Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Skorne writeup should just be a fart sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Add a countdown clock in the OP to when mk3 will actually be in stock.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The new flank ruling makes me feel really bad for the great bears.

Great bears literally can't be in a sorscha1 list anymore. Because if you freeze a guy they lose flank. But not just that, if you use any of khador's knockdown tech, like the new field guns or the new mat 7 kodiak, you're hosed.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So my LGS has been sitting on a circle all-in-one that no one ever bought, and all their mk2 stock is going to 50% off.

Should I get it? I'm not sure if I'd even be that interested in circle but I do want to try a faster hard hitting playstyle and see what it's like.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Anyone else notice that the two walls in the battlebox are different lengths, and both are different from the mk2 wall template?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Now that I have my battlebox, what the gently caress is with kozlov's sculpt?

Why is his cape just dangling from one of his shoulders and upper arm and not on his back? The entire weight of it is just flapping around from his arm, and it has scaled armor on the back like an IFK cape.

It's like he's carrying around a shower curtain with metal sewn into one side of it.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 2, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

Are strakhov and karchev still stuck in some tunnel

Yes, they have been there for the last three years.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Trying to help someone out with a troll journeyman. So far it's a very warmachine-heavy league it looks like. I think other than him there's 1 circle and 1 skorne, the other 8 are warmachine. So I figure a slag troll could work week 2.

Here's what I've come up with.

Week 2: Slag troll
Week 3: Mauler
Week 4: Champs + Skaldi, Lanyssa
Week 5: Either min stone + elder, or full stone. Choice of solo.
Week 6: Full stone, 2 more solos

The 3 solos I'm thinking are champ hero, runebearer, chronicler. Don't know about the order of them or if those are going to be the definite choice.

Another option is putting the slag troll onto horgle, replacing the champ hero. That saves a point which can turn lanyssa into something like janissa, pendrake, or maximus.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 2, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I have a pair of feldherr cases I use, and that's enough to carry 3 lists in pretty well. I think I can fit all of my khador infantry, plus drakhun and all of my jacks that matter.

It's basically a cardboard box with a handle that has 2 trays in it with slots for 36 small base models each, and a pluck foam tray that I'm comfortably able to fit 8-10 large bases in. The second pluck foam tray fits my magnetized mammoth once disassembled pretty easily. I've cut out a lot of the small compartments, removing walls between them to let me fit in medium base models or stuff like pikemen that won't fit in a normal slot. They were $35 each iirc. I wouldn't take them on a plane or anything but they've held up just fine for over a year now being put in my trunk and driven places.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Looking at my case now, I was able to fit in 7 khador jacks, drakhun, 2 of my rhulic heavies, my winter guard mortar, and 3 skorne heavies in one of them. The pluck foam tray is deep enough for a light and smaller heavy sculpts (like the metal kodiak) to be in it standing up, most heavies need to be on their side.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Journeyman league report:

I took Khador. Each match I put fury on the juggernaut and tactical supremacy on the decimator, and sometimes chosen ground on kozlov.

First two matches were vs cygnar. Third against Circle, fourth against Menoth.

In each of the matches, the decimator did almost all of the work. With beat back and tactical supremacy he was able to pump two pow 15s downrange and be 14 inches away from the target at the end of it. That and my +2 speed feat meant I was dominating the threat range game and had more ranged output. Vs cygnar and menoth I was able to do significant damage by plugging away at light warjacks until he moved stuff close enough to engage. It was a little trickier with circle because of how hard they are to hit, and circle was my only loss because I forgot about admonition. So when I feated and charged in the pureblood slipped away and they ate the juggernaut alive.

Vs cygnar and menoth though, since I outthreated them with charges and range, they invariably took the alpha each game. Fury on the juggernaut is enough to kill anything in one go. I was also able to pull off a reverse biscuit on the revenger, put the juggernaut to where he was mostly behind the revenger but toed into the front arc, took a swing and was pushed back, then the rest of the swings were back arc and it died quickly.

Beth has some serious game on feat turn. The menoth caster, though? What the gently caress does he even do in a battlebox? The flamethrower and his fire spell have an additional die on damage, and that's about it for his feat. The decimator's first shot was boosted and broke the repenter's flamethrower arm anyway so kozlov was never in danger.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 4, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Aren't they both 19 points?

