Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

This game is dead in my local scene, is it still active in other places? I love warjacks and the factions in this game, it would be a shame to see it go under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Maneck posted:

It's highly regional. It was doing quite well (Ottawa) here before the pandemic, and there's optimism that'll keep going once that's over.

As to PP's long term health? Yeah, even in the good areas, that's a worry. There was a recent mild panic when someone claimed Privateer Press was being dropped by a major distributor, so it may not be stocked by the big local store. The store has now confirmed they'll continuing stocking it, but I'd be stunned if they didn't scale back the number of SKUs. Warmachine/Hordes has a massive number of models relative to sales numbers these days.

That's really unfortunate. I found the gameplay and rules of WMH really innovative and super enjoy the universe they've created.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

How is this game doing as far as popularity these days? It's picking up big at my local shop but this thread is dead compared to how it was last I checked

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

There's a pretty big local scene for WMH in my area, I'm stoked to try and play again.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

I just spent a lot of money on a Menoth army in the past few month and I absolutely am not spending anything for a PP product until they unfuck the level of distrust I now feel for them as a company

What base size do bastions use?

a pale ghost fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 23, 2022

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

If you don’t mind me asking… why?

I didn't know MkIV was coming out and a local store has a big WMH scene. I got really into brawl machine

Will they still make the models? If the only models available are ones that already exist then I don't really care that I can use them

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

WMH Brawl is really popular here and it's a quality game. To discontinue literally every model involved in a game that could have been resurrected with better management is a terrible move and I will probably never buy into any of the new edition until it has been established for quite a while

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

A shop near me plays this game but I'm pretty darn mad that they just eliminated most of the range. I had literally just assembled menoth knights and regular zealots and loved the theme and rules of the game in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Are Cryx and Menoth ever gonna be in the new format?