Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

N. Senada posted:

I'll see how I feel when I get old. Old people I grew up around told me I'll vote Republican because I'll be smarter then and be paying real taxes.

I'll post back in this thread in 50 or so years with my update.

On my 35th birthday I declared I was old. I'd been paying taxes for over a decade, working a full time rigorous job, had my own place on my own, manage my own stock portfolio and have several months of pay ready for emergencies in a savings account, but nope. Apparently I still have yet to grow up, and it's only a matter of time before I wake up and realize I should vote Republican.

At least that's what I was told by bf's childhood friend who makes 6 figures doing something so unimportant that he just drinks beers on the beach all day and rides his Harleys across the state on a whim. He's over 50 and living like a teenage dropout. But he's the grown up.

I don't wish to take away my parents right to vote, but I wish there was a better way to engage the voting elderly in the younger part of the community so they get a better view of what young adults are really up against, rather than just relying on Fox News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread