Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Don't forget about the Hollowmen, the new new Hordes faction...that we know next to nothing about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
#3yearstesting

Knock down models are immune to Gang, Gang Fighter and Flank

http://privateerpressforums.com/sho...l=1#post3591563

You can charge a knocked down model though.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254924-Charging-Stationary-Knocked-down-Models&p=3591549&viewfull=1#post3591549

Progress!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

head58 posted:

Only the Archangel who has a special rule to allow it, I believe.

This is correct.

You can still punch and shoot out of activation via spells like Watcher or Sentry but can't move.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

SERPUS posted:

There are new rules.

Some of them are stupid.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

Canadians are a flighty, gooselike people

As a Canadian I find this post highly offensive, but I won't actually do anything about it, just mumble quietly to myself and get real passive aggressive.

Sorry for bringing it up.

But yah that would be a kickin rad thread title.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 30, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

Good game, dude! Holy poo poo Sword Knights + Rhupert are just god drat mean.

What list did you use? Currently I have them in a Haley 3 list because Def 17 makes me giggle.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Lore dump good. Battle reports rock. All goons are fantastic.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

Would anyone be interested in a general sum up of everything that happened in the later part of MK2? I am very much a lore nerd for any game I play, and I rather enjoy the story in this one.

:justpost:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

In other news, it is looking more and more likely that Goreshade 4 will be a Ret caster. Whee.

How so?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Wasn't Goreshade trying to find a way to cure his people at first and then was driven mad by the quest and constant failures?

Also I thought he only killed soulless babies and to most elves they are abominations anyways.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I thought they made their great escape?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Gearhead posted:

Reading through the old Monsternomicon for the Iron Kingdoms, it dawns upon me that I recognize the Hollow Men from the Lock & Load teaser, at least in some form or another... as a form of cult-created undead who consume the organs of the living to assume an unliving superhuman form that can pass for living.

The fluff seems a bit inconsistent with how the Circle and even Thamar cultists have been presented as of late, though.

The warbeasts are all going to be plant based. I wish they would come out with something for the player base. It's weird how coy they are being with this all.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

dexefiend posted:

Nilbog is goblin spelled backwards!

They better have a David Bowie Goblin King looking mother fucker that is 90% hair and codpiece.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
FFE on Trencher cannon just annihilates heavies.

Plus Long Gunners are good now. I did lose via scenario but that's because I over thought things instead of just going in guns blazing with Caine 2.

Also the Trench Buster getting flank off of the cannon will never get old.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The war in Thornwood was sold to us on a lie!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

fnordcircle posted:

I'm really bad @Mk3 so far, is what I'm saying. I'm used to being able to crutch on high def Khador casters (iron flesh lolz) or camping and I have yet to have someone take out more points of mine than I am of theirs but here I am with a lovely K/D record, so lovely I'm afraid to post it cause my standing in this thread is important to me.

Well what lovely lists are you playing so we can help your crap rear end out and make you a better player to stop your kvetching?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Friendly Fire posted:

I keep doing the Shield Guard yo-yo with Sentinels when making my Cygnar lists. It's so hard to squeeze them in when every other light jack is so much better on an average turn. It's about the only Cygnar Jack that got nerfed in the Mk2 to Mk3 transition too.

Still, you don't regret taking them when they save your caster I guess.

If you have Trenchers in your list consider the Trench Buster. He is a P&S 14 hole busting solo that rolls 4d6 on damage with flank. Tough as nails and less than a sentinel.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

rantmo posted:

I was surprised when I noticed Siege getting it too. Possibly because he survived a near-bisection at the hands of the Butcher (where the gently caress is Siege 2 PP?)

It's because he is a Trencher FYI. All Trenchers have tough.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Haley 2 is still a solid dick punch and no you won't make me feel bad for playing her.

Armoury - Steamroller Objective

Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13

Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
Trench Buster - PC: 6
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Trencher Infantry Officer & Sniper - Officer & Standard: 5
Trencher Cannon Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6

Finn, Stormwall and the Cannon all being fantasy targets for Temporal Acceleration means that you can lay on the hurt while scooting across the map.

Thorn having up to 18 inch non-lateral threat is nothing to scoff at either.

Trench Buster didn't get to bust any holes this game but he did a solid job of body blocking.

Haley's feat is still a ball buster, even in the age of guns.

Good times all around to play the Best Faction .

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 13, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Dragonshirt posted:

I'm curious how many of you that are loving MK 3 are Hordes players?

Circle was changed in terms of how they deliver their stuff and the loss of the Druid cloud wall. No longer can you just sit back and force your opponent to try to crack the puzzle you set for them while picking off key pieces and scuttling to safety. It's a much more aggressive play style with positioning being even more important.

I'm really liking the Spirit Bond too. That's some good poo poo.?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Currently my main is Wurmwood. The tree is fantastic. My other lists are all over the place but you bet your going rear end that the eldritch horror will be in my pairings.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Oh Cygnar. You always seem to bring out the worst in net deck try hards.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

The Bee posted:

A local game shop near me has been suggesting an escalation league to celebrate 3E, and while I don't think I can contribute the time or money yet I've been interested in at least learning the ropes of the game. Do you guys have any recommended starter box factions for a relative newcomer, to both Warmachine and tabletop wargaming in general?

