Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

albany academy posted:

New hordes faction hails from the mysterious lands of Nilbog

Nilbog is goblin spelled backwards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Because three years of testing proved they were in a good spot balance-wise.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

mr. stefan posted:

I can't wait for elara2 to be an utter disappointment of an assassination caster

This was my exact first thought. My second thought was, "oooooh the Troll one could be awesome! "

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I used to see people recommend hand gun and rifle cases for cheap foam cases. I just want to say: Don't do this!

That is what you use if you want people to break into your car and steal your mans.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
No, play The New Fatty (Malekus) with 3 Vanquishers and pump out 12 fully buffed, feated shots with them. That will make him check the rule book.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
If his feat let you shoot your warjack guns 4 times each, he would be the most powerful caster in the game.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

moths posted:

We had the full-steam launch event Saturday, and I actually won a game. It took concentrating fire on his caster (and Morty interfacing with a Kraken on her feat turn,) but that was my first actual Warmachine victory.

Anyway, here's a cross-post from the oath thread!

:siren:

This stuff looks amazing!

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
He will always be GrannyGrabber to me.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
The Sucker concept art should have been his model. He looks way too static.

Even when shooting a gun one-handed you don't stand flat footed.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

S.J. posted:

Borrowing that dudes army to play Kaya 2 for a single game made me want to play circle again so. drat. bad.

What did your Kaya2 list look like?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
All the new casters suck.

Am i doing this right?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

S.J. posted:

*gets PG status revoked for poo poo posting on an AMA*

What? Are you serious?

Maybe this is a reference i just don't know?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I can't afford to update all the armies I have, so I put my Retribution on ebay. I am selling a huge Scyrah army with KR cases and foam if you guys know anyone looking to start Retribution.

I am going to focus on finishing my Convergence, and stick with Convergence and Trolls!

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Gareth.

Your Ret look amazing. Which greys went into that armor?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Blood Pack are still terrible, right?

Theme force doesn't change that, so my Circle list stays in the closet until everything is cool and good from the errata process.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

ShowTime posted:

Being that loud, obnoxious guy isn't something most people are proud of.

Those people are just jealous of how much fun I am having.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Jimmy Hats posted:

I can't fathom why the gnarl/riphorn aren't Fury4

Mark 3 Design Philosophy (TM): Make everything good in Mk2 bad, and vice versa.

Real post: i cant figure it out at all. Circle went from having a 4 fury light to having a 3 fury heavy.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 28, 2017

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Iosan John Wick killing Mk1 Space Marines?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
You would think that the Minion beta testers would have figured this out with three years worth of games.

Edit: i really want CID to work. With as much WM/H stuff as i have in my game closet... i need it to.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 11, 2017

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

chutche2 posted:

Weekend after the convention, no one I demoed for and who said they were interested showed up.

In talks with the few remaining members of the community, they all have 4th edition 40k armies that we're talking about taking out of the attic. Getting started on a horus heresy army.

I have a steamroller set for april 9th, doing as much advertising as I can. The store is ordering a pin set for prize support. If no one shows up then I'm going to start selling stuff. I'll keep my main armies, Khador Protectorate and Skorne. Already in talks with someone to sell my pirates off.

That sucks to hear, man. Good luck with getting the game going in your community.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Hoarluk needs to eat more Cygnarans. They deserve it.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Supply is much higher than demand. Expect to get like 30% of MSRP.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
miniature market is having a privateer press firesale.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Just because a game scene is healthy doesnt mean products are moving. I think in large part the game is in a maintain-state currently, and not a growing state.

For an online retailer its all about quantity. Miniature Market used to do weekly restocks with 25 heavy warjacks for most factions every week. Now i see their numbers at like 4 every few weeks.

Either the product isnt selling at all, or its just selling elsewhere (local shops).

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
They just released Skirmish Rules for Age of Sigmar. That is what he was referring to.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have a lot of CoC I would part with if anyone is interested. PM me.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Jimmy Hats posted:

They need an aesthetic they can 'borrow' from another successful game. I hear the godtear kickstarter did really well.

Strange technological humans from the shores of Minfinity. Their faction unique ability is shooting at you when you move into their LOS.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Are you talking $3 to $5, or more?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am trying to clean out some hobby closet space:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmachine-Convergence-of-Cyriss-Army-Lot-HUGE/173427430948

Share with your friends, please. (Lower 48 US)

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have Menoth from Mark2, which means I have useless trash.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

dexefiend posted:

I am trying to clean out some hobby closet space:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmachine-Convergence-of-Cyriss-Army-Lot-HUGE/173427430948

Share with your friends, please. (Lower 48 US)

My auction ends in a little more than 12 hours... if anyone wants a deal on nearly the entire Convergence of Cyriss line.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Unless you only want their IP and you believe you can buy the company for an amount near to your estimate of the value of their IP.

Without seeing their balance sheet, we can't know the financial value of the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
The shock of finding out you suck at a game can be jarring.

Sometimes people go thinking they are going to *surely* win ... when they get their poo poo pushed in, it is disheartening.

However, if you go to have fun, chances are you will. You will also not drop unless the mood of the tournament sucks.