Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I searched long and hard for this and was hoping I could get in on the first page.

I still can't find the forum meltdown posts since the old forums were nuked, but here was the official PP response to people losing their poo poo over torturing the Skorne agonizer ( a baby titan), and why you should play skorne even if we are nerfed.

quote:

Originally Posted by PPS Doug
I'm glad to see people are feeling a visceral and emotional reaction to the Agonizer. It is an effective piece, and if it makes you feel sad to look upon it, congratulations in being human and having empathy. The skorne are not human, and I think nothing better represents the inherently alien aspects of their culture than this particular "weapon". For those interested in learning more about the skorne, I hope you'll take the opportunity to pick up the Monsternomicon 2, which includes a sizable piece of material on their empire, history, and philosophies. (If you picked up the IKWG to learn more about the world, then this will serve a similar function to you.) I think we succeeded in making the skorne an interesting, rich, and dynamic culture which has its own internal logic, consistency, and a certain resonance. I also think that while they are inhuman, there are human cruelties to equal anything they have done.

I can't speak for Matt Wilson, if he wants to post on the topic I'm sure he will. But I will say I think there was a general feeling among a number of the designers that we hadn't entirely conveyed on an emotional level the darkness of the skorne. Evolution expands each of the factions and shines light into various aspects of each, and in some cases that light shines on an uncomfortable place. This is intentional. This is not done for pure shock value or to cause controversy, but is a more detailed exploration of the subject matter. If this is the model that finally conveys to many people the real brutality and darkness of skorne civilization, than I'd say the model is a success. You should indeed want to destroy your skorne opponent all the more in the game.

Imagine the feelings of those watching the advance of these invaders, seeing their loved ones chained and enslaved to be dragged off across the Bloodstone Marches. Imagine the resolution the soldiers feel as they face this enemy knowing full well the consequences of their failure. All of the men and women defending Cygnar's eastern border fortresses, all of the trollkin who have had to give ground before the skorne advance, each of them can visualize the horror of what life might be like if they fail and the skorne succeed. They can visualize what their lands would be like under the lash of these inhuman tyrants from across the impossible wastes of the east, and it is a horror they will give their lives to prevent. In our miniature games we enjoy humor and levity but we also know that war can be hell and we attempt to present conflicts where there are serious consequences to the battles at hand. It is a fictional setting, but one into which we have invested considerable time and energy. In the context of the setting, in the clashes between these factions, there are sometimes very high stakes at hand. In some cases these battles are not just squabbles over territory, in some cases we are facing clashes of incompatible philosophies, of the possible extinction of species or religions, threats to the immortal soul, or battles where the participants are fighting tooth and nail for the right merely to exist. If this provokes thought and emotion, all the better.

Each clash between different factions has a different gravitas. It is significant in Superiority that Khador and Cygnar, bitter rivals and hated foes as they may be, have occasionally put aside their differences to deal with Cryx. In HORDES one can see why even though the Trollbloods and the Circle are engaged in bloody retributive clashes over certain betrayals, their conflicts pale in comparison with the desperate war for survival forced on the trollkin when the skorne first crashed against them. Evolution should hopefully bring new perspective to these wars between the HORDES factions. Some elements may disturb you, and that is as it should be. If the thought of Tharn cannibalism bothers you, that's probably a good thing. If the Agonizer spurs an instinctive response that you want to put the poor thing out of its misery and wipe your adversary's paingivers off the table in retaliation, excellent. I feel my own sense of outrage and tremendous loss over what has happened to the entire Nyss culture at the hands of Everblight, and find it feels particularly satisfying when I defeat them in a game.

There are shades of gray in every faction and moments of sympathy even with the "bad guys". The Agonizer is not one of them. You may feel sympathy for Makeda, for example, and recognize in her a certain admirable nobility of character. Yet it is important to understand that she does not arise from a culture you would recognize or sympathize with. She has sworn her loyalty to one of the darkest villains of the modern age. Her people have taken a number of dubious paths, and one of those has given rise to weapons derived from the enslavement and torment of otherwise peaceful and surprisingly intelligent herbivores. There are skorne who have admirable qualities, but ultimately they are a cruel and pragmatic people whose morality is alien to most humans of western Immoren. Yet at the same time we also know within our setting that humans are capable of their own darkness, their own incalculable cruelties and evil. Fortunately there are also those who are willing to fight against such things and who can find a spark of nobility even amid the darkness. There can't be proper heroism without the opportunity to oppose villainy. Pick a faction, have fun playing either a hero or a villain or something in between. Assemble and paint the models you like and throw yourself into the middle of the battle.

