Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I just glued bits of pewter sprue into the base. Works ok. I did have the sword fall off, though. Not hard to pin back on, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

GoodBee posted:

Thanks! The metal is the part my brother gives me the most poo poo about since I just drybrush the hell out of it.

Drybrushing's a really useful and good technique for a lot of things! Nothing wrong with using the best tool for the job.

Fatman looks dope as hell.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I think the logic in way of caine was that the Llaelese monarchy wasn't 100% happy with Leto being king and was supporting nobles plotting against him with mercs, etc...

Spymaster McDickhead decided that meant he should go order him killed on the king's behalf. He's kindof a dickhead.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

rantmo posted:

Play-wise Cygnar is in an amazing place right now, having benefited greatly from the transition to mk3. Painting-wise they're fun, blue's a pretty forgiving color (though you'll want to change your water and clean your brushes really frequently because blue is unforgiving on bristles and will tint the water so much that it will change every other color you use) and the 'jacks are fun and really satisfying to paint. All the infantry seems either to have a lot of fiddly detail that I hate (gun mages) or lots of mold lines that are a pain in the rear end to clean off (storm knights) but that's scarcely unique to Cygnar. Swans own, play Swans.

Don't use a pthalo blue. Ultramarine is a way less strong pigment and will be less strong when tainting other colors.

PTHALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :argh:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

Shortened from pthalocyanine, the chemical used to give it its bright blue color

Pthalocyanines are a bunch of dyes that are used in blues and greens. They are really good at making things blue.

When I was doing traditional art, the advice about Pthalo paints was if you get even a speck in a mix you don't want tinged blue, just chuck it because you will never get rid of the blue tint. They weren't kidding. I have something of a personal vendetta against it, but it is a good pigment as long as you want things to be blue.

Fun fact: Apparently it was discovered because a chemical plant producing a related chemical was having trouble with all of their product being blue.

Blue.

(Mostly I'm just nerding out about a dumb thing that doesn't matter.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Captain doesn't let you move through trenchers. Does let you move through stormguard and junk, though.