Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I'm tempted to buy a Menoth battlebox but I really don't need yet another Revenger or Repenter. Wish the lights were multi-kit or there was ever a metal Vigilant just to be able to convert them to something I might ever need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

S.J. posted:

Why can't you just play for fun you terrible person

One side of that sounds like a blast.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Flavivirus posted:

Well bugger, I just picked up that battle box the other day and am already assembling my little troll dudes. What would be the best was of giving it some oomph?

Dire troll mauler. Preferably the awesome old metal sculpt.

+3 strength along with the Casters +2 is a huge swing and will let you trade lights for heavies.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
My experience with broken egg on recent(ish) stuff was fine after hearing horror stories from prior years.

Muse however has been nothing but top tier service and support so I always go there first.

Also John signed my MK2 Menoth book a few years ago despite looking painfully embarrassed by the joke at first. Hoping to get it signed by Don JaMeris if I ever end up at the same con again, just so the circle will be complete.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I don't even need to read to agree. Pigs are the best minions.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
High Reclaimer survives!

Was hoping for more with legion. A few really outstanding things, many meh things, and a lot of junk.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Iron Crowned posted:

In non-errata chat, which colossal-ish sized model should I get that would double as a work-desk decoration.

My current armies are Menoth, Circle, and Legion.

Archangel for looks. Still one of the best models PP has ever released.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Shadow ban all posters on the official forum.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

rydiafan posted:

Cryx are the good guys. They're the only faction whose ruler's sole goal is the elimination of as many dragons as possible from Immoren.

Nah, Everblight is all about dragon elimination without also wanting to burn your soul to fuel an abomination of steel and bone.

Come to Everblight, he welcomes all. Black or white, elf or dwarf, whatever your religion or nationally it does not matter. Truly a melting pot.

And once in the pot everyone is equal, taking part to form something better. And more bitey.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
That's pretty much how I feel about legion.

A lot of stuff I loved got strictly worse or way more expensiv. Also feels like there is a few very strong pieces surrounded by a whole lot of poo poo so those few strong just repeat with the warlock and some random bits being interchangeable.

Like, playing all beasts got worse but most of my infantry is really unappealing. I liked hex hunters but they got worse from MK2 -> MK3 and direct point cost overlap with other units.

Hoping that the living documents keep seeing a lot of positive changes like recent updates and the Skorne rebuild.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
The Legion themes are extremely disappointing. Especially compared to stuff like Cygnar and Menoth.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Iceclaw posted:

What's the issue with Legion in Mk3?

Most everything got worse, with old common staples like legionaries and lesser beasts getting completely dumpstered.

Beasts are costed much higher than Jacks and getting a favorable trade relies on your opponent making mistakes, especially when you lose speed on the carnivian chassis, have the same lovely 11/18 Stat line but no tenacity and spiney is self.

They're definitely pushing more combined arms but most of our infantry is just over costed and under performing, beasts are still fragile without really gaining anything, multiple warlocks got kicked around or just lost tricks.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
And don't get me wrong, the game is still cool and good so you should play.

It just feels like Legion did not make the MKIII transition super well so the few stand out competitive pieces just appear over and over while a lot of the faction could use some tweaking. Same boat as Cryx.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Ret can have nice things, I just want my dragon corrupted elves to not be poo poo.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
New Throne on CID is still not super exciting but I could at least imagine using it in a few lists as a big arm 20 pile of flying boxes to hide a caster behind. Still hoping for something more interesting to possibly come up.

And of course New Ret Nyss have me jealous.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

DJ Dizzy posted:

Buy it from someone else. Thats what I did.

A+ tutorial, would recommend as easy to follow with great results.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

S.J. posted:

No, I definitely do. :smug:

Then you're obviously confused about the word better.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
https://youtu.be/3mi9z-vEtfg

Video about magnetizing one of the Jack's

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I used to think it was impossible for a major gaming company to mangle a launch for a new version of a flagship product worse than GW did with age of sigmar but here we are.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

stabbington posted:

This has always been true, tbh. Matt's biggest goal in life is to be a Hollywood Guy and the art and miniatures were always a side gig. He doesn't give a poo poo, it's mostly a way to fund his hobby of making terrible movies.

Oh God, he's the Chris Roberts of tabletop gaming.

Warmachine & Hordes Thread Mk4: Cyriss Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Not a fan.

Looks more like something from Monsterpocalypse.