Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i bought the trollbloods box today

its real fuckin nice

also my manager at the nerd store is totally down with starting an employee league, because half the staff is getting in/getting back in, because one of our gross nerds thinks he's hot poo poo despite being the one cryx player who thinks bane thralls suck, and we all want to smash his face

god bless this game

e whats some good fluff to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hi yes hello what is a decent place to start building up a Trolls army from the new battlebox

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i'm working on putting together my carrying case, what depth of pluck foam do i need for various base sizes? it's like 1.5" for 30mm, 2" for 40, 2.5 for 50mm right?

edit also where's the cheapest place to get it from? sabol's shippin is rough

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khisanth Magus posted:

It really is that bad. I cannot understand how PP thought that BB is still OK. I mean, it never was.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU I AM HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so how are the new theme books going to work, the NQ article wasn't parsing right in my brain for some reason

like, are tehy going to be actual book releases or what

i guess they said they'd make an announcement shortly after Mk3 dropped adn the new no quarter is in two weeks so

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 12, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A book for each system that was theme lists centered around a particular mechanical/thematic Thing that came out like two or three times a year would be pretty cool

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rydiafan posted:

I thought people might find this interesting. It's a breakdown of the players in my team event tomorrow.

The number of Circle players surprises me. Literally every Troll player taking Madrak2, however, does not surprise me.

Which one is Madrak2 and why can't I find it on PP

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rkajdi posted:

It should be the subtitle on the cards in your faction deck. PP doesn't show the models in this way on their website, which is annoying. The caster's full name is Madrak Ironhide, World Ender.

I just bought back in so I don't have the faction deck. The problem was PP not listing the full name for Madrak1 on the gallery because they discontinued the original and only have the variant now

I'm actually going to order the rest of my 75'point Troll army through the shop this afternoon. Hype.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 16, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
whats the best way to store my foam trays full of stupid plastic monsters? i was going to use a comic book shortbox but i forgot how tight they are (like, the trays fit perfectly but there's no room on the sides to get out a tray at the bottom)

i dont need anything fancy, like a multicase is too much, but i would like to be able to a) store my poo poo and b) bring it with me to the store to play dumb plastic armymans

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Yeah I got a card pack a month ago and highly recommend it as well. Way lighter and easier to transport than, my old Sabol case.

How many pieces of standard sized pluck foam fit in a cardboard case

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just got my troll box's poo poo handed to it by the Khador box. I think my biggest problem was not being used to Fury and planning ahead a turn and whiffing on the first couple by not playing aggressive enough

Still got to hit a giant robot in the face with a huge ax tho so it's fine

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Played another game against a different manager, him running Dwarves. Came so goddamn close to crushing his casters head (the one with the double barrel shotgun and an4" move) with Ragnors hammer in a last ditch suicide run

Game so good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

waah posted:

Honestly I think your troll box is gonna get it's poo poo handed to you no matter who you play. It's pretty bad in comparison to the others. Pillow fisted is thrown around eo much thst it loses it's meaning, but the Troll box is the definition of pillow fisted.

I came real goddamn close to beating Gorton after that. Him and his douchey light jacks that can boost attack and damage for one focus and the one with flak armor

Mostly I'm just looking to learn the game and how the faction works. I'm playing people who have played for years, I'm gonna lose. I'm cool with that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Finally picked up a mk3 Menoth and Legion starter box. Definitely impressed with what they did with them, and I kinda wish PP would start using these colored plastics for their plastics from here out.

Anyway, I read the fiction in the faction booklets. I love how that fat bastard is a hateful piece of poo poo while Kryssa seems like a patriot eager to prove herself. I've never really read fluff before, is this pretty standard for PP?

