Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

fnordcircle posted:

Yeah lore dump everything. I need some sort of summary of the IK lore like a goon did for GW End times.

Would anyone be interested in a general sum up of everything that happened in the later part of MK2? I am very much a lore nerd for any game I play, and I rather enjoy the story in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Re: Magnus lore dump

My loyalist warlord is ready.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Just realized Maddox is a Storm Knight :stare:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Mr.Booger posted:

so new edition, cards printed some time ago and errata already happening, is the minion deck safe to buy, or does it have alot of ones that might change?

There hasn't been any mention of packaging decks with any future V2 cards. It sounds like the V2+ update cards will be in a pack of their own.

I guess eventually V2 cards will make it into reprints of decks but no idea how that will be implemented.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Khisanth Magus posted:

Would anyone be interested in a general sum up of everything that happened in the later part of MK2? I am very much a lore nerd for any game I play, and I rather enjoy the story in this one.

Yeah, that'd be cool. I actually do like the know the fluff in my tiny wardollies games.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

GoodBee posted:

There hasn't been any mention of packaging decks with any future V2 cards. It sounds like the V2+ update cards will be in a pack of their own.

I guess eventually V2 cards will make it into reprints of decks but no idea how that will be implemented.

They've said they will be releasing annual "update packs" containing all the cards that were changed during the course of the year. I doubt they'll put the v2 cards into the faction decks. The plan seems to be buy the faction deck and the most recent year's update pack.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Alright, after a lot of dojoing, chatting to other local players, and digging through second hand stuff/eBay I think I've finally nailed down my first Cygnar list.

Cygnar - Maddox

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Major Beth Maddox - WJ: +30
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Dynamo - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)

Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8

Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2

I feel like this has game against virtually anything. The quantity of electro leaps will massacre low arm infantry blobs, the armor cracking in the list is potent as gently caress, everything is relatively hard to clear(lowest ARM in the list besides maddox, the fireflies, and the journeyman will be 18 on the stormblades), and it even has some goofy gimmick assassination potential with Sniped Dynamo. The only lists I feel like it will struggle with are purification casters or serious DEF skews.

The two questions I have are if there are there any gaping holes in this list that I'm just not seeing and who the hell to pair with this(thinking a Kraye melee jack brick or Haley 2 generalist list).

Kanos fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 1, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

:justpost:

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I want to hear about how Trolls are actually the only non evil people in the universe.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Serenade posted:

I want to hear about how Trolls are actually the only non evil people in the universe.

Except for that one time a mountain king cracked open a train car like a can of soup and ate everyone inside while Doomshaper watched and thought this was perfectly acceptable behavior.

Edit - posting from my phone means all the things get misspelled.

TheInvisiblePooka fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 1, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Except for that one time a mountain jig cracked open a train car like a can of soup and ate everyone inside while Doomsaper watched and thought this was perfectly acceptable behavior.

Haha owned

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah, that'd be cool. I actually do like the know the fluff in my tiny wardollies games.

A lot of stuff was going on in different parts of the world simultaneously, but I will do my best. This is going to have spoilers from the expansion books in MK2 as well as the Wrath of the Dragonfather and Blood of Kings books. If you don't want spoiled, don't read this post.

First, some background from a long long time ago about dragons. Toruk, the Dragonfather, was perhaps the first living being on Caen, although for a long time he didn't have the dragon body he wears today, just was a living stone called an Athanc. After her formed his dragon body he got bored and lonely, and so decided to make some children. He took his Athanc and cut it in half, and then took one half and further divided it. From each shard he made a dragon formed. However, they were too much like Toruk himself to accept the domination of someone else, so they rebelled against their father. A whole bunch of them were killed and their Athancs rejoined with Toruk's, and the rest went into hiding, terrified of being found. Eventually the greatest of the children, known only has the Champion, decided to prove to his brothers that Toruk could be harmed. He engaged the Dragonfather in combat and succeeded in hurting him, although his body was destroyed in the process. Realizing that in his wounded state the rest of his children could probably defeat him, Toruk immediately fled without recapturing the Champion's Athanc. It was instead taken by the immortal being called the Old Witch. Using a combination of dwarven engineering and magic she created a containment device for the athanc so that the champion would be unable to reform its body, and sealed it away.

