Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

rantmo posted:

Awesome on the attaching, boo on the tipping over. I'm having that problem with Kromac's beast form actually because I set it off-center on his base. Filling the back half with greenstuff, it turns out, doesn't offset the weight at all. I'll have to get strategical with setting the standard bearer on the base.

I always keep any metal flash or bits trimmed off models for just such an occasion. I'm hoping PP makes more kits with the sprues attached cause they are so handy for making things out of. The other thing you can do if you haven't really based it yet is position him so he's as straight up and down as you can and as far back on the base as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

HJE-Cobra posted:

I feel like it might've been easier to design encounters for a smaller team of players. But I have five players, one with a 'jack, so oh well! Guess I need to throw tons of dudes at them

What I recommend for IKRPG encounters is to throw opponents at your players in waves. That way if its dragging too long or you get a spike of dice rolls and it goes south fast for the players you can adjust things. It's a really funky system to balance encounters for.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
So I'm getting into Ret now after getting most of the Khador stuff and I need advice on what to buy.

So far I have the battlebox, Elara 2, Issyria, battle mages, mage hunter strike force and Eiryss3.

Planning on getting another light, probably another griffon and Imperious? Impertinent? Imperatus.

The big question is I need a tar pit unit and I can't choose between Dawnguard Sentinels or Houseguard Halberdiers.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
I just moved from Chicago to Grand Blanc, MI. Is there any WMH presence around here that goons know of?

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Fyrbrand posted:

I live in Flint Township, so pretty close to you. For the longest time, Gamers Sanctuary was our main store in the area. We've all moved to BC Comix in Fenton. Depending where you are in GB, it's a 15-20 minute drive for you. Our main WMH day is tomorrow starting at noon if you're interested.

Cool. I'll head out that way at some point. I mostly play watchmachine but I love hanging out and talking the hobby aspects.