Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren: meeplemart (canada) has all the new poo poo in stock :siren:
40 canabux for bboxes and 20 for cards. 10 bux shipping anywhere in country. Is good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

GoodBee posted:

Weren't they the ones who started the OMG OUT OF STOCK panic?

The statement PP made made it sound like, Hey, we sold out but we'll have another run out to distributors in July and August. Meeplemart post the OMG LESS THAN 5% OF ORDERS CAN BE FILLED!

It doesn't really sound like it's terribly hard to get your hands on the new stuff. Maybe not as convenient but whatever.

Eh, all the local stores sold out on pre-orders so I was pretty excited to get that meeplemart e-mail.

Also they sell things for the US MSRP instead of doing $ conversions which is really nice, since buying a bbox in a local store would prolly cost 60ish bux.

PaintVagrant posted:

Canadians are a flighty, gooselike people

Haha true, we're also very ornery regardless of what stereotypes say, much like geese. Those fuckers have teeth and love to use them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saalkin posted:

I'm Canadian and those geese are nothing like us. When we're rear end in a top hat we're passive aggressive.

Maybe YOU'RE passive aggressive...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Red Hood posted:

Going to play my first game tomorrow morning with my bud. Zero points besides what the warcasters give.

Want to use Caine2, so I know I need something to crack high ARM targets like Khador. (My friend has Retribution and Skorne starters though)

Do I go with Ol'Rowdy+Charger or Hunter+Defender?

If it's your first games, i would honestly suggest you treat your models as if they are the battlebox models. They are meant to be played against eachother at 0 points and will give you the fairest game possible for learning.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Except for that one time a mountain jig cracked open a train car like a can of soup and ate everyone inside while Doomsaper watched and thought this was perfectly acceptable behavior.

Haha owned

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Basically what khador needs is collossalchev.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
With the new points system it could work...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Are strakhov and karchev still stuck in some tunnel

Tunnel buddies 4 lyfe

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The only dissapointment for me these days as khador is that torch does what spriggan does, for the same cost, and also other things. Naturally I own spriggan and no torch.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Torch is actually a point cheaper with both a point higher mat and rat...

Aren't they both 19 points?

But yeah gently caress Torch

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Won 3 out of 3 games with this list today, at 25 points.

Vlad2
-Behemoth
Iron Fang Pikemen (max)
-UA
Kayazy Eliminators

I went first every game. Played Nemo in the first game and killed him top of turn 3 with some pikemen, Karchev the second game and killed him top of turn 4?5? with Behemoth (I had to smash my way through an enemy Behemoth and a Beast 09 to do so!), and top of turn 3 on a Baldur with some pikemen, again.

All 3 games I surprised my opponent by feating turn 2 and jamming models into their face. Nobody was really expecting 13.5" kayazy and 14" iron fangs. The first game the IFP took chunks out of Nemo's Centurion while a trio of Wind Blasts from Vlad prevented a lot of what his gun line was capable of (He was running 2 character heavies with lightning guns)

In game 2 I feated and with some boosts lent from Vlad I brought beast 09 down to 3 boxes with IFP while the rest of the crew jammed up karchev, his jacks, and his mechaniks, knocking a lot of guys down with crits. I lost a lot of IFP the next turn not knowing that Beast 09 could thresher on a charge, which was brutal under Karchev's feat! I was sad. I fought back by getting my Behemoth the alpha strike with the help of Assail on his, and the rest of my IFP mopped up his Beast 09. On his turn Karchev was forced to spend 4 focus unsticking my last kayazy, otherwise she could have ran across the board to an objective and never have been able to be un-stuck.

Game 3 I killed all his guys on turn 2 with the feat, Eliminators killed 3 medium based Tharn guys while jamming the other 3, and the IFP (with some fire support from Behemoth) blew away the sentry stone, the gorax, and most of the Warpwolf. On his turn he feated but there just wasn't any room to move away from my IFP, who were controlling most of the board, even with his teleport. The tharn tried but failed to kill the kayazy.

All in all, Vlad2 moves hella fast and kills poo poo turn 2. Hurray!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Ngl wind blast got one of those sneaky hidden buffs that you kinda gloss over but once you reread it again youre like "oh it's not total rear end now"

It's my favourite spell in the game right now, for sure! It does a lot of work for me and Vlad's control area is just big enough that it stops most things from being able to get shots in on him.

Red Hood posted:

Hey, thanks for the reply, this is exactly what we did to get a feel for the game in general. It went really well! I played my buddy twice against his Retribution box, and then again against his Skorne box. It's crazy how different Fury and Focus are. I also played against another friend of mine who happened to be there, and got crushed really hard by the Magnus list (Magnus, Mangler and Rover) a couple of times.

