Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

jubelio posted:

I think that there is room to be annoyed by dumb stuff and still have a 'fine' game. They are definitely opening themselves up to more scrutiny by promising shorter ruling cycles if they dont deal with the bullshit though.

They aren't actually promising shorter cycles though. We've had a summerish and winterish errata cycle for a few years now, with short interruptions when something needed fixing quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

It would be a real nice stealth apology to Mercnar if Magnus 3 made mercs friendly faction to cygnar.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Spoilers from prime: They recount the tale of Goreshade leading an assault on the fane of scyrah that happened sometime during the time jump. They are deliberately vague because its going to be a skull island novel, but it says that in this dire time, Scyrah showed she still has great power and performs some miracle. Then, "an as yet unnamed champion of Scyrah" drove the undead from the fane. Combined with a new line in Vyros's bio about how recent events making it unlikely he will get his vengeance on Goreshade, good money says she Rezes Goreshade humbling him in the process and turning him back to Ios' side.

I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

So Caine 3 will probably be a merc
Magnus 3 will probably be Cygnar
Goreshade 4 will be Ret

I wonder what other shenanigans are in store

Would be interesting if a Khadoran caster became a Menite, and maybe Feora ousts Kreoss after Severius dies and he fucks off back to Khador. and then they can raise Severius as a Cryx caster and everyone gets one.

it's a lot harder to find any swaps in hordes tho.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Thinking about it, a Croak warlock that allies itself with the trollbloods in the subcontinent they're moving to could be an interesting partisan warlock for trolls.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

In reply to the"what is in magnus's future", Seacat has already said that the beginning of mk3 is going to see Magnus and Stryker leading a force to Llael to try and liberate it from khador. Whether this is still in his capacity as a merc or as a part of Cygnar is unknown though.

Beginning of Flashpoint Spoilers: Magnus is made a general in the cygnaran army

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

rantmo posted:

Do we know when Flashpoint is being published? I'm really ready to go all-in on the MKIII storyline.

I think sometime this month? It was pre released at lock and load, where I got it. Was really good.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

The date I was given was July 13th, but I have nothing but word of mouth backing that up.

My biggest concern is that this is the first true Mk.3 fluff book and it will set the entire tone for what the universe of Mk.3 is going to be like. Blood of Kings was an excellent closer on a very major story.

Oh thank merciful Christ.

Can you tell me if it's written better than Blood of Kings? Doug Seacat is more of a "good enough" writer than a "good" writer in my opinion.

Hmmm. Well its written by Aeryn Rudel I think. I enjoyed it more than blood of kings, I don't know if I would say its better written though. I also binged it on a comfy chair at Lock and Load while waiting for the edition to start so who knows for real.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I hate that I'm probably going to buy a battlefoam tournament bag. 75 bucks is kind of too good to pass up at that price.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

w00tmonger posted:

Go with KR. Do it

I am well aware how good KR is, I use it for my trolls and minions, I'm just poor as poo poo as it is.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I like that the official response from PP thus far on the confusion on the size of walls not being defined anywhere in prime is to go with the wall sizes specified in prime.

Which, for those of you paying attention, don't exist.

:suicide:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

The ongoing Walls problem is making me mad. Apparently prime refers to the Basic Training guide from the battleboxes that 90% of people probably threw out, and the wall template in there is 1/4th an inch shorter than the wall templates we have been using for forever, for reasons.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I think maybe a large part of the problem is PP hasn't had a loving editor for literally months.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Going from 7 years of trolls into ret is one hell of a culture shock. Helynna is some crazy poo poo too.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

That may be true, but its also been something that PP has been upfront about CoC since the beginning about, and I also think releasing more standalone factions would be interesting than the forever creep of the main 9 + mercs and minions, especially if the upcoming faction is added onto that.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

DC also has left PP entirely, so CoC players hoping for more releases are probably going to be really sad in the long run.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

so how are the new theme books going to work, the NQ article wasn't parsing right in my brain for some reason

like, are tehy going to be actual book releases or what

i guess they said they'd make an announcement shortly after Mk3 dropped adn the new no quarter is in two weeks so

The theme forces are going to be actual book releases. They haven't really been fully upfront about it yet, especially when lock and load was the perfect place to do it, but I suspect the theme force books are gonna replace the anthology books as the main method of delivering new models. They're going to contain entries for all the existing models that will work for that theme, as well as brand new ones. the new ones may or may not be exclusive to the theme, they were kind of unclear. Thinking of them as subfractions wouldn't be off the mark, going for a more wider view of the game rather than just pumping out standard fare stuff forever.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Yeah, I don't really like Jason Soles as the sole game designer, but I don't feel the need to poo poo on him to his proverbial face when he's trying to engage with the community.

Man is a creepy fucker though, I will say that.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Every single person that believed that the Piper and Fell Yeller's March was changed, while Runewood's and I think someone elses wasn't, and didn't think it was just a typo in this release full of typos was being willfully ignorant, and is one of the many reasons I hate those forums.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

Personally I'm struggling to feel like Mk3 is a real upgrade over Mk2. Feels more like a sidegrade or something.

