Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm Canadian and those geese are nothing like us. When we're rear end in a top hat we're passive aggressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

S.J. posted:

Cygnar owns gently caress the haters

Swans area baby bitches. Come hit me without a sword coward!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm thinking about running this the next time I play. Thoughts?
75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Deathripper - PC: 6
- Deathripper - PC: 6
- Shrike - PC: 6

Pistol Wraith - PC: 5
Soul Trapper - PC: 1
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Machine Wraith - PC: 2

Steelhead Riflemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 14
Steelhead Riflemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 14
Satyxis Gunslingers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 07/24/2016 23:59:19
BUILD ID : 2022.16-07-07

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I can't wait to hear Cryx players whining about Aikos being able to threaten 17 inches with a Mat 8 free charging Kraken that gets to fire it's giant gun.

I can't wait to use this dude. Might even proxy him this weekend

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Gonna try this on the weekend.

Cryx

75 / 75 Army

Captain Aiakos - WJ: +29
- The Withershadow Combine - Maelovus, Admonia & Tremulus: 9
- Kraken - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)
- Reaper - PC: 13

Necrotech - PC: 2

Bane Warriors - Leader & 9 Grunts: 17

---

GENERATED : 08/05/2016 08:19:30
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

Saalkin fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 7, 2016

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

albany academy posted:

Leviathans would also be cool with aiakos. That's d3 pow 15 shots on your large base charge target.

1 attack not d3

On feat turn the reapers charge 12 inch with 2 inch melee. With 4 attacks if all goes well. More if focused up.

Saalkin fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 5, 2016

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Saalkin posted:

Gonna try this on the weekend.

Cryx

75 / 75 Army

Captain Aiakos - WJ: +29
- The Withershadow Combine - Maelovus, Admonia & Tremulus: 9
- Kraken - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)

Necrotech - PC: 2

Bane Warriors - Leader & 9 Grunts: 17

---

GENERATED : 08/05/2016 08:19:30
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

This list is getting slaughter vs a rhulic armour spam list.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wells posted:

I've been thinking a lot about the kraken lately because I really want to work it into a good list, and I'm coming to the (as of yet untested) conclusion that Skarre2 is probably the only really effective caster you can pair one with. The combined quality/quantity of most colossal's attacks is generally not that much better then a regular warjack despite the price being easily more than twice an average heavy. You're probably going to kill whatever you get the alpha off on with it (if you even get the alpha), but you're almost certainly going to lose the kraken next turn, and it's probably not likely that you've gotten an equitable trade at that point. Because of that, I don't think casters buffing the Kraken's alpha potential are really all that great, and unfortunately most of our defensive jack buffs really aren't going to help a tremendous amount either. Spectral Steel, Hellwrought, Death Ward, or even unyielding on their own aren't going to stop a P+S23 wrassler or mulg from kramering into the kraken and wrecking it. A list that can really crack ARM is probably even going to be able to deal with Skarre1's feat, which is our best ARM buff. OTOH Skarre2's feat makes the Kraken unchargable and very hard to hit at DEF15. Black Spot is a MAT/RAT fixer, and even better it fixes the relatively low volume of attacks the kraken puts out for it's points. I'm not sure if you can realistically drive a kraken up to an infantry unit without it getting shot off the table, but I suppose you could get it close enough to use the secondary guns, kill some stuff at effective RAT 7, and kill some more stuff with Black Spot attacks, then feat and do it again (or charge) next turn and by then hopefully have made your points back.

As for Aiakos, someone on the PP boards suggested running him with all the AD jacks, and I think I'm gonna do that tomorrow at game night. DJ, Cankerworm, Barathrum, and a harrower behind. Maybe a stalker too. With an arc node you can cycle assail on the AD jacks for big threat and focus efficiency, and if you're up against an infantry heavy list that ends up cupping one of your AD heavies, by that time the harrower has caught up and you can pilot it into the catcher's mitt for fun and profit. If you're up against a bunch of heavies, maybe you can White Squall or Stranglehold them with the arc node and DJ to prevent retaliation? idk. also the cankerworm is prob bad in this setup but I haven't played him yet in mark 3 so the time is now

The Kraken is really good in alot of places, a speed buff is what it loves. I used to run it with shade3 a lot and it's usually get at least one kill top of 1 if I go 2nd.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Nah he is by far our worst wardude.

