Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The flank/gang/gang fighter interaction is dumb as hell and I hope they just straightup change the rules to bring it back without breaking anything else in the process.

Gonna start putting together my Legion BB today :toot:

EDIT: According to one of my friends, various podcasts are discussing a new round of leaks, from the next expansion books. I can't listen to podcasts, so anyone else heard about this thing?

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Alpha Phoenix posted:

:allears:

Also some upcoming stuff is in war room fwiw.

This isn't stuff like the Arcane Tempest Riflemen or the Skorne Dakar, that particular wave of stuff is supposed to be in Prime/Primal, right? (Not getting my mitts on books until Saturday). No, this is supposed to be stuff from the next round of books past Prime/Primal.

rkajdi posted:

I haven't heard anything, but I might not be listening to the right podcasts. Which ones are mentioned?

"P+S" podcast from Muse on Minis feed? This is all secondhand from my friend who listened to it, I'm hard of hearing so podcasts are straight out the window for me.

He says that a Slovakian copy leaked or something, and that the podcast mentioned 5 all-new abilities:

-Immunity to magic damage (so not total spell immunity, or enemy spell immunity, just magic damage)
-Crack Shot: Ranged attack can't be Shield Guarded
-Iron Fist: Special ability/attack/something where the attack hits automatically but does no damage, but inflicts -4 DEF until end of turn
-Sap Will: Enemy living model within range of (model) gets -2 CMD until end of turn, on a FA:3 model
-Arcane Interference: Prevents Power Field regeneration? Or something? On an elf, could be Nyss/Ret/both.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

head58 posted:

I just listened to their most recent episode that came out today and they didn't talk about any of that stuff. You need to kick your friend in the junk.

I just followed up with him and he said it was the one from last week, the one also talking about the new CoC colossal?

I honestly don't think he's loving with me or the type to be inaccurate, but if you wanna double-check?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

My sole specific bitch about Mk3 is Hex Hunters. They were great in my Mk2 Lylyth list with feat turn featuring a shitbarrage of charges and magic bolts with rolling 3d6 to hit, but they lost 1 DEF, 1 SPD, and stealth changed to Prowl, and I feel like in the current gunline it makes Banshees the superior choice for fast engagers/single-wound screen hosers. 14/12 singlewounders with conditional stealth just don't hold a candle to 15/13 (Force Barrier) that get stealth much easier (Assassins).

I'd really like Hex Hunters to get stealth back, I wouldn't find that overwhelming. They're still vulnerable to blast but they're much better in melee than Banshees by virtue of their attack rating and melee defense.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I gotta say, while I find some crossovers plausible (Cygnar or Merc partisan Cygnar Magnus3, Merc partisan Cygnar Caine2), I'm not so sure that Ret Goreshade is gonna be a thing. "Purged" in the context of the Scryah thing could just mean driving off Goreshade, while "unlikely" with respect to Vyros could just mean Goreshade hosed back off to Cryx lands and is therefore too far for Vyros to consider getting at.

Keep in mind Goreshade was literally, what, murdering babies while he was still alive? There's a huge illwill thing going on even with the possibility of a personal repentance on his part.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

KR Multicase question:

I'm planning on redoing my case packing strategy, ordering a couple of standard size KR cardboard cases and transferring my warriors/jacks/beasts to them, because digging through a 2x size case is getting tiresome. Much easier to have standard size ones allocated specifically for jacks, units, etc.

That leaves me with three 2x size cases, 2 aluminum and one card. I want to get large foam trays so I can put my Stormwall and Storm Strider in one, Blightbringer and AA in another, and Throne/Lylyth3/something in the third. Looking at the KR site though, I only see foam trays that are ~110mm deep, or about 1 KR unit, right? I'd be looking at getting stuff that's 2 KR units high so I can drop those suckers straight in (...I think. I just realized I haven't done a proper measurement, but I think they'll all fit with the possible exception of the AA, which might need to be laid out in a case with Lylyth3 on another tier). Am I basically looking at getting 4x V1H per box, then cutting the bottom out of 2 of them, and stacking them?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Literally the only reason I didn't pick up the Skorne box and go wholehog into Cyclops Naareth/All the constructs Zaal/Mordy is because I'm already balancing 3.5 factions.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

rydiafan posted:

I'm a power-gamer, obviously. That's why I play pigs.