I saw somebody playing that Magnus battlebox earlier today. It's incredibly strong! Magnus is a really good caster at that point level: with his ability to repair 'jacks, powerful abilities on his weapons, free upkeeps, and his Feat he's going to win a lot of games at that level. I didn't end up finding the time to play against him but I'm fairly confident the trick to winning that fight would be to keep distance and focus on a ranged game: the Mangler can only engage up to 10" away from itself and the Rover and Magnus both have fairly weak guns. The +3 Def from Blur isn't going to make a huge distance on his def 10 Rover, I don't think! For your Cygnar bbox, I would try and keep your range 10 dudes just on the side of the Rover and outside the Mangler's range and keep plugging away with shots, see if he gets impatient and moves his guys up into range where your Ironclad can get the first hit in. Assail just about assures that your Ironclad is going to get hits in before Magnus' 'jacks can. pepper him down with your guns, send the ironclad in, and make sure you us that tremor attack.

You can also go the extra mile and abuse Snipe! Cast Snipe on a model on your first turn and upkeep it turn 2, and then on turn 2 after that model shoots, recast snipe on another model. That way in the same turn they both get the +4 range. Next turn just flip it around.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'll use min units of things if I feel they are stronger with UAs instead of dudes.

For instance, I'm happier running min IFP (9 points) + the UA (4pts) than i am running a max unit for 15 points. It ends up where you have 3 fewer dudes (the standard bearer has no weapons), but you get relentless charge and the mini-feat which are big bonuses.

The same goes for winter guard, for 11 points you can get 6 guys + UA or 10 guys, and with the UA they are considerably better.

Obviously using min units of things like mechaniks or choirs is totally OK.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Literally The Worst posted:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU I AM HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE

The only time anyone can ever be happy playing warmachine is if your opponent is literally shaking with anger, which is impossible to achieve with the trollblood battlebox, so I'm calling your bluff!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

Pre priming!

I'm debating to call the Juggernaut "YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GEARS" or "Where is your dragondad now? :smug:"

My Kozlov is standing on a Menoth 'jack's head. :3: I'd post a picture but he's tucked away in my box and it's a pain.

Having little metal men step on things is the best

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fnordcircle posted:

I'm beginning to think Shield Guard is pretty much a requirement in this edition cause every. single. one. of. my losses have involved spiked dice on range attacks. Yeah I'm mad, no I won't calm down.

Or just play Karchev????

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fnordcircle posted:

Not until recently, and he's too afraid to play Rahn cause he's worried about being 'mean.'

I played tons of games in Mk2, 3-5 a week for a year without exaggeration, and a game a week the last year and a half. Doesn't make me good but makes me able to see that my caster placement habits in Mk2 won't cut it in Mk3.

I feel like I'm having the opposite problem! Every mk2 game I ever lost was due to my warcaster being inside something's range and getting wiped, whereas in mk3 across the 4 games i've played, (and won!) my wardude has been attacked a total of twice. You can always try a more defensive or controlling warcaster. My personal favourite is vlad2 (i've played him in all 4 games), since with a combination of Wind Blast and pre-measuring you can lock down all the avenues of being shot at, and with a War Dog and/or Drakhun you can punish any pesky solos for trying to rush in at you. Having a steady 'jack to pop in front of your caster always helps, too!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah but winter guard lost bob and weave and most khador dudes have poo poo DEF. You need that cover if you want to run lots of little dudes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

Or you could just have a ton of tough no KD dudes that can get turned into POW 12 weaponmasters at the drop of a russian hat that all have CRA and brutal damage weapon attachments while loving Behemoth is shooting you and you have units of snipers and... oh yeah.

Meanwhile, I can't place Fox Hole on top of my dudes anymore :v:

Siege is still amazing, the Fox Hole change was just stupid. Just put a 'friendly model' clause in order to be affected by it.

Yeah Khador is the best. You caught me! You also forgot the def 19 stealth no blast damage 10.5 threat range double attacking anatomical precision gang acrobats for 5 pts.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

gently caress.

Guess I am gonna have to play Caine 2 :v:

What's caine 2's ARM? What are his feelings about a sylas bonus'd Airburst? Asking for a friend...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

16 :colbert: (NEVER LEAVE HOME WITH AN ARM 13 CASTER AND NO ARCANE SHIELD)

Besides, didn't you hear? Caine 2 and Sloan are unbeatable. Just don't even show up.

Prolly gonna run into a sloan this weekend... Gonna vlad feat and run all my men into melee across 18-20 inches and see what he thinks of that. Fukkin gun lines.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

Recommended counters: play Menoth or Trolls

What can sloan do to get through clouds? I could try zerkova...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

True Sight ignores clouds for LoS purposes, that's the worst thing you could do against her

You're better off with irusk 2 and tons of small based tough dudes if you wanna screen your caster

Is true sight just her or also her group/army?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Real men gimmick list and take 4-6 drakhuns on vlad2. Speed 10 melee 2" armor 23 on the feat turn, get fukt hunters.

I wish i had more drakhuns

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Fbbbt if your caster is taking any meaningful damage then you made the mistake of not playing Vlad2

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

Oh dear. My FLGS is cutting prices 15% accross the board (save for the MK3 stuff, which is just 10%) in celebration of our crushing victory against Ze Germans. Dissuade me from purchasing Behemoth, goons, please!

Get behemoth, run him on MAH BOI Vlad2 and get those delicious hand of fate'd fully boosted bombards. Then when it's melee time throw up assail and get to work!