Fast forward to MK2. At this point in time Cryx was thoroughly embedded in the swampy area in the middle of the continent called the Thornwood. They discovered the location of the Champion athanc and Toruk sent several of the Lich Lords to retrieve it. They got the athanc and took to some underground tunnels to get it back to their territory, but it was immediately sniffed out by Everblight, who sent his own forces to destroy the Cryxians transporting it and retrieve the athanc. The blackclads in the Circle of Orboros, led by Baldur, used a powerful ritual to collapse the tunnels the Cryxians were using, both forcing them to the surface and cutting off Everblight's forces from reaching them for the time being.

While all this has been going on, Khador has been on a big military offensive against Llael and the bordering Cygnarian holdings. They laid seige to the Cygnarian city/fortress of Point Bourne, and seemed on the verge of conquering it when a Cryx army suddenly showed up. They immediately engaged both the Khador and Cygnar forces, beating back both and causing horrible casualties, who were immediately raised into the Cryx armies. All of this was done because the athanc needed to pass through Point Bourne. Cryx successfully got the athanc through that area, although they were hounded by Everblight's forces as well as some Circle forces the whole time. Shortly after, Cryx loaded the athanc onto a ship that Skarre had brought for the purpose of transporting it. The ship was almost immediately attacked by Cygnar forces, who defeated the Cryx forces and took control of the ship and the athanc, although they had absolutely no idea what the machine on the ship was actually containing.

After the attack on Point Bourne, both Cygnar and Khador had had enough of Cryx on the mainland and made an alliance with the goal of expelling all Cryx forces from the Thornwood. A huge army attacked the Cryx fortress, including the first of the new Collosal warjacks that Khador and Cygnar had produced. Things seemed to be going well, they were beating back the Cryx forces, when Asphyxious revealed that he had anticipated their coming and had planned for it. He had created Collosals of his own, and had stored up enough souls in the fortress that he essentially had infinite magical reserves, both to fuel himself and the new Cryxian Krakens. The allied forces were soundly defeated and driven back. This defeat seemingly strengthened the alliance between Cygnar and Khador.

While all of this was going on, Krueger, one of the Blackclad druids of the Circle of Orboros, had attacked Old Witch, and when was soundly defeated by her when he got overconfident. She did not kill him, but instead told him about a secret location that held a huge amount of knowledge on dragons, including the Champion Athanc, what is going on with Everblight, what dragons exist, and pretty much anything else. Krueger went to this location and studied everything there. From what he learned there he determined that Everblight was a much larger threat than the Circle had ever imagined. When the Circle refused to take him seriously, he went rogue and instead went to the one other group that would want Everblight found and destroyed: the other dragons. He allied himself with Blighterghast, the strongest of the remaining dragons. Together they came up with a ritual that would allow them to locate every athanc shard of Everblight, which were all in the bodies of his warlocks. At Krueger's insistence they found the other dragons and formed a new Dragon Alliance with the goal of destroying Everblight. They performed the ritual, and the Dragon Alliance members started to attack Everblight's warlocks, intending to kill them all and take the athanc shards for themselves.

There was one small problem, however, and at the same time this happened the containment field around the Champion athanc began to fail, which meant the athanc locating ritual found it as well as Everblight's shards. Deciding that this was a much bigger deal than getting the shard's of Everblight's athanc, the Dragon Alliance immediately ceased pursuing Everblight's warlocks and chased the Champion Athanc. Fearing that the Dragon Alliance might get the Champion athanc instead of him, Toruk left the Cryxian isles for the first time in a great long time, heading to where Cygnar was transporting the athanc. At this point the athanc was being transported by Haley and Constance Blaize. One of the dragons in the Alliance reached the athanc first, and immediately started destroying the town it was in and fighting against the Cygnar forces. This was cut short when Toruk himself showed up and attacked his child, immediately overpowering him and reclaiming his athanc. Immediately after this the rest of the Dragon Alliance showed up and started to fight Toruk, although it quickly become apparent that they couldn't win. Blighterghast was mortally wounded and knocked from the sky while the other dragons fruitlessly continued to fight, slightly wounding Toruk but obviously losing. At this point Haley discovered that the Champion was attempting to talk to her through the athanc. She communicated with the Champion, who told Haley that if Toruk won here that it would mean eternal darkness for the entire world, as Cryx would overrun everything. The only hope was for Blighterghast to join the Champion athanc with his own, which would hopefully make him powerful enough to defeat Toruk. Haley took the athanc and started towards where Blighterghast had fallen. She was set upon by Rhyas and Saeryn, 2 of Everblight's warlocks. Haley and Constance were able to defeat the 2 warlocks, but instead of killing them asked for their help in getting the athanc to Blighterghast, telling them that if Toruk won he would consume Everblight after he finished with the other dragons. Going against Everblight's express orders, something she could only do by completely cutting off Everblight's control over her, Saeryn agreed, and got Rhyas to agree. The 2 warlocks and 2 warcasters fought past all the dragonspawn being unintentionally created out of the spilt blood of the dragons fighting overhead. When they reached Blighterghast, both sides extracted concessions from him: The Dragon Alliance would never attack Cygnar, and they would immediately cease their attempt to destroy Everblight. Reluctantly he agreed. After consuming the Champion athanc, Blighterghast was fully healed and way more powerful than before. He directly engaged Toruk, who had only received minor wounds, and immediately caused horrible injuries to the Dragonfather, who immediately fled in fear of his immortal life. As per the agreement, the Dragons left without harming anyone else in Cygnar or the Everblight warlocks.