The colored plastics are a step down from their usual models in terms of detail and general quality. They're nice enough but they definitely used a little bit cheaper plastic to get the cost down

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also if you're just starting out play just battlebox games for a while. It's been long enough since I played that I'm essentially a new player and it makes it so much easier when I only have a couple of dudes to worry about, all of whom I become familiar with quickly, while I work on internalizing actual mechanics. I can't imagine trying to play a real army right out the gate

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fyrbrand posted:

I mean I'm already a dbag for playing the incredibly OP trolls

greetings, friend troll player

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So, i was talking with my boss last night and he mentioned that some/most Hordes armies have some kind of Fury mitigation units, I was wondering if Trolls was one of them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khisanth Magus posted:

Trolls have always had the worst fury management in Hordes. Trolls only has whelps that they can eat during the Maintenance or control phase to reduce fury, but that is very unreliable for fury management.

Rip me I guess

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
wait until you're dodging a guy who has figured out that you're buying back in but not that the reason you're dodging all his questions is that you don't want to play or discuss the game with him, because he's an idiot and an rear end in a top hat

good times

good times

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Geisladisk posted:

Am I the only person who just straight up tells awful nerds that I'm not interested in playing with them unless a tournament dictates it, because playing with them sucks, because they're lovely sports? :confused:

You guys should try having nerds impotently hate you sometimes, it's the best.

i can't really do that because i work at my shop

rip

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

waah posted:

When is the new No Quarter coming out

i thought it was this week but now im not sure, i'll check ACD when i get to the store and can, y'know, access it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Otisburg posted:

The PG running it here upped the cap to 15, still BG only, which is a bit less silly. This week is still 25.

Fifteen BG only makes sense, 10 cripples some of the factions (cough trolls) because it's just another light against everyone else's heavies

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

koreban posted:

I'm currently playing in 2 JML right now and surprisingly the shop that made all of the forum favorite changes is the hotter mess of a JML. The other shop stuck religiously to the document and it's been a much better experience. Trolls still beat the poo poo out of people with 4 lights, and you're not going up against the worst/toughest jacks and beasts of each faction on week 2 and 3.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the current journeyman document and I think Will Hungerford is the worst person to have developing for it, especially after meeting him. But having played it both ways, I wouldn't make the 10->15 change on week 2.

Man I get fuckin stomped using trolls but it could be that my manager enjoys trolling me and building jerk rear end merc lists so

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

KPC_Mammon posted:

Sure, I won the majority of my mk3 Cryx games before I decided to sell them. I'm not saying you can't win with bad stuff. This isn't just about winning, I sold off Khador too.

Depends! Do you mean the Lucant all-in-one or Syntherion's battle box?

probably the battle box since the All In One is out of print (i'm holding out hope for new ones this winter though!)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

S.J. posted:

TBF it depends more on the model release schedule than the book release schedule. Can't use a Grolar if they haven't made one :v:

Hellmouth, Ghetorix, Riflemen and Black 13th hit retail today. The two player boxes I believe are in two weeks.

privateer has the two player boxes listed as coming out the 31st, alliance lists them as the 24th

i'm gonna go with alliance's date as being right

(let's hear it for having the store login for every distributor but Diamond memorized)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

S.J. posted:

What whaaaaat. I was just too lazy to check tbh :v:

Yeah everything but diamond uses the same login so I can check all that nonsense from home

Comes in handy when

Uh

Ok it never comes in handy but it's nice to have

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fnordcircle posted:

Monthly 'how's your meta?' checkup. Mine still has a pulse but it's not like it was at one point where on an average Saturday we'd have 10-20 people all chucking dice in warmahordes.

Still a bunch of mutants that I don't want to interact with and four employees whose schedules never line up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
One of the new players has gotten a really good grasp of strategy really quickly. He gave a guy who's been playing Cryx for years a massive points handicap and then beat him so badly that the guy refuses to play with him anymore

The guy he beat is also a tool which makes it even funnier

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't really want GW to burn but if they insist on shooting themselves in the foot to heal their previous bullet wounds well I guess I'm going to grab popcorn

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The expansion model for LCGs is fine. you know exactly what you get in a pack, and you get a complete set of everything in the pack

the real problem is in their core sets

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 12, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Wizard Styles posted:

Yeah, fair enough. Tbh I'm not sure if the expansions always give you full playsets, but if they do there's no problem.

they do. the only time they don't include multiple copies of a card is if it's a limit-one deal or part of a pod (conquest is the best example because a lot of the packs have new warlords in them and they come with their little pod plus full 3-of playsets of 17 other cards)

poo poo in netrunner you get playsets of the.....personalities? the card that determines deck identity/ability, and you can only use one copy of that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

waah posted:

Having bought into xwing, I don't know if it is actually cheaper. If you have faction ADD or just buy cool units probably not. But if you are the type to slow grow into a 75 point list and stick with one or two casters until you KNOW them I think the two games are a wash. But you can easily spend a small fortune chasing the dragon on X-wing when very good cards are only obtainable by buying $70+ dollar ships that 95% of players will never use.

As far as our local meta I am really excited. I somehow managed to hook two new players in, in the last two to three months. One guy probably will wash out as I just dont think he has an army that identifies with him. But the other guy was someone who came.up to look at my models while I was waiting for a game. He just started asking questions and seemed reallly thrilled about giant murder elephants. So I told him to come walk with me through the store and I'd give him a rundown of all the different factions. I didn't say, hey these guys are really strong or these guys are the best or other grognard poo poo. I just appealed to his sense of interest in the game over all. These are your druid faction, but they gave cool things like the werewolves Twilight wishes they had, and these are the undead lich pirates with robots. Dude looked like a kid in a candy shop, it was so cool.

Couple weeks go by and I didn't see him again. Then, he comes up to me on our 0 point tournament and says hi. I felt terrible that I didnt rememeber his name, but he told me thanks for introducting him to the game :3: and that he has chosen Khador.

Earlier this week I found out that dude has gone all in and has a conquest in order. I couldn't be happier.

im going to come into a decent amount of store credit next week and its gonna take a lot of willpower to not order a fuckin mountain/glacier king just so i can have one so good for him

good for him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Realistically I will order Horgle and Hoarluk and another slag troll for this fifty point list I want to run against my managers mercs

I got a plan, man

Edit maybe Calandra because I feel like her fear is Real Good

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 12, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khisanth Magus posted:

Our last food machine tournament was run by one of our PGs who is kinda nuts. There were a total of 6 prizes for stuff. 2 of them were theme list armies, including one that had 2 glacier kings.

holy dickballs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im going to preface this by saying i dont know any warjack names

my manager is a fuckin chode who runs those light merc jacks that can boost attack and damage for one focus, total, and then spends the whole game knockin poo poo down and movin poo poo around etc and also he runs gorton a lot

so gently caress him i'm gonna set his poo poo on fire and melt it with acid and then punch his face off with, example, hoarluk and strip his focus off of him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ShowTime posted:

Sounds like you'd like Hoarluk3 then. Implacability stops things in your battlegroup from getting knocked down or moved around and his feat synergizes nicely with everything getting Hyper-Regeneration.

hello yes i would like something called Hyper Regeneration

edit holy jesus that feat is dope and hyper regeneration is dope and im rubbing my phone against my body and cooing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

S.J. posted:

:dance: it begins :dance:

THE CARDS AND I NEED ALONE TIME

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so i think i mentioned here that one of our mutants refuses to play against another member of the community because he got beat so badly, but now i have the whole story

they're both in journeyman league. the one dude wasn't taking new units because he wanted to save his points and field a colossal (which is kinda dope), and he was still winning (even more dope)

so he played the mutant, with a massive points handicap, and curb stomped the guy so hard that he rage quit and now refuses to play against him

also the dude who rage quit was super mad that the other guy was banking his points to take a colossal anyway

i love this game

fake edit also i helped a manager build a dope as gently caress 200 point khador list tonight that includes a conquest and a gun carriage and is just gonna be about raining hellfire down on poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
after careful consideration ive decided that horgle plus a bunch of pyre trolls is real fuckin neato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
After farting around with a couple coworkers' battle boxes i feel like I made

Not the wrong choice

Just the choice that requires the most work