But yeah gently caress Torch

Torch is 18.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I recently played my khador journeyman into the ret one and wasn't impressed. Def 12 lights get smooshed, and the manticore's gun isn't very scary to arm 20. Kozlov's speed buffing feat meant that I could approach fast and get in there. Def 12 meant I put my berserker into his stuff and could still hit. Manticore had to get in range of my own gun to shoot me, and boostable pow 15 does a lot to arm 18. I threw his griffon at the manticore to unjam my decimator and shot the manticore up. Next turn, put two more decimator rounds and the berserker into it, killed it, berserked into a nearby chimera and blew up, dropping the chimera to 3 boxes. I've been using a lot more throws this edition I've found, putting a 4 dice pow 12 onto the griffon was nice.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 11, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
From the Oath thread, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Edit: I'm aware the head is on upside down, I had built it like 4 months ago and didn't pay attention until it was mostly painted

But I like the pattern of it even if that's not how it's supposed to look

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 1, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I think the sentinel is solidly an ADR piece. It's a nice thing to have vs legion, since it shoots up legion beasts nicely while being largely immune to return fire, and makes your caster corrosion immune. Otherwise I wouldn't touch it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Makeda1 turns it into an arm23 shield guard and fixes its' MAT.

Why does a pow 14 heavy need mat fixing

Why would you suggest makeda 1

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So, this is what I want to run for kingmaker's army.

(Damiano 1) Captain Damiano [+28]
- Rocinante [18]
- Nomad [11]
- Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan [4]
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (max) [17]
Steelhead Heavy Cavalry (max) [18]
Steelhead Riflemen (max) [14]
Steelhead Halberdiers (max) [11]
Dirty Meg [3]
- Talon [7]
Stannis Brocker [0]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [0]
Kell Bailoch [0]

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I feel like journeyman malakov is stronger than warcaster malakov

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What if kossites and manhunters with treewalker are the secret anti-wurmwood tech that will change the meta

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

What's his advantage over Fenris? Is the extra power on the attack really worth losing the second weapon and the movement? It seems like Fenris is always the first guy on a horse, then Drakhun is the nearly as good but slightly worse second one.

I like him because of the arm 20, it's pretty great. They have to devote their anti-warjack attacks at him. He's super tanky, and if he's prevented from charging for some reason he's rat 6 with a pow 14 gun which can be solid. He only loses 1 inch over Fenris. Also, countercharge is loving amazing for him, and he's steady.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Going to be playing this list later. I bought a second drakhun specifically for something like this, can't wait to try it. Jack marshalled berserker is pretty solid I've found if it has the right buff, I've been running Irusk1 in the journeyman league and put superiority on it with crush and it annihilates while being super disposable. Assail giving free charges and extra movement should be nice as well.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b31b77eYeQ7Qgd7Y7W8t8q7l8p8p

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

!!! Your army contains a pre-release entry.

(Vladimir 2) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion [+27]
- Rager [11]
- Ruin [17]
Man-O-War Shocktroopers (max) [16]
- Man-o-War Shocktrooper Officer [4]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (max) [13]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Man-O-War Kovnik [5]
- Berserker [8]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]

Because of HoF, I might not need joe. In which case I might either replace him with a manhunter, or turn the rager into a marauder so I can take eliminators. But then, bears strength does make winter guard into unexpected feat targets.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Sure, but Malakov doesn't have desperate pace, and if he dies the berserker goes inert. I use the berserker as something that's pretty expendable, and I don't think malakov does enough on his own to be given an expendable warjack. Wheras the kovnik gives me enough mileage out of desperate pace and the occasional slam. A boosted hand cannon is great but I really like what the kovnik brings.

Anyway, berserker + redline with powerup focus is nearly identical to assail + jack marshal, so malakov only pulls ahead when he's allocating more focus to it and risking an explosion, and allocating more focus means he's not outputting much with his hand cannon or he's not camping much. Another benefit is that the berserker on the marshal ignores cortex hits, which is good since it only has 2 boxes. I have a cygnar-heavy meta and so I can send him at a lancer and not worry too much, and disruption does nothing. Redline's damage on the other hand can quickly start to hurt considering the berserker is already fragile.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 23, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I plan on trying it both ways. First with the berserker, then later I'll replace the berserker with elims and a war dog to see what I like better. Berserker has consistently been a really solid piece though in my journeyman list list, with 3 jacks, 2 drakhuns, and 7 manowars on the field it should turn into a definite box skew.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I want to make a Damiano kingmaker list with steelhead cavalry and get their solo for free.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So because of minimarket's summer sale, I now own alexia1.

What kind of mischief can they get into with valachev? Spell warded, so no upkeeps or battle lust or anything. So what feats and other stuff go well with them?