Also power-gaming Will IRL with a hundred Bart hats :madmax:

(That was you, right?)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Yeah, the same spymaster who ran Caine in Blood of Kings had him assassinate Llael's king to throw the country into confusion and basically keep Khador from focusing too much on actual Cygnar territory. I don't much get the logic unless he thought that Llael would stay out of Khador incursion into Cygnar territory. A two-front war seems like it would be harder on Khador than a war and an occupation. Oh well~

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I know for Legion, at least, virtually every list I make is gonna have the Protector and either Zuriel/Harrier. Shield Guard plus Guard Dog plus Dodge is just too good a combo to pass up. Succubus also hands out clouds, which give at least Concealment (and stealth in the case of Lylyth1).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It's funny, because an acquaintance of mine who lives in another city related an instance of to-new-player crappiness just last night, but apparently it took a different tack: Guy walked in Wednesday evening during regular play looking for a demo game, no less than three judges and a PG there, but somehow he walked out without getting one. He felt like they just kinda didn't make any especial effort to engage with the new guy, more hanging out in their own group.

I encouraged my friend to go ahead and walk the guy through a few starter games, said friend has been playing only about a year but it's been intensively and I think he's better than he gives himself credit for.

So yeah, it's not just douchebaggery that can kill new players' interest in the game, but also being ignored.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Really, I wish they'd get around to giving the CoC players at least a new warcaster. Between the new bent a warcaster usually brings, and the CoC thing with MAT/RAT inheriting, just that could shake up the faction decently.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I could also see a Minions/Skorne crossover pretty easily. Less so for Everblight. Maybe an "allies for hire/convenience" theme for Circle/Trolls and a "slaves" theme for Skorne/Legion?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Wizard Styles posted:

Isn't Acosta like the personal avatar of that one author that basically shits out Red Pill manifestos in genre fiction form?

Pretty much. He already did it in one series apparently, and surprise surprise Acosta is basically what he wishes he was in another series.

I actually have Acosta, but I stopped painting him after I learned how garbo the guy was. Think I might go back and be petty about it in my painting though. Maybe a nice rainbow cloak or ACLU-colors cloak.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I feel like this is good advice for nearly every faction, due to how dumb week 2's 10 bg only points ends up.

No kidding. Legion battlebox really needed a proper heavy, not just the Neraph. Even a Ravagore would have been better. As it stands, you're basically adding a Raek or a Protector. Maybe Soldier?

I'm thankful my PG said that week two would be 15 and week 3 would be 10, and we could add anything in week 2.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I've played both Cygnar and Legion quite a bit, and I think Cygnar also profited handsomely from Mk3. Legion is still good I think, but people are having to sort out what constitutes the new Legion. Having our Shepherds go from removing all fury to one, even with a +1 to their field allowance, is making something of a difference.

Paint-wise, I think Legion might be a bit easier, insofar as you have skin, then their natural armor/individual scales. The Nephilim might need additional thought about metal armor and cloth, but that's about it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I've been talking with one of my friends about the 75 pt size that people are trying out. He feels like it's just a touch too limited for running support in addition to infantry and warstuff. Anyone else think we might see the community moving up a bit, to maybe 85 or so?

WAR FOOT posted:

Pretty much the only aesthetic I'm not huge on is Trollbloods. I was thinking if I was teaching someone the basics I'd just run the CoC with standard focus rules, regardless. Induction seems needlessly complex for a first time.

You ask for a contrast, so I guess I'd ask: how do you play your CoC? Is it a swarm of warjacks with induction waterfalling, or the multiwound troops, or the single-wounder swarms? Or a mix?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

fnordcircle posted:

Does the new wording on concealment change that whole "I have to move closer to my attacker to get concealment because they're on the other side of this small forest and I'm only partially in" dumbness?

I thought it did at first, but it's a separate thing from how forests work, if you go to the pertinent page. Shame, I get what they were going for, but it's led to some real flavor wonkiness in favor of gameplay.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I'm not even sure what they could do with a Trencher theme list. Extended deployment zone and Grenadier jacks get high explosive 10?