In parallel to all of this stuff happening, the Cygnarian warcaster Caine had been sent on a mission from the spymaster of Cygnar: there were rumors that Vinter had a bastard son, Caine was supposed to find him and kill him. It was eventually discovered that the mercenary Magnus, who had formerly been a general of Cygnar under Vinter and had been a long time ally of Vinter, had taken Vinter's bastard Julius. Vinter had betrayed Magnus and had him tortured by Vinter's allies in the Skorne Empire. Magnus wanted to raise Julius to kill both Vinter and Leto and take the throne. Things finally started coming to a head at this point in time, with Magnus having created a huge mercenary army, including a very large number of steelheads, McBain, and several Galleon collosals. Magnus had decided it was time to make his move and try to start making allies among the Cygnarian nobles to support Julius as king. Caine made two attempts on Julius's life, but found that his heart wasn't really in it.

While this was happening, the reinforced and much larger and better equipped Cygnar and Khador forces were engaging in another offensive against the Cryx stronghold in the Thornwood. This time they succeeded and drove the Cryx forces back. However, as soon as this victory was accomplished, Khador immediately turned on their former allies, who had been hoping that the alliance against Cryx could have become something more, and so were caught completely by surprise. King Leto of Cygnar was up north with the army when this happened, and out of fear for the king a small force consisting of Stryker, a small number of his storm bridgade, and a small part of the regular Cygnar forces immediately retreated, joined by Caine and a severely wounded Seige. On their way back to the interior of Cygnar where the king would be more safe, they ran into a battle in one of Cygnar's major fortresses: Khadorans, led by Vlad, had taken the fortress, but were under attack by a force under the command of Vinter, overthrown king of Cygnar and Leto's brother. Caine stayed behind to observe the battle while Leto's guard moved on. Vlad and Vinter met in one on one combat in an epic fight. Drago, Vlad's personal berserker warjack, was knocked into the river in a canyon below where they were fighting. It seemed that Vlad had won when he managed to land a hit on Vinter that cut halfway through his torso. It turned out that Vinter wasn't so easily defeated, and that his armor, the Mail of the Grim King, could be powered by the blood of his enemies to heal him from any injury, including mortal ones. He defeated Vlad, but told Vlad that he and his men could leave, Vinter wasn't there to fight Khador, his goal was to retake his throne.

Knowing that the Cygnar army protecting Leto could never win against Vinter's rebel army, Caine left to go find Magnus and convince him to help defeat Vinter.

Leto's forces, who on the way had been joined by the warcaster Kraye, took shelter in the first city they found. It was unfortunately a trap: Vinter had allied himself with Feora from the Protectorate of Menoth, who led her forces, which included a large number of Temple Flameguard and warjacks along with the warcasters Thyra and Malakus, and the Menoth forces proceeded to attack the city from the south, while Vinter's forces come down from the north. Leto's forces fought a valiant defensive battle against both enemy forces, but were losing. Stryker and Leto went out together to attempt to defeat Vinter himself in combat. They were quickly overwhelmed, Vinter easily fending them both off. When it seemed like Vinter would surely win, Magnus' mercenary army showed up and immediately started attacking Vinter's army, causing the tide to turn immediately. Magnus and Julius immediately joined in the fight against Vinter. Magnus had studied other relics built in the same age as the Mail of the Grim King, and had learned how to destroy them. He threw a vial of specially made acid at Vinter that caused the enchantments of the armor to immediately begin to fall apart, followed by the armor itself. This allowed the group to finally kill Vinter.