Which then led to the infamous happy titan picture post.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-6/04/2010-matt-dipietro

Agonizer-Gate 6 - 30 - 2007. Never forget. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

Cross-posting my Fatman from the Oath thread:

He looks good man. I love that metal.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Not gonna be a tournament winner, but I expect this list to be fun unless I am facing all the AOEs ever.

War Room Army

Skorne - All Stealth

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Lord Assassin Morghoul - WB: +29
- Aradus Soldier - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Aradus Soldier - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8
- Cyclops Raider - PC: 9

Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4
Void Spirit - PC: 4
Totem Hunter - PC: 6
Croak Hunter - PC: 4

Paingiver Bloodrunners - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 06/30/2016 23:00:14
BUILD ID : 2021.16-06-25

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

fnordcircle posted:

Even AoS didn't lead to a ton of fire sales. For everyone bitching about Skorne being hot garbage there's probably at least one other person happily growing their army.

That person is me. All I need to complete my pokemon craze of gotta catch all the Skorne models is a Siege Animantarax. Surely someone has one they want to get rid of.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I think I got a new player in our local meta, but it took everything short of me just saying "you win!" to pull it off. I don't know if the Trolls battle box is that bad but holy poo poo, the poor guy had like terrible rolls for damage. I have never had a Gladiator tank a battle group, and I have never had to try so hard to throw a game, even non WMH. It seriously wasn't even the players fault.

The guy picked the game up pretty darn fast and I saw him talking to the store owner about buying a unknown army box.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

S.J. posted:

A lot of lists I'm making have 1 shield guard per turn and often two. Sometimes I think I'd be okay with a third.

Yup. And then I think I need more heavy hitters, so I delete a shield guard or two.

And then I realize I need more shield guards, so i add them back.

And then 2 hours later I still have no list.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So from the minions forums,

When asked about being a minions purist (all pigs or all gators)

"PPS_Hungerford posted:

Yup, and that with each new Theme Force book there will be new models released each time. Thus, when the Gator book and the Farrow book come out for example, expect a sweet deluge of new Minion goodness. (sorry, can't give an ETA on their release just yet)

If you want to be a purist, you can definitely do so now, but when those books do release you're going to be in for a real treat.

PS I want to say more so badly, but I really can't! ARGH!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Danimo posted:

I started up in a journeyman league yesterday as the gator fake battlebox. It's my first time playing hordes, seems fun. I need some wisdom on things I'm not sure about :

1)can I dump fury from my warlock for no reason or do I have to cast spells/animi/force him?

2)should I be playing Barnabas himself up front aggressively? My first game against Legion was lost to losing my battlegroup while Barny had no damage, and I'm used to letting my Cygnar casters sit back and let 'jacks/dudes do the work. But Barny seems pretty good in melee.

3)are Gatorman Posse bad? I want alligator mans on the table but Posse seems underwhelming.

I am gonna be playing gator battle box in journeyman as well. Raerlynn answered your questions pretty good so I will add just a little extra.

Playing Barnabas extra agressive will probably cause you to lose. As will leading with your wrastler. The biggest problem you are gonna have is that in your fiest battlebox game one spell you have no valid targets for (death march needs a unit). My experience is that It's very hard in Mk3 to play a midline caster.

Flesh eater probably isnt a good idea to cast unless you get to cast it as a result of blood boon.

Warpath is a good spell, but very expensive when there are no infantry models around.

Your bullsnapper has spiny growth, but he has only 2 fury and spiny growth costs 2 fury. So.... yeah you probably are only using the bullsnapper so that Barnabas can be arm 19 unengaged and arm 21 engaged.

Your boneswarm... well it's a model that can make attacks.

Your wrastler is your most important beast. Rage is range 2 so you can have him or Barnabas cast it on the other two speed bumps in an attempt to have them get lucky and kill something.

Just remember Barnabas has counter charge, so if/when your boneswarm or bullsnapper leave an enemy model half killed, Barnabas can finish the deal. Just remember 13/17 stats mean you can damage Barnabas pretty easily, especially if your opponent has any sorts of debuffs.