This is far from true.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I just bought zombie birds. I dunno if they'll do well ever. Thinking they won't

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

We'll see how they do after a few games. Normal mechs are pretty poo poo now so I haven't even bothered running them.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

albany academy posted:

Post batreps! This seems strange.

If we go to Ottawa for Mark's party you could just play against Granny grabber!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

ret and circle plz return my spell to me at once, thx.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hra Mormo posted:

To be fair if I'd bought 30 Bane Knights and 30 Mechanithralls in Mk2 I'd probably be salty as well. And that's not an unreasonable scenario for a Mk2 Cryx player.

I'm alittle bit salty about the 10 bane knights I bought, only because I spent $80 and don't really ever think about putting them in lists anymore.

The Cryx forums are whiny as poo poo, but I personally think all 3 of the bane units and the solo are overcosted by just a tiny bit. Oh and the slayer chassis.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If I end up playing tomorrow Imma try out dis.

Cryx Army - 75 / 75 points

(Skarre 2) Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast [+26]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Harrower [16]
- Nightwretch [7]
Bloodgorgers (max) [15]
Carrion Thralls (max) [10]
Bane Warriors (max) [17]
General Gerlak Slaughterborn [7]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Pistol Wraith [5]
Satyxis Gunslingers [7]
Machine Wraith [2]

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wells posted:

I wonder if the full revenent package with skarre2 could be good. with black spot, rengrave, and the two cannon crews, you can make 6 new revenants a turn from 12" away pretty reliably (rengrave at effective RAT 8 and the cannon at effective RAT 7 with boosted hit rolls). the other side of the coin is that you have to own rengrave, the revenent crew, and two cannons

e: ^^ oh hey, skarre2. jc, why skarre2 over skarre1 there? skarre1 seems like she does a lot of stuff that list likes

Death ward for the Bloodgorgers mostly, oh and black spot too.

Also soul strike or whatever her spell is. The way it currently stands if I kill a gorger whos engaged with death ward on its a boosted pow 20 to something within 4 that auto hits... I just can't pass the tough roll.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wells posted:

you're gonna deliver them by doing the crows/gunslingers thing? lemme know how that goes, I really want it to be good. mainly because I want a way to reliably deliver my race traitor trolls.

Maybe, I was thinking just armour 18 then 20 once in combat should be enough to get most of them there. I want birds + banes for heavies.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

*throws bane riders in the garbage*

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wizard Styles posted:

Ghostly cavalry doesn't sound bad, at least.

They lost an 1" on melee, and their curse doesn't help them with speed anymore, on a charge its only really useful for the impact attacks. They just got way worse then they used to be is all, and compared to the soul hunters, I dunno why I'd take em.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

counterspin posted:

Why? There was a guy in our meta who had a similar thing happen, and it's because lots of people are new or coming back to the game for MK3.

I guess winning on clock always feels less...I dunno rewarding?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Butt Beholder posted:

Thinking about getting back into the game with cryx. I know they are not great now, but are the awful?

Cryx are still good and cool.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

*throws Cankerworm in the garbage*

HOW DO YOU MISS A PRIME AXIOM THAT WAS AT -5 ARM. gently caress YOU WORM JACK EAT MY poo poo.

I'm done raging now.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

waah posted:

So uh, I just ended up with a cryx battlebox. 30% off at the FGLS is retarted. Now that I have made this terrible decision, someone school me on Cryx

EVERYTHING SUCKS NOW.

Get raiders dawg.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

S.J. posted:

Bane Knights are still good. You can still rely on Deneghra 1. Kraken is good. Seethers seem pretty good.

I know. Kraken owns. I'm just being a poo poo bird

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

waah posted:

So uh, I just ended up with a cryx battlebox. 30% off at the FGLS is retarted. Now that I have made this terrible decision, someone school me on Cryx

Stuff that is good and cool:

Jacks:
Stalkers
Bonechickens named: Ripsaw, Deatherripper, Nightwrench
Canckerworm
Bathroom
Deathjack
Nightmare
Erebus
Harrowers
Seethers
Infectors
Descrators
Kraken

Slayers, but only if massed.

