Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

The minions card deck only has 2 razor boar cards. Seriously guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So can collossals and gargantuans move outside of their normal movement now? I keep hearing things that suggest this, but I'm not sure where to find the rules.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Korwen posted:

Are you still in Austin, and is this at Whose turn is it? I was thinking about hitting their Jouneyman kickoff event this weekend.

We're also starting a Journeyman at Great Hall Games in Austin this coming Thursday, if you're interested.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I went to a pretty big event last week and it was 15 Warmachine/4 Hordes, and only if you count the guy running the tourney and providing games for the bye in the count for Hordes.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I'm not saying that the meta will always be as it is now, but when planning my list my primary goal was 'Alpha a conquest off the board in one turn' and I had to rely on that functionality in game in 3/4 of the games I played.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

They still haven't quite figured out that the version of Gang Fighter Helga has needs to be different from the version she hands out, but otherwise a good set of corrections.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I've actually seen folks have lots of luck against more fragile factions like Cryx by sending in the caster to wrecks something and then using the feat to protect yourself.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

There are a lot of weird stuff that's not available at all or regionally right now. I can't get War Hogs in Texas, and the Minions elf solo sorceress is impossible to get.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I just removed all of the unit type restrictions and allowed them to drop one card worth of stuff between each week.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Why? There was a guy in our meta who had a similar thing happen, and it's because lots of people are new or coming back to the game for MK3.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

He's suggesting you use the baby warcaster as a sub for their new full caster version. So use Malakov 1 as a proxy for Malakov2, rather than worrying about Malakov2a or Malakov2b.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

S.J. posted:

Yeah that's my point. If you show up to a tournament, even the guys who bought the models early can't use them, because they aren't available for general release. That's been their policy since Mk2 at least. So there's literally no reason to complain about not being able to use your proxy (don't proxy in a tournament) for something that someone else can use, because they can't either.

That's not how PP handled them. They counted as general release from the first con sales.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?258203-GenCon-new-warcaster-ADR-clarification-tournament-legality

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

The change is bad. I got put on the spot because I really didn't want to allow them in my Journeyman because of unequal access, but ended up caving because people were really excited about playing them.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Finals in my local masters was Wurmwood/Tanith vs Wurmwood/Tanith

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Carnivore wrecks your corpse production though doesn't it?

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

If they could fix the cataphracts enough that I could actually sell them rather than having a vendor refuse to make me an offer because he was worried about insulting me that would be nice.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Not really, at least not in circle. Star-crossed 14s and in some cases 16s on heavy targets seems to be something they overlooked.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Being roughly equivalent and in many cases worse than sunhammer isn't really worth mentioning, so they didn't.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

While I agree that Wrong Eye and Snapjaw are likely targets for correction, but do you have some source of info for that? Also, is there going to be a few horrible weeks/months where Una2 is out and throws haven't been nerfed? Because that will be bad bad bad.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

They're top 5% in Circle, surely.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

At my recent masters event bird fueled assassination runs were a common tactic in all our top 8 circle pairings. Flank isn't going to be used against heavies, it's for killing your caster.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I don't think there's really anything in the game that I think you should be able to take more than 3 of. The problem with U is that there is a pretty broad band of 'not good' point costing that can be covered up by limiting the number of something you can take.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Una is just as dumb good as I thought she would be.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Mat 7 and powerup was an over correction of the fury/focus disparity. At 12 points a Juggernaut is criminally undercosted compared to most beasts, and it's not even the one that people are spamming.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

As a minions player, a juggernaut costs less than: 4 micro-pigs OR 2 bonepiles or 3 bullsnappers.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Okay then the only minions value heavy is the blindwalker, functionally an arc node that requires you to pay to use it and damages you with each use, with mat 5 and 2 pow 14 hits at 12 points.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 7, 2016

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Grolar great with Sorscha1, where you can just get tons of autohitting shots after the charge. Not sure about if I'd take it with other casters.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kaya+3+reposition

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

A large base is 50mm, or 1.97 inches. This means you have to deviate at least 1/2(1.97)(distance from center point to edge of base)+2(half the 4' template) or 2.985 inches to miss it. So your opponent was right.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

All the models under the template are hit, so it should stagger them all. The missing 's' strikes me as less important than the missing word 'directly' which would indicate only the target you rolled an attack against.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I've had more friend quit the game due to the pressure to paint than I've had friends who joined because of paint jobs.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Dual attack explicitly calls out that you can shoot and power attack. With the ability to make a pile of P+S 18 attacks, I honestly think it's one of the better battle engines if compared in a vacuum.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 30, 2016

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I'd say that the gator engine has really suffered from the shift away from single wound infantry, and 1d3 attacks on something that expensive is both 1) sort of insulting and 2)something they appear to have noticed and fixed with many of other engines.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So it's officially reached the point where I'm annoyed that themes don't work in War Room. Can Tinker Room seriously not do a new theme list in more than a month? The Farrow theme must have gone to print more than a month ago and Troll theme maybe even earlier.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

The ability to apply starcrossed to factions that shouldn't have it, primarily circle. Def 14 or Def 16 warpwolves under starcrossed are stupidly sturdy.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I think minions are in a good place, but posse aren't on the weak side, they're so bad they might as well not exist.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

You absolutely need to play sneaky snake with Arkadius. You can bring him up to Def 16 with Forced Evolution and then layer starcrossed on top of it.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Yes, but then you'd have to play Helga, which I personally have been unable to make work. I think she's just incompatible with my play style.
Also, that story seems to suggest Rorsch is slowly upping his fury rating, and as someone who can't wait for Wrongeye/Snapjaw2 and Rorsch/Brine2, full caster editions, that makes me excited.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 21, 2016

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like they snuck the troll and farrow theme forces into the War Room update too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So I got a second War Room update today, I still don't have access to the bokur, plus now it's calculating the Thornfall Theme points wrong so all of my lists are shown as over points. It doesn't appear to be smart enough to make the 2 most expensive options the ones you take for free and instead chooses them based on some unclear underlying logic.