Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
mk3 is hilariously unpolished compared to the end of mk2 (no duh it's a new edition) but it'll probably wind up being a much better game once they get a couple errata cycles out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Blood of Kings spoilers I've already kind of spoiled book is about vinter returning and culminates with a vinter + rebels + feora vs Cygnar army with king Leto, Stryker, siege, kraye and Caine + mercs following Magnus and vinters son. Magnus knows how to destroy the armor that makes vinter essentially immortal. Long story short, vinter dies, Leto gives up the throne, and Caine leaves Cygnar because he seriously pissed off cygnar head spymaster/assassin

Anything big happen with Feora?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

she set a lot of people on fire then got a verbal beat down and more or less dragged off by kreoss who was very pissed. Thyra had fun repeatedly shanking Caine though, so PoM didn't have a completely wasted trip!

I'd love for Kreoss to somehow become Hierarch after Severius kicks the bucket eventually. I love a good holy war as much as the next Menoth player, but it'd be nice if we weren't so goddamned evil to our own people, and from what I know Kreoss is pretty chill about showing people mercy when they screw up.

E: Question, can I buy faction decks in Warroom with Android money already on my account? I have $15 from doing surveys that's probably going to start expiring at some point, and I'm either going to burn it on lovely phone games I won't really play if I can't use it on Warroom. Otherwise, I'll start trundling my way through the factions' decks as I get that sweet, sweet questionnaire cash.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Crazy Ferret your battle reports are excellent

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Once you realize that Magnus is bassically Big Boss of Iron Kingdoms, things start to make sense about him.

I can lore dump on his rear end without spoilers from Blood of Kings if people are interested. I'm mostly up to date with Magnus because I'm an unashamed Iron Kingdoms lore whore.

Lore dump good!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
e: nm

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kithkar posted:

Spoilers from prime: They recount the tale of Goreshade leading an assault on the fane of scyrah that happened sometime during the time jump. They are deliberately vague because its going to be a skull island novel, but it says that in this dire time, Scyrah showed she still has great power and performs some miracle. Then, "an as yet unnamed champion of Scyrah" drove the undead from the fane. Combined with a new line in Vyros's bio about how recent events making it unlikely he will get his vengeance on Goreshade, good money says she Rezes Goreshade humbling him in the process and turning him back to Ios' side.

I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Not Goreshade 4, it'll be Gyyryshyylyd 1 :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

xiw posted:

Someone just pointed out the Menoth forums you can throw Amon 6" or 9" with a castigator or judicator, build synergy, then forfeit Amon's combat action, advance 6" with parry (or 8" with mobility if you need it), then buy flashing blade attacks. If you're willing to risk taking a POW18+3d6 (only kills him on triple 6's if you spend focus) you can throw at an enemy target to avoid deviation. This gives him 19" of personal threat and you get to measure out to see if it's doable before you commit.

CAMONBAAAAALLLLLLLL

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

GoodBee posted:

You can Hex Blast yourself through an arc node. :downs:

Neat trick! This is actually something worth knowing. Not likely to come up often, but if there's an upkeep you really need to get off yourself, arcing Hex Blast onto yourself might be your only option.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Jesus loving christ Warroom 2 soft locked itself within a minute of me opening it for the first time. If I cancel a purchase it immediately soft locks the thing. I decided I was going to buy Menoth instead of Ret with my Google funbux and yup

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 7, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
hey guys who's ready for our first casual vs competitive pissing contest in the new thread

gotta break it in, let's make this a good one :munch:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Crazy Ferret posted:

Oh my god, you can't just go around calling them Cog People. Its Convergence of Cyriss. Jeez.

I really, really hope this is the Mean Girls reference I want it to be :allears:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It pleases me that Cryx and Legion aren't played constantly in tournaments anymore

Merry Cryxmas, jerks

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

rydiafan posted:

I think the limitation is a feature, not a bug. If you can fit everything there's no interesting decisions to make in list building.

