Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is CID a way of "patching" issues or fixing units without having to wait till next edition? Basically, no more "oh hey MK2 came out oh wait X unit is bad, oh well better wait for MK3"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They better give us an Ordic theme list if the Llaelese are going to get one. :colbert:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

How's Company of Iron for those who have tried it but haven't shared their opinions here yet?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Have they stopped producing content for the RPG? I remember them releasing Unleashed, then the Skorne book then ???.
Also kind of related, a friend of mine who only ever plays Orcs never actually gave Iron Kingdoms a try because there are no orcs there. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Lore question since there's no IKRPG thread (for, uh, good reason) and I'm kind of disconnected from the recent backstory: out of all the races playable in Unleashed (Tharn, Bog Trogs, Gatormen, Farrow and Pygs), would the last two be the only ones who wouldn't be a massive headache to make work in an urban-ish setting? I'm converting the Iron Kingdoms setting to another system (Shadow of the Demon Lord) and I don't want to bother typing up races that won't be flexible storytelling-wise.

I suppose Farrow would have it easier than, say, gators. But I can't find anything about pygs in cities.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Out of curiosity, when will the Infernal cards be available in the card database?

Edit: They are the first option :downs: Nevermind!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah I think warcasters being massively powerful individuals by design in the fluff leads to a lot of problems when it comes to making them playable in RPGs. Going from the comments on KS, PP decided to play it safe so as to avoid warcasters from overshadowing anyone else.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Huh, Seacat left? I always had the impression the WMH lore was his baby.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

I'm just finding out about this setting.

Where do the Hordes live?

Are Rhul, Ord, and Llael mean to be represented by ingame factions?

1d4chan says there is an evolving storyline that is represented in what minis are made. How are the setting advances broadcasted?

There's a lot of great setting material in the RPG line (the one that isn't for D&D 3.5, so stuff like Kings, Nations & Gods, Unleashed, etc.) that will fill you in about the setting - the old MK2 army books also had a lot of general info about the respective factions, but if you want common, everyday stuff you should stick to the RPG line and its many supplements. The newest version of the RPG (for D&D 5e) is different because it represents the current state of the setting, with major changes (like the Protectorate no longer existing as a political entity in the mainland, basically). The setting is kind of in a weird place right now, the main writer for basically the entirety of the setting's history left the company and according to the source (Warcaster, Riot Quest or the newest RPG line) the setting either stopped existing, became a post-apoc wasteland or is chugging along after the Infernal Invasion.

Azran fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 16, 2021

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Apparently on the five new races (alongside the obligatory Farrow and Pygs) are... Soulless? That's odd.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Zalabar posted:

Kinda fits... this is post Infernals, and they got a chunk of souls. The soulless condition could be more widespread.

Oh, right. In my mind Soulless = Iosans but creepier, I forget it was something that could apply to other people as well.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

For me I just really like the setting so I'd much rather the game kept existing than not :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

re: reddit the subreddit has always been weirdly inactive so not surprising to see little to no discussion there

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's hilarious because SFG is a name I actively avoid in the tabletop gaming space, their designs have always been mediocre at best and actively awful at worst.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Still no playable Tharn, Skorne or even Efaarit :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Were any of the anthologies / novels PP released any good? I'm not asking for an Abnett or an ADB, but as long as it isn't terrible...