Posse are nowhere near as good as they were on paper. I haven't played with them on the table yet, so I am not entirely sure.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Danimo posted:

The Legion battlebox only has one gun, the Nephalim Bolt-thrower, which was not a problem mostly. He out-threatened me though and got a good charge on my Wrastler with his flying large beast under Kryssa's feat.

I'm not saying I lost due to anything other than my (lack of) skill. I probably should have screened the Wrastler with the lights instead of leading with it.

Also, remember to abuse throws with the wrastler. Throws don't deviate anymore and a wrastler with rage has the same strength as an enraged bronzeback (15).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Flimf posted:

If anyone even cares about skorne in this thread anymore, it looks like theres a new Tiberion coming:

Hopefully it won't be delayed forever like the hydra

That's pretty awesome. I just finished using a dremel to chop up the spear arm of a metal sentry for my tibbers so I guess this new pose would have been nice to see before, but whatever.

I do like the new pose

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

koreban posted:

I like the facial expression on him, but holy poo poo trying to foam that pose. I'll stick to my regular tibby model with his mace out front so at least he'll fit in a standard foam tray.

Looks drat cool though.

Our magnet discussion earlier has brought out the DIYer in me. No more foam for this guy, but there has been a bit of learning and a couple bases that uh.... came apart for lack of better words.

Still I am happy with how it's coming along and I will post pics later in the weekend

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So, there is a battle box tournament today to kick off our local journeymen league. I wanted to do gators, but no one has a bull snapper that I could get in time so the owner is gonna let me use his Xekaar since i preordered the 2P battle box.

I haven't played with Xekaar or given him much thought since I wasnt expecting to do anything with him until late August. What are your tips on using him?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

He did say this, which is directly related to the earlier discussion about Convergence.

quote:

systemmastery • 59m
Is Convergence basically over with? I would have figured even with a slow release schedule we'd have seen another caster or something by now, or at least heard tell that it either would or wouldn't be happening.

Mr_Soles • 8m
We have some signifigant plans for the Convergence.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So we had a tournament tonight, battlebox only for Mk3. We had 2 Skorne players, A ret, Convergence, Legion, and trolls. I went 1-2 with one really close loss to Ret and a pretty good drubbing via Convergence player.

Game 1 vs Trolls I went first. We had a forest on each side and a giant effin area of fog in the middle of the table in the zone. I sent my Savage pretty far off on the right flank, and sent my Raider really far left while staying in control range. My Gladiator just kinda mosed up with Xekaar. His turn saw him be I think a little confused at what I was doing. So he spent his turn maneuvering. My turn I continued starburst formation and did not go into the zone, knowing I would give up a point. He made sure to stay behind the fog with every one but his impaler. He took a shot at Xekaar but it missed, he advanced and attacked the gladiator with the pulverizer Axer doing minimal damage and he feated. Knowing that I was not going to do any damage, I just waded my savage in to fight the impaler and bided my time. The middle of the field is just one big fog fireball, but troll player over extends trying to kill both the savage and gladiator going full fury on all beasts. That was my cue to pop my feat, throw the Axer at the impaler, and then watch everything fury as he clocked himself.

Game 2 vs Ret, I thought I did a good job with my placement on approach, but Redirection blast did me in. I tried starburst again, but my Gladiator got pushed into die. He feated early defensively. However things got very interesting with me only having Xekaar and my lights left. I charge Xekaar and hit on the maticore and drop mortality on him due to witch mark. I got enough damage to cripple a cortex. Xekaar then feats and comedy happens as it turns out hitting effective def 18 is really hard. He basically gets nothing done and I manage to kill off a maticore. However Xekaar needed to be front lines so he would later die.

Will talk about Convergence tomorrow

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Yeah we got about another 3 months before people get pigeonholed into the same lists.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

gannyGrabber posted:

Skip 2 weeks and do a Woldwrath IMO. Be that guy.

I want to bring tibbers and a soulward in week 3 to be that guy.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

With as much of a pain in the dick as cataphracts are to paint, if I had painted a full fist army for Mk2 then I would be seriously considering quitting the game after the mk3 changes.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Wizard Styles posted:

Skorne is the most accidentally meta faction in any game I know.