Yeah I remember hearing about some kind of tournament format (mostly used in Europe iirc) that was 42 Mk2 points, and that it made list building more interesting than 50 Mk2 points because you had to make hard decisions about what to bring instead of having like 5-10 points of "just in case" stuff to round out your list really well.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Can people help me put together a CoC list? I bought KM's list of stuff and want to put together a 50 point list to throw down with some friends this weekend, and haven't played CoC yet. Here's what I've got ready:

quote:

Father Lucant
Syntherion
Iron Mother
Assimilator
Cipher
Legged Heavy
Corallary
Mitigator
Diffusor
Eradicators
Optifex Directive
Reciprocators
Reductors
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
Attunement Servitors
Attunement Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Elimination Servitors
Enigma Foundry
Reflex Servitors
Steelsoul Keg Protector
Prime Axiom

I'm thinking iMom or Synth because I want to run the Prime Axiom and they look like they'll handle it the best (+RNG from Iron Mother, boosted attack rolls from Syntherion) and I'll almost certainly have a Corollary, but past that I don't really have any idea what I'm doing with my robot folk.

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 22, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Synth it is! Sorry KM :cheeky:

That's crazy that Magnetic Hold and Diffuser stack for +4" on (free) charges.

Induction questions - the range on induction is 6", right? Is there any good way to charge a melee heavy in (more than 6") and be able to pass its focus off to another Heavy, or do I have to just bite the bullet and accept that I will, at some point, need to actually spend some focus on fueling my robots?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you do, you do. Glue it back together and after you paint over it no one will ever know the difference.

I'd be more worried about the plastic bending and warping before it breaks, personally. That's what's a pain in the rear end to fix. Though if it's good and cold it should (hopefully) be brittle enough that it'll snap without warping. Clean breaks aren't too bad to fix, stretchy lovely plastic is like impossible to fix without just cutting that part out and green stuffing something new together.

You could always try clipping the shoulder pad off and just accepting that you'll take a chunk of the shoulder with it.

E: Post pictures of the Chimera, people might be able help you fix it if we have pictures of what's wrong about it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 25, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
gunlines are lame and so are you if you run them

seriously how can you go "hrm i could stand back here and shoot across the board or i could get up in there and play rock em sock em robots" and turn down rock em sock em robots

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

For 1 of 2 players

Yeah this basically

Keep away strats are contingent on preventing your opponent from playing or engaging with the game as much as possible and if they ever actually get to play the game and do things and have fun then you lose. Like the ideal gunline scenario is blowing your opponent off the board before they get to you, so their game then consists of "I run all my stuff forward. I lose a bunch of pieces. I run all my stuff forward again. Oh, everything's dead before I got to make any attacks? Okay, good game"

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 25, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What happens when you combine Future Sight and Manifest Destiny? Can you roll your 3d6 then decide to boost before dropping lowest and instead drop the boosted die if it's the new lowest die?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Beautiful.

lokipunk posted:

Halp goons. I only win journeyman games with Agathia when I make some kind of Rube Goldberg jank that involves throws, slams, and drags.

I've lost 5+ games where I get on the other caster where I have a full stack and they are flat footed and can't loving close.

The best assassinations always involve Rube Goldberg jank. Embrace it! No seriously, convoluted assassinations that come at you in weird ways are harder to see coming. Like most of my Rahn assassinations involve two casts of Telekinesis, a Force Hammer, and a sacrificial goat piece to force hammer in the back. Run piece out, walk Rahn out, feat, TK something as needed, Force Hammer your own thing in the back over their caster, TK their caster out of position, and introduce it to the HSBM pain elevator as you pull their caster across the board to die to your other pieces.

Also if your assassination doesn't involve a throw/slam to knock down the enemy caster and you can find a way to make it include something like that, always make it include something like that. Particularly if you can slam your own thing over their caster, if they don't have Steady it's a fairly foolproof way to negate their DEF stat.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 27, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Rules question - a friend of mine is thinking that because Focus doesn't clear off your caster during Upkeep phase, Scaverous can hoard focus by turning souls into focus, not spending any focus, then doing it again next turn to get way above his usual focus cap. Anyone know if there's anything in RAW preventing this, or if there are any Infernal rulings on the matter if it's unclear?