That's because that's exactly what it is.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

So apparently the Warmachine upgraded juniors are all getting collectors boxes pre releases at gen con.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

susan posted:

Weird semantics question: Will the new Aaikos (et al) be Aaikos2? Even though it's the first Aaikos Warcaster, technically, kind of? Or will the new Aaikos be Aaikos1, and his previous iteration be Aaikos Jr? This is a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION (probably only to me).

I am certain they will be Aaikos2 et al. They have been called so specifically by PP staff.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

rkajdi posted:

Have they said what the plan for Fianna, the Legion character, is yet? She never was a caster since that would give them two and only Cygnar gets that. So she was stuck as a "super solo" who never was that super. Are they planning on at least making her a Lesser Warlock now?

She's going to be a full warlock, Everblight warlocks don't really have a junior training phase, see Kyrssa. They just sorta get the Anthanc in the chest.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

GoodBee posted:

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming collectors box is a battlegroup and I could use some more merc jacks.

Hungerford confirms he isn't, and you shouldn't assume that. the Haley box was her, some pins and a book. Neither was the butcher or kromac boxes. It's probably going to just be the caster, the cards and pin like they said on primecast.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Crazy Ferret posted:

Where was this confirmed? I'm curious as my lil group is saying that was a mistake, should have been 6 in the cast. Also, I was told I had someone lined up to ninja a Gastone at the con for me. I checked his Twitter and made a brief run over to the PP forums but did not see anything.

I will be super sad if Mercs don't get a new MK3 caster.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?256918-OFFICIAL-Primecast-34-is-Live!&p=3612318&viewfull=1#post3612318

Don't worry, you're probably getting Caine3.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I doubt we're going to see a points level change, tho I feel like 80 would literally be the best of both worlds.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

The biggest thing that has troubled me about feeling like Jason Soles/PP has no idea what they're doing is that the laundry list of things nerfed does more or less line up with things that people only took because of themes.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I can't look at Malakov2 and not see someone repeatedly canceling a jump animation.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Wizard Styles posted:

Elara is not what I expected, but I'm down.

I wonder how many of the promoted juniors on the Hordes side are going to have Scything Touch.

Also, no Gastone? I think there hasn't been a single non-Cephalyx merc caster release in the time I've been playing this game.

Good money says at least the legion caster. Maybe Una but they just got one in Tanith.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

Scything Touch is an absolutely ridiculous ball buster in ret, holy poo poo

*Sound of effective P+S 16 Halbs coming screaming at you from 15 inches away*

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

rydiafan posted:

*Sound of them instantly dying to my gator battle engines.*

:smuggo:

:argh:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Every release makes me madder at Madrak3.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It wouldn't make sense to me for a warcaster to get a warlock model. And there's so way a non Merc minion is getting partisan.

She is confirmed to have once been a part of the circle in the fluff. She can do warlock stuff. She can probably do whatever she wants.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Cyclomatic posted:

Come on, the entire faction is blatant Malifaux envy from Soles.

PP at large seems to have Malifaux envy, as even the new steamroller sounds like it is trying to be much closer to Malifaux's Gaining Grounds, with higher scoring and limited turns. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a knock-off of the scheme pool in steamroller 2018.

Not that is a bad thing, since Malifaux is more or less just a Better Product than WM/H if the player is OK with skirmish sized games.

You really should look into Jason Soles. The man has been a weirdo for this aesthetic since before Malifaux existed. Find his deviantart page it's full of tiny bird skull poo poo too. It's alot less let me rip off Malifaux and alot more "gently caress DC and that faction he made, I'm gonna make a whole better faction out of poo poo I like"

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

Not gonna lie if this visual trasheap gets a lot more love and attention than the actually awesome Convergence I will be super salty. Why did DC have to go and Soles have to stay :(

Because Soles is a part owner and DC challenged him too much.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Menoth are the good guys for real tho which is hilarious and good

You misspelled Cygnar friend, unfortunately.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

Only 2 heavies in the faction:
Skin and bones - Reach spd 6 heavy. POW 16, gets stronger with corpses.
Cage Rager - Defensive, arcane denial. Tankier than Skin and Bones, SPD 4. Support heavy.

This is dumb. This is real dumb.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

And a unit of POW 7 AP cav (infantry hitting Khador jacks at dice - 3 is not a bad start). They're meant to be an dude focused faction; it was repeated a number of times through the cast that their infantry is the real strength.

Yes, and mark 3 contains a metric gently caress ton of infantry hate and a requirement to take a bunch of points in beasts.

Also, as a long time troll player lol @ protective aura battle engine good luck with that.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

chutche2 posted:

So a lot of their casters are just going to run at minimum beast points with the arcane vortex guy, and either some lights or some shield guard lessers. So what? That's 75 points of fantastic infantry.

Like I just said, there is a lot more infantry hate this edition and also you should wait till the end of the CID before calling anything fantastic. Also, without variety in list building poo poo will get old quick.

Also, 2 heavies seems lazy as poo poo considering almost everything else they put out is a multi kit these days. Just come up with another set of arms or some poo poo and give people list building options.

I'm not saying its gonna be bad, I'm saying its not well thought out given this is a limited faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

To be more complete, when Goreshade met Nyssor, Nyssor said that he was closer to the truth than the rest of Ios, but missing a few very important details.

My hypothesis on this has always been that yes Scyrah and Nyssor have to die, but like Morrow and Thamar some elves need to ascend to godhood to fill their void.