Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I remember when Warmachine was the game people switched to after they Jesus flipped the table and left 40k. Now it's all grown up and Guidball is the reactionary nerd dollies game of choice. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Be real with me, how many factions you gonna go through in Mark 3 so that I never feel like painting again

You've just earned an honorary membership in our local Troll PV Nonstop club, gratz.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

gilljoy posted:

So troll players after buying the new box what can I do with 2 bouncers, 2 axers and 3 Impalers?

Also what the gently caress can I do with the 10 shredders I have

I've seen guys like Pagani and Jay Larsen testing lists with double bouncers, so that may turn out to be a thing. I could see a list with double axers. I'm not sure about the Impalers, though I guess Gunnbjorn or Grim 2 could run a couple.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Mountain King is good now and I'm just not sure how to handle that you guys

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

I'm pretty sure "Doomshaper 2" is a good way to handle that

I was rolling with Ragnor, but this is probably going to happen too.

Killing satyrs with two hits each was fun and good, especially when he tanked a retaliation from a Stalker that charged for free with Primal and warped STR. :getin:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Magile posted:

It's rather soon to ask, but does anyone know if there's a reliable place to find the new Prime MK3 rulebook in its battlebox format (a.k.a. the mini-rulebook)? It's such a handy thing, but since I play CoC exclusively, I don't have an easy access to it unless I feel like delving into purchasing another army (which, at this moment in time, is not really an option).

I can send you a copy of Primal for $5 to cover the cost of postage. It has all the Prime rules in an appendix. I got two Hordes boxes so I have an extra. Shoot me a PM.

(This assumes you live in the US.)

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

fnordcircle posted:

I tend to run a lot of doomies, so the tough hate has hurt my feelings.

*plays Trolls*

Lol

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
PV let's go to WMW. :getin: :catdrugs: :frogsiren:

Maybe just make a few more stops along the way there and back. Eheh eheh.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hello here are some bad pics of babby's first Hunters Grim tyvm for looking at them!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Finished my plastic Axer. Just have to paint Ragnor to have the new box painted up.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor status after second week of play: still sick nasty.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Looks legit, good job.

For constructive criticism, I would say the rock on the base looks a little flat.

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 16, 2016

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I played Ragnor before Jay made him cool. :colbert:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Finished babby's first Ragnor and battlegroup:

:hellyeah:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My warlocks won't even fit in my photobox, lollers

Color correction went wonky in that second image, jeez.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor with a shitloaf (gently caress it not fixing that typo) of shield guards gives 0 fucks about Kara Sloan, as it turns out. I did lose my MK to her feat but by then was super dominant on scenario and won next turn. Ragnor continues to own bones.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I kind of want to play Menoth?!?

gently caress

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean I'm already a dbag for playing the incredibly OP trolls

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Oh I lie to myself and believe that I'll eventually go back to a faction. I finally sold my 40k Ork army last year, and I haven't played 40k since 2010. :c00lbutt:

This is basically me with my minions. And my 40k orks and marines I finally sold a few months ago. Hadn't played a game since like 2012.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got the new NQ at my lgs two days ago.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Painted my Xekaar and Raider, and replaced my Mk2 Skorne demo box.

I used to be able to do much better pictures. Not sure where I went wrong.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Hot drat those look great. What color green is that?

Thanks! The base color is VMC Emerald, though there are washes and highlights involved as well.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

Hey is that Iron kingdoms book, Wild Adventure, out yet.
I didnt see an Iron Kingdoms thread so im asking here.

Yeah it came out in May or June.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Madrak3 spotted at Gencon

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

!Klams posted:

It's my quarterly 'where the gently caress is my siege crawler?' post.

It's in the solicits for November.

Edit: from Jay Larsen's tweeters :

Nov. releases: conquest / viktor, siege crawler, Gibbs, Megalith resculpt, Nyss Warlord, Karax CA, Farrow brigands / commandos.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'd be more interested in Guildball if it wasn't for the "gently caress PP play a real game" kind of vibe I get from some players of it. More importantly, I just don't care for the looks of any of the teams or whatever. My mandollies have to be pretty pretty mandollies for me to be interested. :allears:

Ironically, that same attitude from ex-GW players taking up Warmachiine kept me from WMH for a couple extra years. Some things never change.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey fellow nerdlingers, come to our sweet gaming con in Michigan. We're doing a Who's the Boss on Friday night, WTC style team event on Saturday, and WMW Qualifier on Sunday. There's a ton of other gaming going on too but you should just do the Saturday and Sunday events because I am running them and they are obviously superior. :goonsay:

Website with event info (some needs updated, should be fixed today).

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Deathclock is the best.

So is painting mandollies.

Look at my Madrak.

Here's the comparison with the Madrak1 I did when I got my first Trollblood models.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm running our first Mk3 Journeyman and broke out my gators for it. Right now I can say the gator battlebox equivalent is real bad. It's not helped when so many people picked up Khador. Kozlov totally fucks over Barnabas with Chosen Ground and armor too high to chew through. That's not even getting into the terrible progression you'd have to follow in the unmodified Journeyman rules.

That all sounds pretty negative, but gators are still cool and good in general. Plus this way I'm easy pickings for all the new guys, heh.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I'm fairly new to trolls, but not the game. I've made it full circle through all of the factions (other than cryx) and I was wondering why the Krielstone appeals to troll players. It reminds me of an extremely high maintenance girlfriend. She constantly needs attention, frequently demanding resources you don't have and gives you very little in return. Sure, removing incorporeal is nice, but you can take a sorcerer and save 6 points. Sure, removing steal is nice, but how many of your lists rely on non-spray shooting anyways? Oh you need to be in two zones? Well...I'm busy over here looking at new shoes, so I'll armor and str buff the things that are close enough, but the rest of you are on your own.

Recently I've been comparing them to the runeshapers to them a lot latetly and what they bring to the table for the points. I've found that 9 out of 10 times the runeshapers are earning their points in ways the krielstone isn't.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Luebbi posted:

Well, the ARM buff is extremely potent, especially in the current gun meta. It helps immensely against Hunters, and puts your beast in levels where people have to really work for the kill. It also buffs stuff like Kriel Warriors to the sweet part of the dice curve; pow10 shooting now needs 8 instead of 6 to kill. Lastly, it's hard to remove with shooting. I've seen lists without it, but I always have to factor it in when playing against Trolls. And applying the buff doesn't seem too hard in non-split scenarios.

Fakeposting is a dead art apparently. :negative:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Alpha Phoenix posted:

That's why i shitpost instead.

Pro move imo.

My favorite part of that fakepost is the super casual misogyny dude is making GBS threads out everywhere. :pwn:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor is Steady, and can't be knocked down. I hope you're still using the Bouncer, which is a good model with a great animus. You should spam that animus as much as possible on key pieces like your Mauler.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I get it mixed up with Ragnor's cover spell. My bad.

Only one animus can be on a model at one time. You could rush the Mauler, have him charge, then cast Rage on himself before he does his charge attack. But that's a lot of Fury and means two less attacks for the Mauler. So it's only useful in specific circumstances.

Edit: fukken Commies

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor stil owns, but probably only because PaintVagrant's dice hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. :negative:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nighttheii posted:

Painted the new Knight Exemplar officer. Fun sculpt, and I'm excited to use the unit now.

Looks sweet. Purple is underutilized for minis.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Lol I painted a Boneswarm.

This is what I get for running a Journeyman and picking my gators. :owned:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Took a hard swing from one of the worst Minion models to one of the best :getin:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Saalkin posted:

Bring them to the bar.

Some weirdo in the 40k thread used to talk about building his tyranids at some local bar, so do this if you want to channel one of the gooniest goons who ever gooned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The Glacier King is a real bad model you guys.