E: nm they just reread the rules and realized they're wrong

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah the only way that gets beaten is if you get a free army out of it :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
List time! This is just something I threw together out of the CoC I have, and I generally have no idea what I'm doing, so here we go.

Forge Master Syntherion
*Prime Axiom
*Corollary
*Assimilator
*Diffuser
*Cipher
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
Max Reciprocators

My general hope is that the Cipher and Assimilator can handle infantry blobs if needed, the Diffuser can give me free charges for my heavies and Prime Axiom as needed for clearing heavy targets, and the Reciprocators can screen so I can deliver my slow as hell Heavies. Also it's got some nice Hot Shot targets and I have enough stuff to get a good Synergy chain going before I, say, feat and Beacon -> Charge something convenient with Prime Axiom, obliterate it with MAT 9 P+S24 drills, then fire a boosted Harpoon at their caster to drag them in for a visit to the Dentist's Drill.

Also I now want to find some way to turn my Prime Axiom into a Dentist.

Rules question - if I Harpoon something and drag it in with one of my Harpoons, can I fire the other one at something else to drag it in as well? Or does being in melee at that point preclude the second ranged attack? Additionally, if I take my free swipe at something after dragging it and crush it with my mighty drill, can I then fire my harpoon at something else, or am I then locked into melee attacks? If I take my free drag swipe can I then take my initials with my drills? Finally, if I harpoon something, drag it, miss with my free swipe, make more melee attacks and kill it, can I then go back and use my Ranged attack?

Actually more rules barrage, if I'm feating with Synth I know I can charge, melee initial, ranged initial, etc. Can I do my ranged and melee initials in whatever order I please? How do free swipes from drag fit into that? Sorry for the thousand rules questions, Prime Axiom can do some really crazy stuff and I want to make sure I've got it right.

E: ohmygod i didnt realize prime axiom can drag enemy heavies in to give them some drill funtimes and i am in love with this ridiculous thing and my entire army may become dentist themed somehow just because an army of dentist robots makes me chuckle. like they rampage across the land cleaning people's teeth and everyone is terrified of them because they hear horror stories of drills and screaming but have no idea that its just dentistry

E2: List question - I intentionally left Servitors out of my list because PA can churn them out, and I figured I could put out 1-2 of the utility servitors that are kinda handy on my first couple turns without paying for them, then start pumping out landmines to be annoying and clear infantry if I need it (I still feel like my infantry clearing is a little weak, probably because I'm used to "bring a Redeemer and don't worry about it" in Menoth)

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 29, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I took a closer look at my Iron Mother Directrix model today and she has the coolest model.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/convergence-of-cyriss/warcasters/iron-mother-directrix-exponent-servitors

I never noticed that she has her extra Exponent Servitors in her backpiece until just now. Also I'd love to see a render of her with her Cloak of Blades mid slash. She's definitely one of my favorite models now

Just wanted to gush :)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Tristanifest Destiny

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Sovereign Tristan Durant - WJ: +28
- Devout - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Guardian - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Dervish - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
- Dervish - PC: 7
- Dervish - PC: 7
- Templar - PC: 15
- Templar - PC: 15

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4

---

GENERATED : 08/04/2016 13:31:46
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

Why are you such a bad person

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I thought you jerks were misspelling Jacks for the last three pages. I was so confused.

Jakes the jack jerk jacks jerks up with jacks

gannyGrabber posted:

Guys field marshall true sight ia totally bad OK? Especially on a caster that can run 7 'jacks no problem. Useless poo poo garbage.

Only thing about Tristan I don't really get is the second half of his feat ("Gain a Focus per jack"). What are you doing (or supposed to be doing) with all that Focus? Assassination runs?

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 5, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

It's so you can fully load all your jacks and still be able to cast manifest and/or camp.

