Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

S.J. posted:

Especially since, for whatever reason, critical effects aren't optional anymore. Which really sucks for heavies with crit slam and stuff like that.
Huh, really? I can't think of a single crit effect that was optional in Mk2 and isn't anymore. Crit Pitch still lets you choose. At least that's what the leaked cards say. Is this War Room being terrible again?

I really need to go buy the new cards already. :v:

Tias posted:

Hey you guys. I'm probably going to dust off my Khador mans and get back in on the wrecked steel game :whatup:

Anything I should know about the new Mk?
Shocktroopers are good/okay now.

And now I know how Conflict Chamber generates URLs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Trashcan posted:

Hot take: I think the Circle Satyr beasts are interesting options in MK 3. In particular, I think you nerds are wrong about the Shadowhorn; in MK 3 it got three interesting buffs:

(1) beatback
(2) chain attack throw
(3) the general back strike changes

If you throw in one of our many MAT fixers, then you have a 12pt beast with MAT 10 capable of jumping behind someone and sending them 9-10'' towards your lines (4-5'' beatback and a 5'' throw). You'll probably be leaving the Shadowhorn out in the open, but you've also enabled a potential 2 for 1 piece trade on a 12pt beast. That's not bad! It might even be good!
Tbh I don't really see the chain attack as much of a buff. I'd rather just use a regular power attack than go for the chain attack and invite the dice to gently caress me along the way. It's not like the Shadowhorn's wet noodle attacks are going to do much damage, so why bother? (e: Unless the stars align and there's a great opportunity where Beatback really matters.) On that note, STR 10 still isn't great for power attack purposes.
Back strike changes and cost reduction should help, though, and the fury reduction doesn't hurt the Shadowhorn's primary purpose although it does mean that even Primal'd it's useless as a beater.

As for the other two satyrs, they were overcosted in Mk2 and got a lot of nerfs, so I don't see them being worth it now despite their lower cost. I have no play experience to back that up, though, and the Rip Horn at least looks like a reasonably functional heavy for its small point and fury footprint.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 4, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I don't play Khador so take this with a grain of salt, but the Behemoth is possibly the best jack in the game right now. Its subcortex rule just gives it powerful attack on the bombards now, and it got cheaper. Apart from that I've been seeing Kodiaks, Juggernauts and Torch a lot. Winter Guard Infantry is apparently kinda poo poo now but the Rifle Corps is good and can take rockets. Iron Fangs are great and MoW Shocktroopers look playable at least. I've only seen them on the table once, though.

Aiyana & Holt suck now (Kiss is friendly Faction now, but in Khador they might still be needed to hand out magic weapons I guess?) and the Spriggan fell behind by standing still. I think those might be the biggest losers in Khador alongside WGI.

And I think the casters generally didn't change much but got a few targeted buffs. There are exceptions - Zerkova got overhauled apparently (I have no idea what she had in Mk2 just that whatever it was sucked) and Strakhov is insane now.
Anyway, Freezing Grip costs 1 less focus now, afaik that's all that changed about Sorscha. No idea what they did with Butcher2, just that Homicidal Maniac changed a lot somehow.

Oh, and Iron Flesh is an ARM buff now.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 4, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Re: Helynna, would she be a good caster to pair with Kaelyssa?
To me it looks like this should work, since Helynna can do something about high DEF & ARM, which Kaelyssa might have problems with. And even though she likes jacks with good guns she should be able to run a list that isn't too bothered by anti-ranged tech.
But then again I still haven't gotten around to playing a game with Ret, so what do I know?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

gannyGrabber posted:

The only dissapointment for me these days as khador is that torch does what spriggan does, for the same cost, and also other things. Naturally I own spriggan and no torch.
A few weeks ago the Spriggan was the only non-character Khador jack I'd see outside of gimmick lists. Illustrates how much was wrong with warjacks pretty well, I guess.

LordAba posted:

They somehow written Exemplar Bastions Sanguine Bond ability worse as well. I'm pretty sure I know what they intend, but the way that it is written if you have 1 model take 5 damage you can choose to pass one point of damage to one model and only end up taking 1 point of damage. I'm guessing this isn't intended?
Haha, this is beautiful. Bastions are just a blob of accidental Ancient Shroud. :allears:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

GoodBee posted:

I tried reading Sanguine Bond to get this result and I can't do it. I can see how you can misunderstand it this way but that doesn't make it RAW.
It seems pretty straightforward to me, as far as RAW lawyering goes:

When this model would suffer damage from an enemy attack while in formation, you can choose one or more models in its unit within 3˝ of it to suffer any amount of that damage instead, divided as you choose.
If you do, this model does not suffer that damage. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Sanguine Bond than it has unmarked damage boxes.