On the south side of the city, Kraye was fighting against the Protectorate forces. When the mercenary army arrived, Caine joined in that defense against the Protectorate forces. He caused some significant damage, but was eventually confronted by the warcaster Thyra, who proceeded to stab Caine repeatedly. Caine's warjack Ace managed to driver her off. Shortly after that Intercessor Kreoss appeared on the field. He immediately confronted Feora about why she was attacking Cygnarian forces without the Heirarch's approval. He then forced her to make her forces retreat back to the Protectorate territory.

Leto had never really wanted to be king, he just knew his brother wasn't fit to be king. He saw that Julius could potentially be as strong willed as Vinter, but did not have all of Vinter's negative traits, such as his rampant paranoia and cruelty. He immediately abdicated the throne in favor of Julius.

Lots of other, more minor stuff was going on while all this drama over kings and dragons was happening. The Skorne Empire, under the command of Makeda, attacked Ios, home of the Retribution. They attacked one of the main gates into the Iosan homeland, and were not really making any progress. 1/3 of the Skorne forces had been lost when Skorne had some absurd luck in the form of Deus Ex Mammotha: A mammoth fell down from a weirdly placed cliff onto a store of ammo on the wall to the side of the gate being attacked, causing a huge explosion and a hole to open in the wall. The Skorne forces immediately poured through the wall and into the interior of Ios. A large amount of the border guard had been recalled from the border by an overconfident Vyros, meaning that once past the gate there was really no one to stop the Skorne forces. They proceeded to slowly conquer the Iosan territory, making pretty significant gains.

Meanwhile the Trolls were pretty much doing dick all. Basically they have just been trying to find a safe place to settle, and keep being betrayed and driven out of everywhere they end up, and have pretty much the worst luck ever and are always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Except Doomshaper, who is pretty much evil and awakened ancient trolls called Mountain Kings, who were chained up inside mountains because there was no way to control their appetites.

Circle wasn't doing much more than the Trolls. All their dicking around with Leylines along with everything else going on, and the evil tree Wurmwood who is basically the Devourer Wurm's Caen representative, caused part of the Devourer Wurm to manifest on Caen, which Circle had to deal with so that the whole Wurm couldn't appear.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 1, 2016

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

A lot of stuff

There really should be some spoilers here.

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 1, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

SERPUS posted:

I figured giant black wall would be annoying, and the first line said not to read it if you didn't want spoilers, but sure.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

That's some good poo poo. Thanks for the write up!

I think I'll actually buy as many of the MK3 books as I can this time around to stay caught up.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SERPUS posted:

first paragraph says it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SERPUS posted:

lol you didn't even spoil the quote

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I do want to note that I skipped a lot of the minor happenings going on. Butcher nearly killing and capturing Seige. Kromac getting Rathrok. The abortive Skorne attack on Circle during their ritual that resulted in Xerxis having his kindeys repeatedly stabbed and having to get a rhino wheelchair, and mordikaar being dumped in the desert by Mohsar. I focused on the major story threads, not so much the side stuff going on around.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Khisanth Magus covered most of the recent books, but here's what I typed up before I saw that, specifically in regards to Magnus and his involvement in this recent big conflict in Blood of Kings:

pre-MK I:
-Vinter is king of Cygnar.
-He's also a huge rear end in a top hat.
-Blood of Kings spoilers: Vinter has an affair with a lady named Adeline Dunning. When Adeline gets unexpectedly pregnant she starts fearing for her life and the life of her unborn child as king Vinter doesn't want an illegitimate heir and marriage is out of the question to begin with given that Vinter would only marry as a political tool and doesn't really want an heir right now. Adeline seeks refuge in the church of Morrow. Exarch Dargule, a higher up in the church of Morrow, hears her out and stages her death. The morrowan pope, Primarch Arius, gets informed of the royal bastard and together with Exarch Dargule they decide to have the child delivered in secret. Under the pretense of it having died in child birth they seperate the boy, Julius, from the mother for the safety of both.
-Magnus is a hot poo poo top dog warcaster in Vinter's Cygnar.
-Minor Way of Caine spoilers: A teenaged Caine, who at the time was mostly using his magic powers to pick fights and steal poo poo, got in way over his head picking a fight with some criminal elements. Magnus saves his life and tries to straighten him out a bit with the friendly recommendation that illegal mages aren't necessarily popular in Vinter's Cygnar, while he clearly has enough potential to make it in the military. Magnus is basically giving him his best recruitment pitch. After some additional family drama pushes Caine further into a corner, Caine goes and tells his deadbeat dad to gently caress himself and joins the gun mage academy, trying to prove his old man wrong by being a good man that can provide for his family. They later discover there that he's a radical warcaster rather than a plain old mage.
-Caine becomes a journeyman under Magnus and everything works out for a while. At least until Caine gets into more trouble because of his family and ends up in jail.
-Leto starts his civil war and Magnus is having none of this treachery, sticking to his guns and fighting on the legitimate kings side.
-Vinter loses and Magnus is still having none of it and would rather be branded a traitor than swear fealty to the usurper. => Magnus 1
-Way of Caine: Caine gets personally recruited and pardoned for his crimes by the newly appointed Cygnaran spymaster Bolden Rebaldt.
-Blood of Kings: The efforts of the church of Morrow didn't stick. The Inquisition finds Julius foster family and murders them, capturing Julius in the process.

MK I:
-Magnus hooks up with Vinter again, who is now the head of the Skorne empire.
-They initially have a lot of success in their battles against Cygnar, but Vinter deliberately sabotages the efforts of his own armies with suboptimal strategic decisions. The Skorne are super confused about the fact that the prophesized super warrior sends them into awful battles and just throws their lives away. Magnus notices that something is off and constantly fights with Vinter over some of these garbage orders. Vinter assumes Magnus is being disloyal and has Morghul torture him for good measure. Magnus isn't having a good time, but in his talks with Morghoul it dawns on him that Vinter is holding the Skorne back deliberately. Vinter doesn't want to crush Cygnar, but much rather weaken it so he can take it over again, with the Skorne merely being an expendable means to achieve that object. Because Magnus is having a legitimate gripe with Vinter at the moment, he spills the beans to Morghoul and taunts him about the fact that their prophesized warrior is betraying the nation of Skorne. Morghoul isn't really happy about this relevation, being really into the idea of a unified Skorne empire, and sets in motion the events that lead to Vinter losing his reign.
-Magnus decides that he's done with Vinters bullshit and sets off on his own. => Magnus 2
-Later on, when the war between the Protectorate and Cygnar escalates and Stryker briefly turns into an edgy rear end in a top hat that re-institutes the inquisition, Caine is busy doing mysterious missions for Bolden Rebaldt, that have him interrogate and murder a lot of the newly pardoned Inquisitors. Rebaldt wants to find Vinters bastard son Julius and some of the Inquisitors apparently have info on that.
-During the war against the Protectorate, Caine abandons his post on Rebaldts orders and hunts down an Inquisitor with critical info on the bastard. The problem, however, is that Magnus got there first, having had a leg-up on the investigations due to the previous close contact with members of the Inquisition. The two have a stand-off for a bit and Magnus comes out the winner.

MK II:
-Blood of Kings: Magnus tracks down the mansion where Julius has been holed up and raised as a successor to the throne by former members of the Inquisition (that have nonetheless broken with Vinter, who still doesn't know he has a son) and decides to take over the operation. Julius is technically the legitimate successor to the throne as Vinters claims have been renounced (and since Leto is an usurper) and Magnus wants to take things into his own hands and give the crown to its legitimate heir.
-Magnus starts training Julius and they rob a Cygnaran convoy with a ton of money on it. Surrogate dad hijinks ensue.
-Magnus buys all the Galleons right from under Barts nose and ends up recruiting all the privateer warcasters in the process, setting up the biggest Mercenary contract ever.
-The Mercenary army sets up camp in Fellig under contract of the Ordic crown. The former Cygnaran border town between Cygnar and Ord had been isolated from Cygnar due to the Khadoran expansion into the Thornwood and the Ordic troops that were holding the city have to recall from this postion in order to avoid a situation in which Khadorans could claim to liberate the town from Ordic occupation. The Cygnaran general stationed in Fellig really doesn't appreciate having the wanted traitor Magnus around, but there's nothing he can do.
-Magnus and his mercenary army fight some skirmishes against nearby Khadorans that were itching to "liberate the town". Due to the special treatment that Julius recieves from Magnus, everyone starts to assume that Julius is an illegitimate son of Magnus himself.
-Caine tracks down Magnus and Julius with the mission to assassinate Julius before the kid can make his claims to the throne a reality.