Ooooh true, if you run a big pile of jacks you can get 1 from Power Up, 1 from Feat, then put the third on with Allocation and regain it with feat. Having your entire army of jacks be able to have 3 Focus and have your caster be full on Focus is a cool trick.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hahahaha I just got to tell one of my Cryx friends "see man it's okay that Banes lost Stealth, I'll be able to see through it anyway!"

Today is a good day. Tristan is amazing

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is there anything exciting going on in Legion these days? I kinda want to play with my dinosaurs again

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'd really love to see how a Hellmouth behind a house plays out.

Also imo the Legion player you played against made a huge mistake putting the Hellmouths in the forests instead of behind them. Put the Hellmouth a quarter inch back from the forest so when it pulls things in they're toeing out of the forest and deny LoS to the Hellmouth unless you're walking well within tentacle range. Most things can't out threat 10" without charges, too, so stuff is going to have to walk into grabbing range to get to the Hellmouth.

As far as Legion goes in general I'm feeling kinda lost atm, so I'll probably just throw some dinosaurs and ogrun together and have at it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 6, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Mispronouncing Ouroboros as O-robber-Os makes me think of a children's cereal.

O-robber-Os - Druid Tested, Devourer Wurm Approved!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh my god Tristan's feat makes jacks gain a focus instead of allocating one to all of them. Hhhnnnngggg

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

Gain vs Allocate doesn't matter like it did in MK2. Allocate is just a term for when your caster is handing out focus during the Control phase, Gain is used everywhere else. Both Gain and Allocate still have to respect the focus cap of 3 per jack.

Aaawwww :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Have Iron Gauntlet lists been posted anywhere?

E: lol didnt realize it's Mk2, I thought JVM had pulled some dark magic to Make Legion Great Again in Mk3

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 8, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
'nother PP Insider: http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-08-11-2016

quote:

I call this little number, “Gunline meta? More like funline meta! Am I right?”

Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors +27 WJ pts
- Prime Axiom 38 pts
- Assimilator 16 pts
- Assimilator 16 pts
- Assimilator 16 pts
- Corollary 6 pts
Elimination Servitors 3 pts
Elimination Servitors 3 pts

Will Hungerford is a bad, bad man. I can almost field this list, I just don't have the Assimilators. I might try proxying them to make my friends hate me.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
just be careful of paper cuts

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

Oh i didn't. I work too many closing shifts to be able to do events. I'm mostly in it for building dope monsters and making them fight my coworkers' robots/monsters after we close

And also having superglue accidents that leave my hands looking like I have a horrifying skin condition

The journeyman league is just something the store I work at is putting on

Oh god seriously when I was assembling most of my army I chewed on my fingers constantly to try to get the superglue off because the stuff drove me up the wall and it made me look like a crazy person.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Ah I work on a computer basically all day and the texture of my fingers being wrong when I'm typing drives me totally insane.

My trick at this point is to use partial unfolded paper clips and torn+rolled paper towels to respectively apply or remove glue as needed. It has really cut down on how much of the stuff I get coated on my fingers.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Wizard Styles posted:

Which guild?

Probably going to take the plunge into X-Wing or Guild Ball because I'm not really sure where to go faction-wise with WMH - I'm probably quitting Circle but not sure what to replace it with or how much to focus on Ret since I still like Fury a lot more than Focus, and waiting out the first errata before I decide.

Focus owns now and is (imo) more fun than Fury these days because Power Up consistently feels like you're getting to cheat and it's super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

albany academy posted:

Somebody is bringing this list to a fundraiser tournament:

Stockpile - Steamroller Objective
Absylonia, Daughter of Everblight - WB: +28
- Succubus - PC: 4
- Shredder - PC: 4
- Archangel - PC: 37 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1

Dear god

Holy christ I didn't realize Abby2 gives free charges. Actual question, how would you guys deal with this list? It's just so many things you have to kill and that many Shredders all flanking off each other and being bitey jerks and healing constantly. My first thought would be elite infantry (ala Dawnguard Sentinels), though the Archangel should be able to clear them really well with Dragon Breath, I think.

I hope that list poops on everyone though because it's a hilarious list.