Units:
Blood witches
Birds
Raiders
Bloodgorgers (might be bad?! They did well that one game I ran them.)
Withshadow whats it.
Soulhunters
Gunslingers

Solos:
Scrap thralls
Soul trappers
witch siren
Machine wraiths
Pistol wraiths
Aiakos
Darragh wrathe
Skarlock thrall (depending on caster)

poo poo to avoid and why

Jacks:
The other slayer chassis jacks (13pts and 16pts They're just slightly too costly)
Malice (Goodish but hard to get his ability off without starting with a soul anymore)
Leviathan ( random shots sucks hard)
Sucpluitureuator (Kraken is just outright better, random shots, mcthralls suck)
Defiler (Rat 5 pow 10 spray needs too much focus to be useful, too costly too)
Helldiver (I haven't used them, but they seem like they lost what made them good and cool)

Solos:
Bane lord tartatus (He's friggin' 8pts for whatever reason.)
Bloat's (costly, easy to kill, not that much infantry around, aoe 4 now)
Slaugtherborne (7pts, should really be 6)
Rengrave (the pirates all suck hard)

Units:
Biles (easy to kill, harder to get lots of kills with)
Bane Riders (just take soul hunters)
Mechanitrhalls (just take drudges or birds)
Necrosurgeon ( mech thrall tax, and can't heal living models no more)
revenant poo poo (awful just awful)

Stuff I'm in the middle or unsure about
Bane Knights (Seem alright, but very pricey. I haven't used them much)
Bane Warriors (I used them a lot, they very rarely make it where they need to be, UA is overcosted)
Black ogrun (They look way to easy to remove)
Cephalyx overlords (I think they are good, letting drudges hit better and 3 influences is great)
Shirke & Scavenger ( Both look good, just haven't used em)
Drudges (I've used them once so far, higher arm and tough keeps them somewhat alive, if you want hoards of poo poo use em)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

S.J. posted:

Bane Knights are still good. They lost half a point of expected damage on the charge and can't mulch everything with vengeance anymore, but they're also cheaper than they used to be and still murder one wound infantry with no effort as long as they hit. Slaughterborn I think is really good if you use him with the unit but don't bother otherwise.

The game I ran slaugtherborn, he got stuck in traffic and never could get the fighting bloodgorgers in command. I had blackspot on the unit they where fighting anyways so they didn't even need him.

I just wish he wasn't more costly them Finn who's way friggin' better.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If that's real then she's really really good

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Spooky!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Help, do I go the bar and get all crooked or do I build my flame bringers and use them to ruin S.J's night tomorrow?

Bring them to the bar.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

That cover is really cool.

Right warjack is definitely a Indictor, right warjack is a character warjack on the Reckoner chassis. Current speculation is that it's probably Vindictus' character 'jack Refuter of Heresy, which he apparently has in the fluff and is a Reckoner.

That's hand of judgment on the right my friend.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

When the other player is winning they really need to stop putting their caster right where my remaining poo poo can kill em easy.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

gently caress I should have whined more about Cryx.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-10-4-2016-prelude-to-errata

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

albany academy posted:

Useless is hyperbolic but warrior models only isnt going to get you very far these days.

Everything takes a POW 14. Warriors just fall down too. Which you know includes casters and solos.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

That's lookin' p. good. Once he's completely done repost dat shiiit.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lokipunk posted:

One question though, what is it that lylyth3 does that supports a gun line that denny2 doesnt? I get why denny2 is maligned but I look at l3 and can't really figure out what she brings other than a huge base to shoot at.

She can move up 12", feat, fire 12" more up with 3 shots at rat 8 that freeze then she can move back 5. Then the rest of her army fires ranged poo poo that also freezes.

Denny can't get as far up and doesn't get to fire 3 shots herself, Cryx also doesn't really have much of anything beyond ranged 12 and most of it isn't high pow.

That's what I'm getting from looking at the card currently, although I've never seen it in practice.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Raiders are crazy good, blood witches are good too but not crazy good

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

chutche2 posted:

and pay 6 points for marketh to upkeep and only if marketh gets souls.

OH WILL HE?!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The Internet crowd seems to be saying that he's designed with the Skrone changes in mind or some poo poo. gently caress if I know. *smokes cig*

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

susan posted:

Seriously though, most Heavies are going to be able to get a flat +2 MAT vs any Charge Target now, since a single free strike is either wholly unable or extremely unlikely to take out a relevant system during a charge attack. Especially your higher base ARM Jacks like Khador and Menoth. What would it take to cripple a Juggernaut's Cortex in a single free strike? ARM 20, 12 boxes needed to cripple the Cortex, which means a POW 14 needs to roll triple 6's on exactly Column 4 to do it. Yeah, I'll take those odds to get +2 on your Warcaster.

*Looks at Slayers. Throws them in the trash*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I was thinking a bomber or blizer might be great.