Seriously though get behemoth he's hella rad

Buy iiiiit

Also the best thing about behemoth is he can 1-round other behemoths.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Behemoth is the best is all i'm saying

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Give him big warjack hands and say he is yuuuuuuge :smugdon:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I wouldn't even get out of bed in the morning for FOC 5.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why the poo poo does grievous wounds stop repairs.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for a pairing with my vlad2 list... Here's it.

Vlad2
-Behemoth
-Spriggan
-War dog
Iron fang kovnik
Man-o-war Drakhun
IFP
-UA
Kayazy elims
Kayazy elims
Battle meks (min)
MOW Bombardiers (min)

I think maybe my weakness is things that are immune to non-magical? I don't really know how to address that or what impact those models have since I've never run into them. For a pairing with that weakness somewhat in mind, i'm thinking of one of these 2 lists...

Vlad 3
-Behemoth
-Drago
Iron fang kovnik
Kovnik markov
Kovnik joe
Drakhun
Fenris

Ifp+UA
Winter guard infantry

The second list would revolve around trusting vlad and fenris to be able to clear out the immune models, which I think is reasonable. It'd be nice if there was a cheaper way than aiyanna/holt to put magic on other dudes though, and maybe i could fit that in.

The other list would be...
Irusk2
-Destroyer
-Decimator (subject to change)
-Sylas
Alexia 2
Iron fang kovnik
Kovnik joe
Ifp +UA
Wgi + UA +2 rocketeers
Kayazy elims
Aiyanna/Holt

This list would rely on aiyanna and holt for magical attack and use lots of bodies to scireen them. I dunno about trusting my life to such flimsy models, though!

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I will trade my left nut for a release date on the Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan. I don't even run weapon crews, I just want him so Behemoth can float shots down range at Eiyriss and re-roll the drat deviation.

Also on Monday my aiming bonus + Hand of Fate'd Behemoth missed a drat Maddox on a boosted to-hit. +2 Rat would fix that issue, too!

---

Also I will be posting the following CoC stuff in awful mart fairly soon, selling it for a very lazy friend who is a dad (the worst): send me a PM if you want to short the process and get first dibs! Everything is assembled and may be poorly painted unless otherwise noted.

Battlebox
Iron Mother + exponent servitors

Prime Axiom (Unassembled, with box)
Monitor
Mitigator
Corollory

Perforators (max)
+ UA
Optifex Directive

3 reflex servitors
ADO

PP price for the lot of it is $399 if i'm not mistaken. Anyways, PM me!

EDIT: i'd be looking for 260 CAD (approx 200 USD) and would be willing to negotiate a sharing of shipping costs.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 13, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I scored a control point with Bombardiers the other day. And they did 8 damage to a blightbringer!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I fought against a a really fun Maddox list on Monday. He had storm knights + UA + solo, some 'jacks, some storm callers, some other Cygnar poo poo, and that incredibly annoying and totally powerful + good and strong amazing bro merc Acosta, who apparently has Mat 9 and is a complete bastard, gently caress that guy forever. The game ended where he had tabled me except for Vlad and Behemoth and with a sneaky application of Vlad's vengeance analogue I was able to just barely pull off an assassination on Maddox. I was sort of forced into it because his Stormclad, despite a crippled cortex, managed to snag Vlad with a sword hit and roll a 12 on his 2 dice of damage. Was incredibly rude but gave me the str I needed to kill Beth.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

I wouldn't say it look worse. Just same as before. I first heard from this game by looking at a Cygnar Battlebox that sticked out from a friend back pack at some fanfilm shooting. He pitched me as "Skirmish with robot wrestling". I went to a hobby store after more than 9 years of break. I wanted to pick Mercenaries because I like the whole "Soldiers of fortune" thing they have going on, but there wasn't any battlebox for them. Then my gaze fell on two giant robots in red in a snowy setting.
Then the reality of Mk2 Khador ensued. I got a bit of legion on the side. Now I'm planning to take two, sometime even three jacks! In Khador!

Take many 'jacks comrade

Also if you take Behemoth it counts as fielding 2 warjacks, at least in spirit.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Skip 2 weeks and do a Woldwrath IMO. Be that guy.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wizard Styles posted:

I'm not saying jacks didn't deserve a boost, but if WM infantry evened it out before why didn't Hordes infantry get an overall boost now to keep it equal?

Spirit bond or whatever it is called lets Hordes take less warbeasts now, I guess? I don't know if that's a meaningful in any way.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

xiw posted:

I guess the nice thing about upgraded juniors is that I'm gonna feel no guilt proxying them using their previous models!

I will make a mess in my jorts if Andy gets to keep Redline!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Bee posted:

Okay, looking over the model ranges, I'm thinking Legion might be my favorites. Especially if I can get lots of stumpy, eyeless little guys and swarm the field in ugly-cuteness.

What kinda color schemes do you think would go well with them?

Whatever is the most eye-blindingly garish, in my opinion! Make your opponent hate looking at the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gonna give his entire bg true sight