Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

rantmo posted:

How heavy are the metal 30mm bases that PP makes? I wonder if they'd be heavy enough to counteract the standard bearer's stupid balance issues. That and maybe a penny under whatever base I make for it, which will have to be more elevated than a normal Basius pad base because of how low the sword dips. This was not a well conceived model.

They aren't as heavy as you would think, but I will say that I ended up getting a metal base for Irusk2 (who stands atop a rock holding up a giant flag) and it seems to make him weighty enough to not topple over (he wouldn't stay up at all previously on the plastic base).

A pack of three is pretty cheap in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

rantmo posted:

There's not a lot of clearance under those bases though, unless you've got a good means of scraping all that stuff out. I ordered a trio of metal bases and then I'll probably buy a washer for the top (unless the undersides are open) and hope for the best. I guess if the flag does come apart I'll trim the post down, which I wish I'd thought of before.

Just FYI on the small PP metal bases, they are solid all the way through, except for a slot cut into them. They aren't "hollow" on the underside like the plastic ones.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

albany academy posted:

Wtf is this

I was hoping he'd stay a greaser looking snob.

Honestly I'm confused as to why they are making him look like Irusk 0.5, greaser snob all the way!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

lokipunk posted:

Yeah, I mean serious "achievement unlock" moment. It was stressful and unpleasant to deal with then but now its hilarious. Oddly enough I am kind of a school/work/gym shut in and was seriously worried about some dumb sperglord poo poo happening if I actually go to gamestore.

I haven't seen that level of meltdown yet, though I have come across people taking Journeyman way too seriously and getting pissy when they lose. I just don't see the point in getting worked up over a game, especially in JM league when so much is dictated as a "just because" thing for fun (list-building I mean).

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Crazy Ferret posted:

The Insider with Malakov and Elara is up. It has some cool art stuff.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-07-29-2016-doug-hamilton-and-ed-bourelle-talk-elara-and-malakov

This is too good though.

I guess this is what the "Sucker!" rule looks like.

The model for Elara looks cool, with a dynamic action pose.

The model for Malakov looks like somebody cosplaying Irusk.

Why couldn't the model for Malakov look like that picture where he's suckering that poor Winter Guard. I'd pay extra money for that, I don't care because it would be awesome.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

He looks really easy to knock over.

Just like Irusk2! He's the best cosplayer.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

I mean I only played him once but I handily defeated a haley2 so it felt pretty good. All he's really lacking is a good upkeep spell for his warjacks. (where the fuuuuuuck is redline?)

Why would he have Redline? Does Irusk have Redline? I think not. :smuggo:

(It's really odd how he doesn't have his "defining" spell).

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Efaarit scouts seem crazy good. Why doesn't anybody run them..?

I started running one in Circle lists, makes we want to get a second now. I like being an rear end in a top hat sniper with them popping in and out of cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

So how do people keep sentry stones alive anyways? I'm not questioning their worth - they trade pretty well at five points, but when I use them they get taken out fairly early/often. Maybe it's just my local meta, since I play against a lot of things that can see through their stealth (Cygnar, etc.).