Really it depends on which faction you like the look of and your play style.

However someone did make a quiz to help guide you in the right direction;

http://www.koghrun.net/whsurv/index.html

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
After facing feign death on Farrow Commandos last night I can't say I'm too happy to see it sent wide. That being said the theme list looks good. Provides a few benefits without being stupidly powerful.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm not even sure what they could do with a Trencher theme list. Extended deployment zone and Grenadier jacks get high explosive 10?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

It's what's for breakfast!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

fadam posted:

Is the best way to play eCaine to just take him and a bunch of mercs like Boomhowler And HHFG to gum the board while he goes crazy, or are there better in faction options now? I'm looking at the WiTC lists and the guy who took eCaine took a bunch of Stormblades and i'm not sure why.

Though Warroom won't allow it, you can take the dorf artillery with Murdoch as a sweet fire for effect target. I am currently using the cannon but ever slowly am I tempted more and more towards that combo.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I lived the Sloan dream today. Top of 2 she and 2 Defenders killed a zero camp Butcher 1. Didn't even get to use my Hurricane on him. My opponent is a newer opponent (less than a year playing)and so I taught him how he could have defended against it.

I think her feat is much better but I didn't think it would be that good.

Now she will compete for a spot in my pairing against Haley 1 and Siege.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

fadam posted:

I'm going to buy a set of Lances and try them with Haley 3 instead of Stormblades. Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while but between terrain and my own trenchers getting in the way I only managed to get like three of them into melee the whole game.

Take Rhupert and a Captain and both those issues disappear.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Cygnar continues to be best faction with Jakes 2 getting Field Marshal: Sprint.

Why yes, I would like to play MK2 Vayl2 with my giant stompy robots.

http://privateerpressforums.com/sho...l=1#post3628224

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Suck it all non-Cygnar players.

Lol Malakov is such poo poo compared to the others.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I can't wait to hear Cryx players whining about Aikos being able to threaten 17 inches with a Mat 8 free charging Kraken that gets to fire it's giant gun.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Jakes Dojo;

Captain Allison Jakes - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Gallant - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Firefly - PC: 8

Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - PC: 4
Trench Buster - PC: 6
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Trencher Commandos - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5

Ol' Rowdy is stupid good with her. Mat 10 P&S 20s with two forms of out of activation movement can't be denied (Sprint and Counter Charge)

Gallant can sit at Def 15 and smash anything that has an upkeep spell on it. Versh and Arlan means I can run this guy with no focus investment.

Firefly :science:

Commandos are there for AD stealth jam and feat funsies.

Finn because Finn.

I'm stuck I want Stormlances or Stormblades. Both have pros and cons, both hit as hard. My reason for the Stormblades is that I can fit more, closer to a PC jack. Will have to test both to see what fits better.

She is going to be so much fun!

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 4, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Mat 7-10 auto wounding, tough removing, AD, stealth, tough infantry with pathfinder are bad eh?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Right now myself and another guy in my meta are doing caster rotations. Each week we bring 2 casters. Win or lose the caster we pick gets replaced with a new caster next week while the old one stays as its pair. I find it forces you to play outside of your comfort zone and really see what your faction has to offer.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 4, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Tristan is the tits. He can do so many things. Jack Gun line? Check.
All melee jack? Oh yeah.
Mixed arms? Mega check mother fucker!

The only thing he doesn't do is infantry spam.
I am not looking forward to seeing him on the table.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

gannyGrabber posted:

Does... Does this mean people might pair him with Vindictus?!? Will we see 'ol Vindereeno get played???

Man, Starscream is so much better in MK3. Everything about him got better. Plus Menoth has so many weapon master units to poo poo damage out. Defender Warded Errants go really well with him. An embarrassment of riches.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
My Khador buddy loves Malakov and I can see where he is coming from now;

War Room Army

Khador - New Army

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Kommander Andrei Malakov - WJ: +28
- War Dog - PC: 3
- Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
- Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
- Juggernaut - PC: 12

Man-O-War Drakhun - PC: 9
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 5

Greylord Outriders - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8

He can be virtually unkillable with Drakhun sitting within Sucker and Counter Charge range. Orin makes him immune to spell assassination.

Meanwhile his jacks are advancing up the field and on feat turn they get to dance around you.

Outriders get stealth from his prowl battle plan and prance up the field on stealth..letting you only shoot at either him or his jacks.

Starting to see how defensive this guy is and what a PITA he will be.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

CaptCommy posted:

If by kinda neat, you mean possibly the best unit in the entire game, yeah. On top of what you said, it's worth noting that the tentacles also have impervious flesh (-1 damage die), which make them really good at randomly contesting zones if you need them to. Tentacles also count as corpses for the pot, which is cute. Otherwise it's just there to drag jacks into a spot where your scythean eats them for free. Pretty good for 6 pts.

Count as corpses AND you can put incubi in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

albany academy posted:

Same with loving shifting stones the bastards. Its a loving rock!! Who gives a poo poo if it's their rock? Theres a bunch of rocks all over the goddamn place

I think someone needs to go over yonder and start watching himself some Steven Universe to find out just how amazing magic rocks can actually be.