Unlike total obedience, Irusk1's feat doesn't specify living and so could clog the field with supertough jams. Malakov can give them prowl or backstab, and have a huge amount of sucker targets. Zerkova2 can give them two zephyrs and a free craft thrall, or a zephyr and a charge. And sacrificial lamb doesn't target so can be used on risen.. Anyone else that could work with them?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 24, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Huh, that's brilliant. What kind of upkeeps would be good for that? I don't think I'd want Fury because I want to keep her at def 14. Occultation or Silence of Death maybe. Iron Flesh would mean they can't get wiped out by blasts. Whatever it is needs to be something I can upkeep, because I don't want to waste alexia's activations on advancing back into formation past turn 1. SInce you have to deploy in formation, I'd have to deploy them in formation, then run her out turn 1 and have something cast on the unit, then turn 2 she won't be able to activate.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 24, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Luebbi posted:

Off the top of my head, this is the only case where I'd be calling my opponent out for abusing rules as written. The unit is very obviously not mesnt to receive any spell buffs; if my opponent would pull that crap on me, I'd end the game (outside of a tournament).

If it wasn't meant to receive buffs, it wouldn't be "granted". You could kill alexia off entirely and have 20 grunts that could be buffed however you want if that's your thing. Doing this trick means alexia is losing at least one activation, she's either not advancing as far up the field as you want or not getting off a create thrall.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Luebbi posted:

If Rhupert wasn't meant to give Pathfinder to Warjacks, he'd surely only be able to give it to warrior models! Oh wait...

It's a new edition with tons of new cards, I'm sure some of the intricacies weren't tested/realized and will be changed with the next couple erratas. That's not to say that you as a player shouldn't use the options available to you - it's up to the designers to make changes as warranted or needed.

They could have buffs cast on them in mk2 and that didn't break the game. I don't know why it would make a difference. "Granted" is a very specific choice for the unit. Remember, the unit actually lost potency in the transition because of them losing arcane disjunction and alexia losing a point of defense.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Pretty sure timed turns was invented by Hitler. You wouldn't want to support Hitler would you?

Germanic people invented the clock, this checks out

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Did some editing to my vlad list, decided I may as well put elims in since deep down I know it's the right choice. So here's what I've got right now.

(Vladimir 2) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion [+27]
- Ruin [17]
- Marauder [10]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Man-O-War Shocktroopers (max) [16]
- Man-o-War Shocktrooper Officer [4]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (max) [13]
Manhunter [4]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Kovnik [5]

Marauder and manhunter, or rager and war dog? Assail gives combo smite more distance which is nice, and he's a big brick of cheap arm 20 34 boxes.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 26, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Crazy Ferret posted:

I think you should try to do one good deed a day. Its good for the soul.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b91bg26r4D5G6A6N6vcv4i6w5SeI5V

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Xekaar 1) Beast Master Xekaar [+31]
- Agonizer [7]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Aptimus Marketh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunners [9]
Praetorian Keltarii (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

This is what I'm thinking for my first few Skorne games in MK3 since I want to try Xekaar out. Love that model! Its mostly trying out some new stuff that I did not get to use much in Mk2 like Keltarii and the Bloodrunners. Marketh seems like a good fit as Deadweight and Mortality are strong, and if anything a chance to use Marketh cause I don't see a lot of good places for him lately. I hope to get in some games this weekend.

I'm not sure what the soulward's role is. Could drop it to replace saxon with a tycom, and put the extra point into a gobber chef or something.

I'm not sold on a list that has the bronzeback and less than 3 other titans, I would use an aradus soldier instead. I'd only really take it over an aradus in this gun-happy meta if I could leverage the poo poo out of its leadership.

I'm definitely not a fan of marketh because of the price, but you want to use him so whatever.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I've been wondering about min units of demo corps and bombardiers.

I've been having a ton of success with my shock troops + officer + kovnik brick. And I'm wondering if putting another 9 points in for 3 demo corps, or 10 for 3 bombardiers, will help with that. 16 armor 8 boxes is non-trivial to get through, and they can compliment the shock troopers pretty well. Demo corps are cheap and still hit like trucks, bombardiers can shoot over the shock troopers heads. I don't think full units is the way to go with them, but 3-man squads can add some nice stuff to the list. Looking forward to the manowar theme lists to see if this would be worth investing in, since right now I just have my shock trooper squad, 2 drakhuns, a kovnik, and an extra metal model I used to use when I was running 2 min unit during my butcher1 tier days, and now use to proxy the officer.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Discount games is breaking up battle boxes now, $13 for any of the casters and $17 for the rest of the battlegroup. $5 shipping. I can finally get xekaar without owning a third savage and a second raider.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
(Sorscha 1) Kommander Sorscha [+29]
- Rager [11]
- Behemoth [24]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]
-Holden the last (Courage) [4]
Widowmaker Marksman [4]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Alten Ashley [5]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [5]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One [4]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]

This is going to be dumb, and I expect my list to collapse quickly with just the winter guard holding ground, but gently caress it.

