Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Alright, after a lot of dojoing, chatting to other local players, and digging through second hand stuff/eBay I think I've finally nailed down my first Cygnar list.

Cygnar - Maddox

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Major Beth Maddox - WJ: +30
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Dynamo - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)

Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8

Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2

I feel like this has game against virtually anything. The quantity of electro leaps will massacre low arm infantry blobs, the armor cracking in the list is potent as gently caress, everything is relatively hard to clear(lowest ARM in the list besides maddox, the fireflies, and the journeyman will be 18 on the stormblades), and it even has some goofy gimmick assassination potential with Sniped Dynamo. The only lists I feel like it will struggle with are purification casters or serious DEF skews.

The two questions I have are if there are there any gaping holes in this list that I'm just not seeing and who the hell to pair with this(thinking a Kraye melee jack brick or Haley 2 generalist list).

Kanos fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

jubelio posted:

I was going to say it's going to be an adjustment for hordes players to not completely outclass warmachine in the heavy offense department, but then this still outclasses in most cases.

Going from Legion to Cygnar has been absolutely eye-opening because I can no longer casually assume that things I put heavies into will automatically die outright, and Cygnar has some of the best jacks there are. Fury is such a way better mechanic when you absolutely want something loving dead.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

After knocking away at Cygnar for a while through games and dojoing I think I've got a pairing I really like.

75/75 points.
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Centurion - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Defender - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Stormclad - PC: 18
- Thorn - PC: 13

- Hunter - PC: 11
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12

---------------------

74/75 Points
Captain Victoria Haley - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Dynamo - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)

- Hunter - PC: 11
Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8

Somewhat similar list compositions, but drastically different goals. Haley2 is there for scenario plays and dealing with specific rear end in a top hat casters in my local meta(Wurmwood!!! :argh:). Haley1 is there for simple brute murder. Feat turn Storm Lance guns under Laddermore/Firefly can simply obliterate all but the nuttiest armor skews and massacre gigantic blobs of infantry easily, and it's unimaginably hard to remove two units of Arcane Shielded lances hovering at 10-11" away under Temporal Barrier unless you're running a ridiculous number of snipers or boosted jack shooting. I don't feel like most lists can even attempt to attrition into the second list, though it will obviously have some trouble against control casters(which is what Haley2 is for).

Any thoughts or things you'd change?

Kanos fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 18, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

moths posted:

I feel like Parasite and Dark Shroud mean Agathia's strength is standing next to something to give it -5 ARM. But at the same time, you'd hope casters were capable of greater things - and you still need to commit something stronger than her to the actual attack.

Those stack, right?

Different named effects always stack, things with the same name never stack. Giving -5 ARM to something is basically a death sentence for almost anything, and being able to do it from only one source is fantastic. Even Agathia's wimpy melee is swinging for effective POW 17 with those two debuffs stacked; getting her onto something and putting a helljack into it is almost guaranteed to scrap whatever you're targeting to bits. She's a really mean battlebox caster.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Did an infernal rule on that? People on the forums are firmly in the denial stage of grief.

Cygnar moved onto the acceptance stage about this loving over Stormblades even harder a while ago, sadly. It's pretty trivial to pick out a 12/15 unit leader who needs to be up front with an RFP effect if you really want to and then the whole unit loses a shitload of hitting power permanently.