Could have been avoided with cleaner language than calling what's clearly intended to be first the damage total and then the shunted damage both "that damage", but as it is it's an easy case to make. One that nobody is going to take seriously, of course, but still.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I wasn't around for the field test, but no matter how bad it was, running an apparently completely internal playtest shouldn't have been their answer to that.

GEMorris posted:

I think the legit critique of pp right now is they are acting like baby primadonna designers who can't ever admit fault. They started the narrative of "three years of playtesting" and are so committed to it they can't own up to their obvious mistakes.
I don't know, Soles at least owned up to mistakes when he was called out on some lovely Circle rules.
And considering how small the playtesting team apparently was and how much they had to try and balance, I can totally believe they spent 3 years on that.
I mean, some of the dumb poo poo that they didn't catch is straight up embarassing, like Cleave/Death Toll and Knockdown/Gang, or Soles saying that giving the Blood Pack Assault instead of Assault & Battery is a buff.
But overall I can't even blame the people that playtested the rules, just whoever thought that a few people could run a playtest for hundreds of models in a complex game like this, with no outside input over several years, all on the side while fulfilling other roles in the company, and that would somehow work out just fine.

Honestly, I think they could have picked like 10 reasonably good players and let them playtest these rules for a month and I'm sure we at least wouldn't be talking about most of the stupid rules (non-)interactions that slipped through.

Also, I was still on board with Mk3 before the Gang/Knockdown bullshit because despite all the faults in the rules PP seemed committed to fix the issues people found. But now I'm already losing faith because it's hard to shake the feeling that they decided there are just too many models with Flank and Gang to make new cards for all of them, so gently caress it, working as intended.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 4, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Iceclaw posted:

What's the consensus over the circle and Skorne one? And the Cygnar one? Asking for a friend.
Circle one is legit. Scything Touch and Primal mean even the Argus can be a threat. It's mostly about not giving the wolf away too easily, which Tanith has good tools for.
Kozlov is a problem, though. His ability to hand out Pathfinder, Steady and a SPD buff make him hard to deal with.

Oh, and don't try too hard to use Tanith's gun imo. Playing her forward is risky.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Has anyone played with the Fane Knight in Mk3? His output looks pretty anemic for such an expensive solo, but a Shield Guard that can easily reach twentysomething ARM against shooting shouldn't be too bad.

Also, I just now saw they're releasing the Kaelyssa resculpt as a metal model in September. Which means I'll stick to Helynna for now, I guess.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Either Baldur and a Woldwrath, possibly even two, looks pretty strong. Unfortunately also only slightly more fun than Bradigus.

My own games with Ret have been limited to lower point values, but I like Helynna a lot. Probably not even going to expand much until the metal Kaelyssa resculpt comes out and the first round(s) of errata are out.

fnordcircle posted:

Maybe it's just a weird angle, but I don't really even understand its face and tusks at all. It seriously took me a minute to figure out what was going on.
All titans look like poo poo to me - I probably would have ended up playing Skorne if Titans weren't so ubiquitous - so I may be slightly biased against this model, but yeah, this looks pretty dumb.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Kithkar posted:

Man is a creepy fucker though, I will say that.
That art book kickstarter. :lol:

From what I've read of the AMA he continues to engage with criticism well and takes the community seriously, though. Which, given the promise of regular errata and open beta feel of the current rules is pretty important imo.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Well, the Earthborn still has innate Pathfinder. Is that a silver lining? :v:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

PaintVagrant posted:

I play both and have had almost no current interest in putting my skorne or legion on the table. Mostly just because the drastic changes to Warmachine are what I want to explore, not because I think hordes factions are bad. In a few months I'll get the skorne itch again.
I think Hordes looks worse than Warmachine but, yeah, if you own both why would you play Hordes right now? Warmachine is the system that got the exciting changes.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Circle was changed in terms of how they deliver their stuff and the loss of the Druid cloud wall. No longer can you just sit back and force your opponent to try to crack the puzzle you set for them while picking off key pieces and scuttling to safety. It's a much more aggressive play style with positioning being even more important.