MK 2.5?:
-Blood of Kings: Caine, understandably, hesistates for a second when it comes to shooting a 16 year old kid in the head and Croe and Magnus foil his assassination attempt. Magnus and Caine have a heart to heart for a bit and Magnus eventually lets him walk off, as he noticed that Caine is getting really tired of Rebaldts poo poo. No hard feelings.
-While Caine is off licking his wounds and reporting back in to Rebaldt about the botched assassination, Barts contract expires and Magnus makes off with his mercenary army towards Corvis.
-Caine gets a second chance from Rebaldt and is hot on Magnus heels.
-The mercenary army meets up with Drake McBain on the way and since Magnus can't officially operate in Cygnar, they set up McBain as the frontman while Magnus disguises himself. The big plan right now is to inform some select nobles about the fact that there is a legitimate heir to the throne in an effort to gain a hearing in court.
-Khador betrays Cygnar and takes over Stonebridge pretty much unopposed.
-Vinter and the fourth army start the second Cygnaran civil war, kick the Khadorans out of Stonebridge and occupy Stonebridge, Bainsmarket and many other strategic locations in northern Cygnar. Leto who was at Pt. Borne previously is cut off from the rest of Cygnar and in a vulnerable position.
-Leto can't believe that a completely trustworthy person such as Ayn Vanar would betray this alliance of convenience after it had outlived its purpose.
-Magnus and crew, who crossed the Thornwood to reach Corvis, manage to set up a meeting with the local noble in charge. A bigass mercenary army is actually a super tempting offer in these times, especially with this new civil war around. Magnus reveals himself and Julius and manages to convince the noble to hear them out and let them pass on to Caspia, while the mercenary army remains stationed behind under the command of McBain until further notice.
-Caine botches another assassination attempt on Julius, shooting a body double instead. He's really not feeling this job, but follows Magnus' trail south towards Caspia.
-When news of a big mercenary army standing by in Corvis reach Leto and his boys, the good guys assume that Corvis has betrayed Leto and thrown their lot with Vinter. They manage to break through the lines and set up shop in Fharin.
-Magnus and Julius set up a secret meeting with Exarch Dargule. Caine is hot on their trail. Exarch Dargule picks up Adeline Dunning, Julius mother, on the way so that the two of them can have a tearful reunion. Julius sheds no tears and thinks this is hella awkward, because he doesn't even know this woman, WTF.
-Caine ambushes the reunion, but really doesn't have it in himself to gun down Julius in front of his mother. He ends up arresting Magnus and decides to escort the colourful group to Leto, because this poo poo is way above his paygrade and Rebaldt is a fucker, so let the king decide instead.
-Leto and the good guys recieve reinforcements in Fharin, but Vinters army gets reinforced by Feora. They decide to make their last stand in Fharin and Leto is getting depressed.
-Caine sets Magnus free after a hit squad sent by Rebaldt fails to kill all of them. They decide to have Magnus hook up with the Corvis mercenary army again so that they can be big heroes.
-Big battle ensues.
-Magnus mercenary army seemingly sides with Vinters troops during the siege of Fharin. When approached by Vinters scouts they claim they are with the Protectorate and when approached by Protectorate troops they claim they are with Vinter. They hold back for a bit and backstab both of them when it counts.
-Thyra beats up Caine.
-Kreoss turns up and bitches out Feora, which makes the Protectorate forces retreat from the battle.
-Vinter beats up Stryker, Ol' Rowdy and Leto.
-Julius saves Leto from getting murdered by Vinter and announces himself as rightful king of Cygnar. Exarch Dargule and Adeline drop some soap opera bombs on Vinter and everyone assembled on this here battlefield. Vinter gets mad and still beats up everyone.
-Magnus steps out of the background, backstabs and murders Vinter and then walks over to kill Leto next, to remove the last obstacle in the way of Julius. Caine stops him and Magnus gets arrested again.
-A cease fire gets set up. Leto pardons the traitors (because he's not legit and as such no treason has happened) and abdicates in favour of Julius.
-Magnus still has to remain a mercenary for now since he'd be a Pariah in the Cygnaran military, but Julius promises him to do what he can to get him what he deserves. Since he's like the most loyal and patriotic big boss/surrogate dad ever from Julius point of view.