This is true. The pain from impromptu parking lot flesh piercing is really what makes me lose my games

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I just want the Skorne Morghoul shirt that the guy wore to the tournament. Hopefully someone has a few good pictures of it that they can post since I am phone posting right now.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Is anyone else having trouble really grasping what the errata means due to rules and abilities being so new? Like at the end of Mk2 I knew immediately if a change was big. Now I look at an errata and I have to go dig for my physical cards to see if a change was a big deal

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

They fixed Zaal, Hakaar, the Kovass, and the other thing.

Yeah they never confirmed my question about bronzebacks so I will have to bump it.

Was the change to Mak2 and vengance something worth paying attention to?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Cool, Cannoneer has an AoE 4 gun with Grievous Wounds on the blast.

Drake sprays with grevious wounds sound amazing.

Also Siege Animantarax superiority. I really need to get one eventually.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Also am I reading the errata right with throws? Or did nothing change?

I am still confused at the wording. The way I currently understand it, is that if I throw something or someone, it goes in a straight line until it hits something of equal or larger base size, or until it hits an obstruction. If the target that I am throwing the throwee is farther than the throw distance derived by my current strength, then the throwee stops moving at that distance without deviation.

I.E. if I use my Bronzeback to throw Alton Ashley (cause gently caress that guy) at Wurmwood (cause gently caress that guy) and Wurmwood is 20 inches away, then Ashley would be throw 6 5" in a straight line directly towards Wurmwood. Ashley woul land at 6.5 inches away from my Bronzeback at that exact spot since if the target is too far away there is no deviation at all with where the throwee lands.

I'm not getting what if any changes the Errata made.

Also, it's god damned annoying that oage numbers are referenced but they dont match in the warroom pdf.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

gannyGrabber posted:

Every game of mk3 I've played I had cavalry in my list, and I never knew they got boosted charge attack rolls. That is hella fuckin trill. :hellyeah:

Yeah, its like in Mk2 where everyone forgot they had +2 MAT on charge attack rolls.

I think people knowing Cavalry rules is up there with the rules for what happens to a model being slammed and weird LOS rules as far as people not knowing what the rules are.

Full disclosure, I stand just as guilty if not more.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Literally The Worst posted:

Just got my troll box's poo poo handed to it by the Khador box. I think my biggest problem was not being used to Fury and planning ahead a turn and whiffing on the first couple by not playing aggressive enough

Still got to hit a giant robot in the face with a huge ax tho so it's fine

Honestly I think your troll box is gonna get it's poo poo handed to you no matter who you play. It's pretty bad in comparison to the others. Pillow fisted is thrown around eo much thst it loses it's meaning, but the Troll box is the definition of pillow fisted.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

If I had a Warmachine army, I would compose a list containing nothing but a warcaster and all the coolest looking warjacks of that faction. I would play it specifically against gunlines no matter the effectiveness. When my jacks finally engaged my opponents army, I would demand my opponent scream "It's a Gundammmmmmmmmm!!!" as loud as he can.

I'd then immediately pack up, concede the game, and go giggle uncontrollably in my car.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I won a zero point tournament today? :iiam:

Turns out Makeda 3 with comedy Cyclops Squad (2 Savages and a Brute) was really pretty good.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I have been pretty competitive with Skorne in my local area, so it's but not like they are unplayable trash. However, there is the problem of if you had a large existing Skorne army (or heavily invested in fist) then you don't have the tools needed to really make Skorne part well in Mk3.

Things that are new and good.that most people didn't own imo:
Slingers
Reivers
Both Artillery Pieces
Karax
Ferox
Razor Worm
Despoiler (if you didn't have a Mordikaar list)
Void Spirit (ditto)
Tyrant Rhadheim
Siege Animantarax
Titan Cannoneer
Paingiver Master Tormentor

Things that got worse that a lot of people owned
Arcuarii/Incindiarii/Certratii (because of hit points. Cetrati are still pretty decent, but you probably arent taking two units of Cataphracts in Mk3
Aradus Sentinel
Archidon
Basilisk Krea
Nihilators (due to new shooting meta)
Paingiver Task Master
Immortals

Good units in Mk3 that the average skorne player would own
Bronzeback
Gladiator
Tibbers
Sentry (depends on who you ask)
Beast Handlers
Agonizer
Cyclops Shaman

That's 13 uncommonly owned models or units that became good, 10 models or units that really are nowhere near effective or as useful as in Mk2, and 7 units that got better that most players owned. If you are willing or able to afford buying into the new Skorne, or hedged bets on buying clearance items in hopes they would one day be good, good times are had. I completely understand the salt and if I wasn't a clearance warrior, I would think that it would be easier to just jump factions instead of essentially buying the other half of my current faction.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

Quoting for my painting queue.