I'm really liking the Spirit Bond too. That's some good poo poo.?
I think in terms of rules quality Circle is more or less the same as it was. You've got some really amazing poo poo and tons of garbage. I think there are more competitive heavies now and the Woldwrath is good and seemingly well-positioned for Mk3, though, which is a big deal because Circle's units still aren't that good and none of them are what you'd ever really see as the core of a list. I still expect Stalkers to make most lists, but there are more possible ways to go than in Mk2 imo.

If the meta shakes out like it currently looks I wouldn't expect to see an amazing amount of list variety, because if you need to be capable of handling both gunlines and box spam in the shape of a jack wall/beast brick your options are limited.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Isn't Acosta like the personal avatar of that one author that basically shits out Red Pill manifestos in genre fiction form?

Iceclaw posted:

I wouldn't say it look worse. Just same as before.
Yeah, that's kinda it, though. Warmachine got a bigger boost than Hordes. I feel like Hordes needs a solid amount of solo/Minion releases and some buffs to its units to make up for Power Up right now. Fwiw I like what PP did with Legion, taking away their fury management but making more units playable. I can't judge if they buffed the units enough but that's a good direction imo.

Paul Proteus posted:

I might have to disagree on the units comment. Reeves can be the core of a list now, especially with if you put two units and a dmg boosting debuff (like wurmwood).
Fair enough, although a base POW 8 unit won't really shake the faction's overall reliance on its heavies.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Iceclaw posted:

Hordes as a system did not need it though. Some faction may have and still do, but overall Beasts and Fury were a lot more attractive. I mean, come on, your usual Horde list had about as much beasts 'Jack heavy list had Warjacks. Warmachine infantry evened that out, but overall, Warmachine got a boost it needed.
I'm not saying jacks didn't deserve a boost, but if WM infantry evened it out before why didn't Hordes infantry get an overall boost now to keep it equal?

xiw posted:

I picked up a Circle starter box instead of the Menoth one for the journeyman league here. We're going +15 pts per week instead of the wonky listed ones.

This is as far as I've purchased:

Week 1: Tanith
Gorax
Argus
Pureblood

Week 2 - 15 - add Riphorn Satyr
Week 3 - 30 - add full Reeves
Week 4 - 45
Week 5 - 60
Week 6 - 75

I have no idea where to go after that though - I have Alten Ashley to add at some point, but no idea what's good in Circle these days.

Presumably magnetising a warpwolf box will be a good call but fitting it in at +15 points a week looks like a hassle. I'm not really interested in changing warlocks for this league though. Any recommendations?
Yeah, 15 points sucks. Bloodtrackers are 16, Warpwolves even more. I'd be tempted to get min Reeves first and a Stalker second, then upgrade the Reeves to full and add random poo poo like Lanyssa/Alten Ashley/Stones. Then look at Shamblers, Bloodtrackers, or possibly a third heavy (probably Wrong Eye & Snapjaw because starter beasts + extra heavy is about as far as I'd go with Tanith's battlegroup).

The way you seem to be taking it I'd consider Skinwalkers. I'm not sure about this since Tanith doesn't do much for them, but they can still soak up some damage and you're adding a slow heavy and a ranged unit. Obviously very pillow-fisted without the UA, though - I'd even consider a min unit + UA before the full base unit.

Sentry Stones are important pieces for Tanith imo. She also has Prowl, so put in Swamp Gobbers as soon as it's in any way convenient. As you go up in points the Reeve UA also becomes more interesting. Not mandatory, but blast immunity is good. Once you start seeing more infantry, the Night Witch and White Mane are also potentially ridiculous with Affliction.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 14, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, I don't really know either. So far it's been kinda nice, especially since I've been trading beasts away more often. It's no Power Up, though.

Both good changes that help to bring Focus and Fury closer together throughout a game, just not on the same power level.

Also:
Magnificent. I wonder if that guy has Siri call him Savio or just master.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Paul Proteus posted:

How are you adding full reeves? They are 16 pts.
Rip Horn is 14 points.

quote:

*edit* We can take units in ours starting week two. I think I am going to do a unit of woldstalkers and a sentry stone.
poo poo, for one sweet second I forgot the default mangled metal restriction for week 2. (Because we also axed that since it'd lead to some questionable lists and purchases.)

Guess the Rip Horn really is the least bad option then? Going for one of the cheaper Satyrs might also be reasonable, idk, I think they all suck.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, the Rip Horn is functional but I don't see myself ever looking at a list with one in it and being happy with it. I'd always try to find a way to upgrade to a warpwolf.

The other two satyrs are both gimmicky, though, but maybe going for a gimmick is better.
A cheap satyr in week 2 means you can get Gobbers in week 3 as well. e: Assuming full Reeves in week 3. Not sure they'll be needed that early, but it's something.

Either way, if it has to be a satyr, and I guess it does, I'd definitely try to get WE&SJ into the list at some point. A Pureblood and a goat just aren't enough.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 14, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Also, saying the Rip Horn is good when it's buffed is not really going to get anyone to reconsider tbh. It gets a lot of attacks for a low point and fury investment, that's its whole thing. Of course it works well with damage buffs/ARM debuffs.
That's already where its problems begin, though, because it needs at least one of these to function, so it's not entirely a cheap throwaway model.

And then you compare it to a Feral, who is faster, more survivable, more accurate, hits harder and has Primal. There's only so much a 4 point cost difference can make up for.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Some general notes though:

Convergence isn't getting regular releases so avoid them.
Mercs, Cryx and Trolls are expensive for various reasons. Minions as well, to a lesser degree.
Skorne is, uh, maybe not in the best place right now.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, absolutely.
I think it's safe to say that Skorne are worse than, say, Khador or Menoth, but it's not like Skorne is 100% unplayable trash. So in the end if picking them up is on the table it's more a question of how important relative faction power is to you.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
As for simple/easy to play, I wouldn't even think about that. This game is a pretty big time and money investment, don't decide what you want to play based on how hard the first games are going to be. And all factions have their straightforward lists.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Most Circle players having at least either Krueger2 or the tree is pretty much what I expected. I'm also surprised to see no Baldur, though, and I definitely wouldn't have thought someone would bring Brad except to publicly burn him.

Also, I'm happy to see Kaelyssa, Ossyan and Helynna so often, those are exactly the three Ret casters I want to play.

e: Both Minions players bring double Brigands in a list, that's, well, it's one more than I would have expected.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 15, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, I don't own Brigands but I might pick them up before their current models (which I've always liked a lot) get replaced. I've been thinking of playing them with Tanith instead of a second unit of Reeves as an independent module that can still benefit a lot from both Scything Touch and Affliction under the right circumstances.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Trashcan posted:

Does Hog Wild work with Dig In? That would be nice :allears:
I don't think that works anymore, since special actions are a way of spending your combat action now, and Hog Wild specifically prevents the Brigands from doing anything but making melee attacks during their combat action.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Skorne is the most accidentally meta faction in any game I know.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
75 points with Specialists is nice imo because you can't bring everything you could possibly need at once but Specialists still allow you to prepare for most things and make skew lists less attractive.

I really hope Specialists becomes the default for bigger tournaments. There's always the issue of discouraging newer players or those that are just getting into a new faction when they need an extra 20 points worth of models, so it's obviously not going to work for a lot of small local Steamrollers. But purely from a gameplay perspective it seems ideal to me.

e: Not that the rules for Masters or whatever are immediately relevant for most of the games that I play, but I'd like it if I could bring a list + specialists and nobody would bat an eye because it's an accepted standard.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 15, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
For bonus points, they did this after renaming Krueger2's Storm Wall spell to Windstorm.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Depends, are other models close to the Hellmouth within Hellmouth range?

(Note that if there's a second Hellmouth close to the Hellmouth it can't be pushed closer to the Hellmouth by Hellmouth.)

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 17, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Farrow Brigands can now charge when using Hog Wild (again).

Also, the clearly overpowered Wold Guardian was reined in by taking Sturdy away from it.
e: Which is to make it work with Bradigus' feat, I know, but still.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 18, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

S.J. posted:

Well then you know it's a buff, so...
Getting rid of a rules conflict with one caster by removing a rule is a buff?
I mean, Sturdy alone is hardly going to make or break a model, and tbh I don't really care about Bradigus or the Wold Guardian.
But come on.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

S.J. posted:

His DEF is low enough that not being able to be knocked down is practically irrelevant. A positive interaction with a powerful feat is a buff. Being able to be pushed or w/e is rarely going to be relevant for him.
He still can't be KD'd, Sturdy is just no pushes.
And that's a niché rule, sure, but one that can work well together with its animus, Shield Guard and Ram.
It's not a big deal, and I realize that the Wold Guardian might get errata'd again in the future, but they took a rule away from a lovely model and I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to find that a little silly.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

S.J. posted:

But removing what looks to be an obviously unintended negative rule interaction is silly to you? I mean obviously it's a buff, and arguably he needs it, since the guys purpose has changed quite a bit, he picked up more boxes and lost his anti-shooting animus.
A buff when it's in a Bradigus list, which if we're going the route of looking at which casters the Wold Guardian is likely to be played with isn't necessarily a buff overall since the Baldurs are looking a lot better than Bradigus right now.
But that's beside the point. I just don't see why it was necessary to make the Wold Guardian work with Bradigus by removing Sturdy when they could have, for example, rewritten Bradigus' feat to make it not a push effect.

Generally speaking, I think it'd be best if all these rules would let the player controlling the model with Sturdy or whatever choose whether or not to apply it, but I guess that's not in the books.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Also, I'd much rather talk about the Brigands than my half-assed throwaway joke about PP taking a rule away from the already underwhelming Wold Guardian.

Because Brigands were already legit before Hog Wild charges were reinstated.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Are there any Elara spoilers anywhere? e: Apart from the reported Field Marshal rule. I'll take unsubstantiated rumors.

I just now read the latest Insider and although there are better models, I can't lie, those dumb anime goggles and the double-bladed scythe are kind of appealing to the twelve-year-old in me.

Also, I need to know if she retained battlegroup Refuge in some way.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 2, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I'm on the verge of just selling off all my Circle and going all in on Ret, but Wrong Eye is kind of keeping me in the faction so far.
If I sell my Circle at some point I'll probably pick up some Legion or Gators just so I can keep playing with WE&SJ. Still my favorite models in the game, and just so good in Mk3.

S.J. posted:

I should probably put Sloan on a base at some point, I guess?
If you have no morals and do not value your fellow man's enjoyment of miniature gaming, yes.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Elara is not what I expected, but I'm down.

I wonder how many of the promoted juniors on the Hordes side are going to have Scything Touch.

Also, no Gastone? I think there hasn't been a single non-Cephalyx merc caster release in the time I've been playing this game.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rkajdi posted:

When did you start? I think two merc units (Gobber River Raiders and the Devil's Whatever Mutineers) came out after the Cephalyx stuff. But yeah, Mercs haven't been getting many updates to the main charters.
Right before Cephalyx came out, actually.
And I was talking specifically about merc casters. Just seems like they haven't gotten one in a while, apart from the Cephalyx.

e: Apparently, the last one was Ossrum in late 2012.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Khisanth Magus posted:

What you are talking about is the absolutely lovely release system that GW uses. I really don't want to watch PP go that route, it is a horrible system.
When I got into this game, one of the big arguments the ex-Warham PG I talked to had was that PP doesn't use the codex system. I never played a GW game and he still stressed that point. Multiple times if I remember correctly. So, uh. This is strange to see. I thought/hoped that the theme force books would be like the Mk2 faction books. Just releases to collect all the updated rules in one place for each faction with some new models thrown in to make them at least kind of exciting.

This, though? With Minions and Mercs confirmed to get their own books and a new faction incoming, even if PP releases a book per month there's going to be a faction (read: CoC) not getting anything in a given year if this is the only release model.
I could see it make more sense if PP considers the original 4 factions of both Hordes and Warmachine relatively close to being finished and is considering expanding the game more by adding new factions than adding the 100th thing to the existing ones, which I think is the way to go. If they keep expanding and introducing factions at more or less the same rate as now, though, this system sucks.

Also, what is even going to be in those books? Can't be that much unless they just completely stop testing stuff before releasing it, which, "Three years of playtesting!" jokes aside, I kinda doubt.

Anyway, the most alarming thing here is that I can see the day where I give in and download War Room approaching fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Our meta here is stable, but the only miniatures game with any real momentum is X-Wing.
I kinda want to get into that myself, but the most active player around here is a huge rear end in a top hat.