I might have missed some things, but that's the jist of it.

FrostyPox posted:

I think I'll actually buy as many of the MK3 books as I can this time around to stay caught up.

Try to avoid everything Haley.
Haley is awful.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 1, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Yeah, I need to pick up Caine since Magnus is my brother's favorite. Then we can duke it out and Magnus will always win because my brother is better at this game.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In other news, it is looking more and more likely that Goreshade 4 will be a Ret caster. Whee.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

In other news, it is looking more and more likely that Goreshade 4 will be a Ret caster. Whee.

How so?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I don't have the book myself, but apparently it is heavily implied in Prime.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Spoilers from prime: They recount the tale of Goreshade leading an assault on the fane of scyrah that happened sometime during the time jump. They are deliberately vague because its going to be a skull island novel, but it says that in this dire time, Scyrah showed she still has great power and performs some miracle. Then, "an as yet unnamed champion of Scyrah" drove the undead from the fane. Combined with a new line in Vyros's bio about how recent events making it unlikely he will get his vengeance on Goreshade, good money says she Rezes Goreshade humbling him in the process and turning him back to Ios' side.

I don't know if I'm missing anything.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

So Caine 3 will probably be a merc
Magnus 3 will probably be Cygnar
Goreshade 4 will be Ret

I wonder what other shenanigans are in store

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
This page is gonna be awesome for some shitter reading. Thanks for the :effort: you guys, seriously.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

Magnus 3 will probably be Cygnar
Goreshade 4 will be Ret

I wonder what other shenanigans are in store

Would be interesting if a Khadoran caster became a Menite, and maybe Feora ousts Kreoss after Severius dies and he fucks off back to Khador. and then they can raise Severius as a Cryx caster and everyone gets one.

it's a lot harder to find any swaps in hordes tho.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Kithkar posted:

Would be interesting if a Khadoran caster became a Menite, and maybe Feora ousts Kreoss after Severius dies and he fucks off back to Khador. and then they can raise Severius as a Cryx caster and everyone gets one.

it's a lot harder to find any swaps in hordes tho.

Easy, three non-Legion Warlocks become Legion casters, everyone else gets dick. :haw:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Thinking about it, a Croak warlock that allies itself with the trollbloods in the subcontinent they're moving to could be an interesting partisan warlock for trolls.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

I want this so hard.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

And I want Magnus as Cygnar so hard :allears:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Bane Lord Vinter.. Make it happen, PP.. :drac:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Anyone else notice that the two walls in the battlebox are different lengths, and both are different from the mk2 wall template?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Zwiebel posted:

Try to avoid everything Haley.
Haley is awful.

except the time she nearly lost a bar fight caused by cockblocking an unarmed unarmored skarre, in full warcaster gear + fancy cygnar weapons

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I AM THE MOON posted:

except the time she nearly lost a bar fight caused by cockblocking an unarmed unarmored skarre, in full warcaster gear + fancy cygnar weapons

Bagl

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Basically what khador needs is collossalchev.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
With the new points system it could work...

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Okay, I now want to build a Magnus army. Guy is cooler than I thought. I just own one Nomad as far as mercenary jacks go. Whelp.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

fnordcircle posted:

This page is gonna be awesome for some shitter reading. Thanks for the :effort: you guys, seriously.

Seriously. I genuinely don't get into fantasy plots or novels, but I really appreciate the amount of time that when into those great lore posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kithkar posted:

Spoilers from prime: They recount the tale of Goreshade leading an assault on the fane of scyrah that happened sometime during the time jump. They are deliberately vague because its going to be a skull island novel, but it says that in this dire time, Scyrah showed she still has great power and performs some miracle. Then, "an as yet unnamed champion of Scyrah" drove the undead from the fane. Combined with a new line in Vyros's bio about how recent events making it unlikely he will get his vengeance on Goreshade, good money says she Rezes Goreshade humbling him in the process and turning him back to Ios' side.

I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Not Goreshade 4, it'll be Gyyryshyylyd 1 :v: