Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Well since there's a new thread i'll ask again here: I'm having trouble deciding between Circle and Cygnar for my first foray into Warmahordes.

I like the looks of the Circle Wolds and Reeves, but getting their battlegroup wont help with that at all. Cygnar seem to be the closest to the ideal I wanted with shooty warjacks, but again the Battlegroup is questionable progress towards that goal.

Lemme hear some goon opinions on these two armies, i'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

GoodBee posted:

I know a surprising number of people who play both Cyngar and Circle. It seems like a popular combination.

As far a your first faction goes, I'd say pick the one where you like the most different sub-themes. If that's about even interest, think about if the Focus or Fury mechanic sounds like more fun. If you really want a bunch of guns/shooting, go with Cygnar. Circle has a shooting game too but it's kind of Cygnar's thing.

If there is anything in the battle box you want, just get the battle box. It's a really good deal. If you want to get something else first, do that.

Who are you going to be playing with? If you want to join a local Journeyman league, then that has rules for advancing your army from the battle box up to 75 pts. You do have to start with the battle box though. If you're going to play with people who have full armies already, then shoot for 50pts of whatever you want. If you're going to play with a group of new players, you might want to keep an eye out for the two-player starter sets, whenever those come out. I think we know what's going to be in those so you can buy other stuff if you want to get started before they come out.

Its a new scene, my LGS is getting into Warmachine for the first time with mk3, there are players around that play at other stores about an hour away in different directions, a couple friends and regulars have gotten battlegroups, 2 khador, a menoth, a couple trollblood, a retribution, and a skorne so far afaik, but so far we pretty much will only have battlegroup boxes for a while.