Trench Busters get Girded back :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Images for the lesser warlocks -> full warlocks are starting to filter out, apparently. Here's Fyanna, she's looking p. cool! :toot:

ranbo das posted:

Oh ok this makes range a lot worse than I thought it was. The guy was buying 4 shots on every mech with a ranged shot every turn. Still need to figure out how to get around the riflemen who can shoot through the choir and cripple mechs. I assume repair bot lets you remove any damage box?

Also sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, this guy is the only person I've played against and apparently he doesn't really know the rules and if I play against other people I want to know how to actually play.

:stare:

If this guy is really doing what it sounds like, he's intentionally or unintentionally blatantly cheating.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Iceclaw posted:

I kinf og want to play very faction sooo...

High five indecisive buddy :smith::hf::smith:

Really, with 3.75 factions already (Cygnar, Cryx, Legion, mercenaries because lol 2e Cygnar, a scattering of trolls) in addition to other games, I shouldn't, but I so want to check Menoth/Skorne/Minions out.

Maybe if I get that one postdoc I really want I'll reward myself with one of those :unsmith:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

All I'm saying is, he plays the faction with Old Witch in it.

On an actual WMH note: how does Kraken play with the Goreshades/pSturgis/Gaspy3 and maybe Scav/Vene in Mk3? There's a discounted one at a store that I'm thinking of getting (discounted in anticipation of the Kraken/Sepulcher multikit, I'm betting).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Actually, Trolls now have access to the Swamp Gobber Chef, which lets you remove a friendly warrior model from play to remove fury from a warbeast of the same faction as the removed warrior model (it grants Comfort Food to friendly warrior models in its command, then warbeasts that are friendly faction to the model with comfort food can eat 'em). Gives you more options with the cheaper per model units as far as fury control goes.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The PP webstore doesn't open until tomorrow, right?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

gently caress almighty, finally managed to get everything and checked out. Soon my friends and I will have new toys!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

w00tmonger posted:

Id buy the gently caress out of Tom of Finland great bears

Only if their nipples are 0.5" melee weapons.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

"no, something awful, you are the garbage"

and then the something awful forums were garbage

But seriously, glad I struggled through the store freaking out earlier today. Got Jakes/Tristan/Aiakios for myself, and Elara for my friend.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Saalkin posted:

Gonna try this on the weekend.

Cryx

75 / 75 Army

Captain Aiakos - WJ: +29
- The Withershadow Combine - Maelovus, Admonia & Tremulus: 9
- Kraken - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)
- Reaper - PC: 13
- Reaper - PC: 13

Pistol Wraith - PC: 5
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Necrotech - PC: 2
Soul Trapper - PC: 1

Bane Warriors - Leader & 9 Grunts: 17

---

GENERATED : 08/05/2016 08:19:30
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

Sounds pretty sweet, let me know how it goes. I'm trying to fit in Bloodgorgers/Slaughterborn in place of the Warriors/something else, but otherwise pretty similar.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Nighttheii posted:

Epic Una. Hopefully her lack of birds means she learned how to control more than just griffons.

An incentive to take Griffons but not lock her out of other stuff would be cool. Maybe Veteran Leader (or whatever it is) Griffon to give them +1 to attack rolls.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Insert the final nail in the coffin that is Three Years of Playtesting joke here.

*types "#designspace" into comment box on Facebook, leans back and smiles smugly*

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

There was also a special Vlad1 sculpt they did as a fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina. One or two of the guys at my shop has it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Can a winter guard artillery captain (fuk u I'm not spelling it with a k) use artillerist on a warjack? His other abilities say they work on weapon crews but artillerist says friendly faction model.

The Trencher equivalent in Mk2 and now 3 could, and I frequently used it with the Grenadier. I'm pretty sure it's intentional.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I don't play Khador, but I do kibitz with my Khador-playing friend a bit, and I really feel like Victor under Strakhov, with Sentry, should be good.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Crossroads of Courage season 1 stuff up: http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/leagues/crossroads-of-courage

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'd use AOEs, electroleaps, or sprays. they're armor 13, so even blast damage stands a good chance of pinging them. They've got 13 boxes, so even 4-5 points of damage per stands a good chance of knocking out an aspect or two.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

koreban posted:

Is anyone else planning on sending Hungerford weird erotic slash fiction for the Holden event stories each week?

Asking for a friend. :ninja:

Pounded In The Butt By My Narrative Campaign-Developed Miniature Wargaming Model

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Taking this Aiakos list to a 35 pt rumble tourney this weekend because he's cool and good and Cryx is still cool and good :c00l:

Aiakos
-Kraken
-Deathripper
Bloodgorgers (max)
Slaughterborn

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

albany academy posted:

Evil thoughts: is there a way to get Primed onto Risen?

I think there was something a while back that said if you had Alexia1 out of formation...somehow...(with the faction UA, maybe?) you could get spells onto the Risen. If it's the UA trick, then I guess dwarves wouldn't be able to do it. Unless you got a Rhulia UA for merc units...

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I took this Aiakos2 list to the local store last night:

(Aiakos 2) Captain Aiakos [+29]
- Kraken [36]
- Defiler [8]
- Shrike [6]
- The Withershadow Combine [9]
General Gerlak Slaughterborn [7]
Bloodgorgers (max) [15]
Bane Warriors (max) [17]
- Bane Warrior Officer & Standard [6]

And went up against, from what I remember, this Kreoss3 list:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21b0A1U2f1L1r3q2v3k3C3D3p3t3z4i30

Protectorate Army - 74 / 75 points

(Kreoss 2) Grand Exemplar Kreoss [+28]
- Crusader [10]
- Fire of Salvation [16]
- Vigilant [9]
- Devout [9]
- Hierophant [3]
Exemplar Vengers (max) [20]
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist [3]
The Covenant of Menoth [4]
High Exemplar Gravus [9]
Knights Exemplar Seneschal [5]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]

I ended up blowing the feat turn because of stupid bodyblocking with my Bane UA preventing my Kraken from being 100% effective, but managed to win on scenario (Incursion). It mostly came down to him swerving for the flag on my right, which had a forest blocking LOS with the long edge to the rest of the board. He had his Vengers, Kreoss, Gravus, Seneschal all pretty much tucked back there with the non-Devout warjacks pressing the center flag. I was able to just refuse the flank, go for the other two flags, and send in sacrificial Banes to contest/bodyblock.

Overall I like the Aiakos list, but it's not a final version because I need a Necrotech in there for sure. I'm thinking of either dropping the Bane UA for Necrotech + Warwitch Siren, or dropping the base unit to min for Necrotech + 5 points of something.

Bane Warriors are still pretty good, losing Stealth sucks but forests are always an option because you don't have to worry about the movement penalty, meaning you can camp in there for Concealment and always get a full charge. I really want to try them with Goreshade2 for Occult on one unit and Mirage on the other, camp the Miraged unit >3" in a forest and suddenly pop forward to hopefully surprise the poo poo out of my opponent. Shrike didn't get to do much since there weren't a lot of good targets for a trample, but at DEF 15 it served as a pain in the rear end for his non-warjack cluster to shift. Bloodgorgers didn't get to live the Carnage + Overtaking dream because of the low-model count high ARM thing, but I'd take another list anyways if I expect to see that in a tournament.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Taking this poo poo to WMH night tomorrow:

(Asphyxious 3) Asphyxious the Hellbringer [+24]
- Vociferon0]
- Barathrum [15]
- Deathripper [6]
- Seether [13]
- Seether [13]
Bane Warriors (max) [17]
Bloodgorgers (max) [15]
General Gerlak Slaughterborn [7]
Necrotech [2]
Soul Trapper [1]
Soul Trapper [1]
Ogrun Bokur [5]
Saxon Orrik [4]

It might be jank as gently caress but I think it's gonna be fun. Gonna need to proxy the Necrotech though, because my shop has had it on order for two weeks and yet there is nothing to be found out there in distributorland apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

gannyGrabber posted:

Lol. Limited runs are such horseshit in a game where you must have the correct model to play it.

I dunno, doesn't seem much different from any given pre-release?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Are those the full caster versions or just updated journeymen

Full caster versions of the journeymen.