I still need to pick up Slingers but I'm not excited about their models. I can't bring myself to get the Siege Animantarix. It's just so huge.

Who are you planning on running as your caster. You can probably optimize this list for max paint efficiency. You can knock out a void spirit and a PGMT pretty quick. Karax are a bitch to paint and take a while to put together.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

Karax are done. I even got them pre-assembled. I've got one PGMT painted but not the second. I've got one painted Razor Worm. I don't own a second one yet but I want one. I have this weird feeling I'm going to order a Razor Worm as an add-on to something else, then forget I own it and keep ordering and forgetting more until I've got six or so of those guys.

I could paint some shooting with Reivers, Artillery and Cannoneer. Or paint all the cats.

The only casters I don't have yet are Xekaar and Zaal2. I'm trying to get in some games with other stuff before going back to Zaal1 and picking up Zaal2, a second unit of Immortals, maybe another AG or 2. I really like Zaal.

My personal vote is battlecats. I think that they would be getting way more love across the board if they weren't GW levels of expensive for five models. They are expensive in points as well, but you can have them be your only unit of combat infantry and be all set.

And for the love of god think of them as actual cavalry. They don't have to attack as soon as possible, just when the time is right. You want to see an opponent at your local store get real frustrated? Plop down your big expensive unit of cav right in the middle.of the deployment zone, and give off all signs that you are running those cats straight down his throat and then just keep them out of gun range and wait until the right moment (maybe turn 3 or later). If you have Ferox to use late game, you have a very good chance to win IMO.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

head58 posted:

How does this look for an anti-infantry list? The plan would be to jam with the Karax, use the Bloodrunners/tormentor/void spirit to pull out troublesome solos, march the Titans into a zone or rough up the enemy while the shaman/cannoneer/extoller provide some ranged destruction (the shaman casting far strike for range 14 ghost shots, the cannoneer 16" grievous AOEs). And then Makeda kills everyone.

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective

Makeda & the Exalted Court - WB: +24
- Makeda & the Exalted Court (Cont.)
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
- Cyclops Shaman - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Titan Cannoneer - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Bronzeback Titan - PC: 18

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Extoller Soulward - PC: 3

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Praetorian Karax - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11

I like most of the list but I think you could easily lose the Will breaker unless you really wanted to.have access to puppet strings.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

head58 posted:

What would you put in its place? Another void?

To be honest I am not sure. Maybe you can get something out of it but my games with a Will breaker, his biggest benefit was if I had a fury 5 caster and I wanted to stretch the table.

The problem is that you are right about what else do you put there for 4 points. A void spirit sounds good, but if you are facing non-living or zombified infantry, then your biggest benefit is having two incorperal models to cause headaches. That is probably a better option than a second PGMT. If you end up with a ton of single wound infantry then you destroy everything, but that's kinda what you want Makeda to do so she can surf.

Zaadesh doesn't help you because you want Makeda's BG as large as possible for feat.

Dakar doesn't help because no guns.

That leaves you to minions. Croak Hunter is a worse option than a second Void Spirit.

A Mist Speaker *could* do some cute things since you have shooting units with eyeless sight. Don't think I am sold on if though.

A witch doc helps you in no way.

Hell no to river raiders.

And Victor Pendrake doesn't really fit for what you are building for.

So that leads me to my hipster choice: Maximus.

In your list your solos are fire and forget. Maximus benefits from this. He has spell ward, which keeps debuffs off him. Makeda isn't gonna cast anything on him anyways so nothing lost. But the most important thing for you I think is that he is a pow 13 weaponmaster with 2 inch reach and a magical weapon. He also has berserk which will help with some infantry clearing while leaving some for Makeda still. Even better, instead of having a PGMT being good against only single wound infantry, or a void spirit being good against only living models, you get a model that is good against medium based infantry and can contribute against light warjacks/warbeasts. 13/16 will get him killed though, but at least he has unyielding so if you can keep him in combat, he's 13/18. You can use that to your advantage by running him into a ranged unit instead of charging. You get protection from shooting, and no ranged unit really wants to be taking pow 13 weaponmaster attacks.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Indeed. Saxon is probably the best choice overall since you can give Karax pathfinder, or Makeda pathfinder even if both of her dudes are dead.