Edit: I realize that I need reinholdt here to deal with stealth. Do I drop gorman or versh?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 1, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

Gorman if you don't really need Blind, a cloud, or run against too many hordes lists to need Rust. But blind is still really good - -3 def on high def infantry helps sorscha freezing grip the rest of them without needing to boost. Likewise for trying to focus down a caster. But then again, sorscha has freezing grip, tempest if you're feeling wild, and her feat, so fixing to hit really as much of an issue. The immunities are neat but considering his stats it doesn't really matter much if he gets in the thick of it to grenade somebody - OTOH stealth + immunities make him really valuable for scenario play where zones/flags are spread out. Corrosion is pretty cool, if they have enough clumped infantry to get it.

Versh on the other hand can really punish a spellcaster or upkeeped unit, but due to premeasuring I've never seen witch hunter go off in mk3. He's good for some really lovely shooting at an OK range if there's no upkeeps. On the plus side he has stealth and spell ward so he's a bit harder to kill I guess. Maybe the psychological factor of him being on the table has more benefit than Gorman

I'm half awake and rambling so take it with a grain of salt.

My friend has mentioned he's going to be playing Trolls in our store's narrative league, if that makes a difference. He's my most common opponent.

The other things I'm most likely to see are Menoth, Cygnar, Circle, and Khador. With maybe some Skorne, Ret, and Cryx if those guys ever show up.

I'll have a variety of lists eventually, this is just the first one I plan to play. I wouldn't want to fight circle with this, or menoth really because of passage.

Speaking of circle which caster would be best for a dumb list with yuri, manhunters, and kossites?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 1, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Malakov2 or Vlad2. Malakov can give your kossites Backstab which is hilarious, whereas Vlad2 turns your manhunters into shitkicking murder monsters.

Sadly, the backstab thing won't work because he'd have to get 5 inches from an ambushing unit which seems unlikey. Vlad2 is fun though, and I was thinking Vlad1 for s&p on the shooting.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
If witch hunter breaks a beast's spirit (there are some badly armored lights out there) does that make the animus fizzle?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
A friend has been bitching about how OP khador is and has challenged me to play his cygnar v my khador.

Thinking of doing a maddox list, wanted some input. I have minimal experience here.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11bfNeO9c9yaj9zan9HadfM9N

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

(Maddox 1) Major Beth Maddox [+30]
- Dynamo [18]
- Firefly [8]
- Lancer [10]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Sentinel [8]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
- Stormclad [18]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Arcane Tempest Rifleman [4]
Long Gunner Infantry (min) [11]

My idea is that you've got the stormclad that with 2 focus and crush kills anything, storm lances that are hard to drop with dauntless resolve, AS on dynamo helps shore up its weakness while I put assail on stormclad, and snipe on a min unit of long gunners seems like solid infantry clearing. I like the idea of arcing her disrupt spell around, though with all those upkeeps is hard and I might want to go with something else there. Maybe replacing the rifleman with sylys.

The long gunners are definitely expensive, but not sure what to take vs infantry since I don't want to rely just on leaps. Gun mage maybe? Less range and no cra or dual attack, but higher rat and thunderbolt or critical brutal.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 2, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Do you have any idea what your bitchboy friend is going to be playing? As a Khador player who has to listen to people piss and moan aboit the faction being unbeatable every week I really want you to thrash him with his cygnar.

I will say as a Khador player I've never felt threatened by storm lances. If stormblades are available I'd probably take them instead, or take another Heavy jack.

Yeah stormblades are available but arm 20 5 box tough that gets a pow 18 charge on feat turn seems legit. They're way more capable at getting there, a good mortar or behemoth hit will drop a lot of stormblades. Or hell, just some widowmakers. Plus if he takes inf they can do real well with leaps. I can snipe them and have my firefly run up, then unload the lances into it to really wipe out solos and stuff with pow 12 leaps without putting my lances in danger. With reposition they can end their turn 15 inches away from the firefly.

He was talking about taking a list like my sorscha sniper list, but considering how much he bitched about how good our jacks are (and about how my shock troopers crushed his dumb rear end when I charged them at ironclads with assault) I'd say it's equally likely to be fighting a light inf force or a big block of jacks and manowar.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I think dynamo is really awesome but a second stormclad is probably the way to go, yeah. He does have a stormblade captain if I want to drop the Sentinel. No laddermore though because he doesn't actually own storm lances, I'm using my steelhead cav as proxies.

He has been using siege against me in the journeyman but beth is just more interesting.

So it could be something like this

Cygnar Army - 74 / 75 points

(Maddox 1) Major Beth Maddox [+30]
- Stormclad [18]
- Ironclad [12]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Long Gunner Infantry (min) [11]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Firefly [8]
Arcane Tempest Rifleman [4]
Stormblade Captain [5]
- Stormclad [18]