weights are good, and if you get the really small ones you should be able to fill the underside of the base.

Yeah, it was an attempt using only what I had to hand which was nothing. At some point I'll figure out a better weighting system for it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Get washers at the hardware store to glue to the bottom, and weights to glue to the top before you do your base if they still won't stay stand up. Hide them in cork, under snow, that sort of thing.

My stupid Nephilim Bloodseer kept falling over until I put in enough counterweight to double how much the whole thing weighs. Bleh.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I just glued bits of pewter sprue into the base. Works ok. I did have the sword fall off, though. Not hard to pin back on, at least.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

head58 posted:

I just listened to their most recent episode that came out today and they didn't talk about any of that stuff. You need to kick your friend in the junk.

I just followed up with him and he said it was the one from last week, the one also talking about the new CoC colossal?

I honestly don't think he's loving with me or the type to be inaccurate, but if you wanna double-check?

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

rantmo posted:

I always keep any metal flash or bits trimmed off models for just such an occasion. I'm hoping PP makes more kits with the sprues attached cause they are so handy for making things out of. The other thing you can do if you haven't really based it yet is position him so he's as straight up and down as you can and as far back on the base as possible.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
A lot of the comments being posted in here aren't even making sense. Have you people actually been playing the game or just read inflammatory blogs and forums? The transition has been really smooth for my local meta of about 16 regulars. There were no big surprises anywhere. We've just kept on playing this whole time.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

SERPUS posted:

A lot of the comments being posted in here aren't even making sense. Have you people actually been playing the game or just read inflammatory blogs and forums? The transition has been really smooth for my local meta of about 16 regulars. There were no big surprises anywhere. We've just kept on playing this whole time.

I've played 5 games. The new version will take some getting used to but what really gets my dander up is some of this stuff that's come up screams 'they lied about 3 years playtesting and this is something of a rush job' which is annoying when I've just bought cards yesterday and some of them already need replacing.

I'm not ready to quit or something silly like that, but I'm not very stoked with what they've put out, so far.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SERPUS posted:

I'm very glad your group has migrated so well, but I wouldnt call legitimate concern over some poor rules choices inflammatory. This whole idea of regularly planned errata releases is against the grain of how table top games normally operate and being worried that the wrong rulings get made or the wrong vestigial traditions carry over is completely normal. I hope that makes some sense to you, despite you and your group's good fortune.

PP is being held under the microscope right now because this transition period is going to be a bellwether for all of mk 3.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SERPUS posted:

I don't think anyone here is being particularly vitriolic, just disappointed in the obvious mistakes that got pushed through into print. Especially given PP's track record. Which is fine - I'm not going to stop playing the game because it needs some errata (which was going to happen regardless) and honestly nothing rules wise I've seen is nearly as oppressive as Gaspy2 was when Mk2 launched in my eyes.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

My sole specific bitch about Mk3 is Hex Hunters. They were great in my Mk2 Lylyth list with feat turn featuring a shitbarrage of charges and magic bolts with rolling 3d6 to hit, but they lost 1 DEF, 1 SPD, and stealth changed to Prowl, and I feel like in the current gunline it makes Banshees the superior choice for fast engagers/single-wound screen hosers. 14/12 singlewounders with conditional stealth just don't hold a candle to 15/13 (Force Barrier) that get stealth much easier (Assassins).

I'd really like Hex Hunters to get stealth back, I wouldn't find that overwhelming. They're still vulnerable to blast but they're much better in melee than Banshees by virtue of their attack rating and melee defense.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm not sure it's possible to be more oppressive than Gaspy2 other than turning loose the former emperor of Cygnar as a statted model.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

fnordcircle posted:

I've played 5 games. The new version will take some getting used to but what really gets my dander up is some of this stuff that's come up screams 'they lied about 3 years playtesting and this is something of a rush job' which is annoying when I've just bought cards yesterday and some of them already need replacing.

I'm not ready to quit or something silly like that, but I'm not very stoked with what they've put out, so far.

To be fair, they said it's been in development for 3 years not that it's been playtested for 3. It's very likely the final rules weren't set in stone until a few months before launch.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gearhead posted:

I'm not sure it's possible to be more oppressive than Gaspy2 other than turning loose the former emperor of Cygnar as a statted model.

Exactly. And the game ended up being fine. But it was still bullshit.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

S.J. posted:

Yep.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
WIP Hand of Judgment and the new Avatar. HoJ has magnetized banners, old avatar sculpt for scale.

Very happy with the quality of these new models.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

S.J. posted:

I think that there is room to be annoyed by dumb stuff and still have a 'fine' game. They are definitely opening themselves up to more scrutiny by promising shorter ruling cycles if they dont deal with the bullshit though.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

jubelio posted:

I think that there is room to be annoyed by dumb stuff and still have a 'fine' game. They are definitely opening themselves up to more scrutiny by promising shorter ruling cycles if they dont deal with the bullshit though.

They aren't actually promising shorter cycles though. We've had a summerish and winterish errata cycle for a few years now, with short interruptions when something needed fixing quick.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Gearhead posted:

Given that Vinter is dead as a doornail I do not think there is much need to worry about that happening!

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Kithkar posted:

They aren't actually promising shorter cycles though. We've had a summerish and winterish errata cycle for a few years now, with short interruptions when something needed fixing quick.

oh, my bad then. I thought that was part of the mk 3 boilerplate.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Given that Vinter is dead as a doornail I do not think there is much need to worry about that happening!

wat

jubelio posted:

That's my point though. I mean, I assume we're agreeing here.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

e: derp

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pyrolocutus posted:

I just followed up with him and he said it was the one from last week, the one also talking about the new CoC colossal?

I honestly don't think he's loving with me or the type to be inaccurate, but if you wanna double-check?

I listened to it, and he's not screwing with you. That's also the sum total of the leaks, and I'm uncertain that this is even actually a real leak.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Nighttheii posted:

WIP Hand of Judgment and the new Avatar. HoJ has magnetized banners, old avatar sculpt for scale.

Very happy with the quality of these new models.

Welp gotta go get one of those new fangled avatars. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Blood of Kings spoilers I've already kind of spoiled book is about vinter returning and culminates with a vinter + rebels + feora vs Cygnar army with king Leto, Stryker, siege, kraye and Caine + mercs following Magnus and vinters son. Magnus knows how to destroy the armor that makes vinter essentially immortal. Long story short, vinter dies, Leto gives up the throne, and Caine leaves Cygnar because he seriously pissed off cygnar head spymaster/assassin