Don't know how I forgot to mention him

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Uh, I am gonna go with that feat is interesting and will cause many many players to play it wrong or will need a rule clarification. I don't think models killed from electroleap count for granting Sprint correct? It has to be the actual melee attack that gives sprint c/d?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

lokipunk posted:

Had my first "negative play experience" today. Week 3 of journeyman and I ask a guy who is hanging out near the tables if he needs a game. He responds: "sure, I hate my loving caster". Whatever, I need 3 games and no one else was around. He is Menoth. Turn 0 he is clearly on tilt, and I realize that if I just keep calm and play my game he will beat himself. He constantly complains over how nerfed Menoth is, and repeatedly shuts me down when I try to commiserate because Cryx also took some hard nerfs but its for the health of the game, right? Turn 3 or so I clean his light flamethrower boy and his 3 big armor boys out of the center zone and score a control point. I say I score a point as I tell him its his turn. He bricks up with 2 big jacks (I don't know Menoth), his choir, and his caster on a hill outside of the zone, and passes turn back to me. I write down a control point and he freaks out and calls the TO over who says "yeah, week 3 is scenario.". He argues that no one else has played scenario (every table has a 12" zone on it), and says fine we will keep going, but I should have told him. I manage to slam one of his jacks over his caster and get a leap with Stalker for GG. Guy grabs his caster and throws it straight in the middle of the table and it shatters. TO asks him to leave.

Win for me I guess and now I have someone to dodge games against.

Edit: and I get home and my missing parts order went through and my Gaspy3 hand is sitting in my mailbox.

That sounds like living the dream to me. Only way it could get better is either him storming off and leaving his army or a legit table flip.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

When is the new No Quarter coming out

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

Has anyone painted any Aradus Sentinels or Soldiers? I googled it but all I found were studio paint schemes and ones painted like old school Tyranids.

I've got a soft spot for old school 40K bugs. I painted a whole poo poo ton of them back in the day and I wouldn't mind painting a couple more but they definitely would not match the rest of my army. I'm looking for options.

Lemme know.what you go with. I been looking but I cant decide and with the Sentinel being pretty hard for me to justify in my lists, it has taken a backseat.

At first I wanted to do a glossy black like a scorpion, but I don't think I have the talent for that. I will probably go with a very dark brown but I still don't like that idea honestly.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

fadam posted:

How do you guys feel about running a Cav unit as your only combat unit?

I plan on having only a unit of Ferox as my only combat unit a lot as skorne

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

head58 posted:

Thanks to you and GoodBee for the suggestion here. I ran the list today against a buddy's High Reclaimer list which had 2 units of Bastions, a unit of Idrians and a crapton of other stuff. I used my Bronzeback under Hand of Death to chew through almost a full unit of Bastions and left it threateningly close to his caster. On his turn he feated and brought the bastions back and had them all charge the Bronzeback. Which left a lovely chain of dudes for Makeda to pacman through under her feat/HoD and get to Reclaimer, and finish him. Which she would not have been able to do if I hadn't had Saxon to giver her and her buddies pathfinder so they could charge over a wall.

Bastions are definitely not Makeda's preferred target. Since so much depends on her killing a model I had to eventually do enough damage to kill the 3 remaining members of the unit before the last one between her and Reclaimer had the decency to die. It's not quite Butcher2 or Madrak2 but it's a moment of living the dream.

Glad it worked out for you. Part of me wanted to suggest TyCom because you always need to make sure you can gst pathfinder on your melee warlocks for the reasons you just saw. Sadly he's a bit more expensive than Saxon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I have asked other places, but I keep asking hoping that I can find someone who has figured this model out.

The Aradus Sentinel

Is anyone using it? How do you use it? Do you build your lists around it or do you just say screw it I got 16 points left, don't want Cyclops do sentinel it is. Have you ever used it's animus?

The best suggestion I have heard so far is anti cavalry, which is something I hadn't thought of, but then that seems to fall apart as well due to short range of the sentinels gun. Then I thought, well maybe I should just hold it in reserve to protect my back line support from harassers until late game when I can put some powerful shots into the opposing caster, but then I realized that I would be almost playing 16 points down for some matches.

Anyone having any luck at all with him in your lists or even in theory crafting?