Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I like to think it wasn't Delta who forced Diane to push the button, it was the player/?/Blick Whatsisface.

Also, at the end, when Delta gives Carlos the gun and promises not to mind hack him so that the decision will truly be Carlos's, the reason the game cuts to black and ends is because Delta is mindhacking the player/?/Blick Whatsisface to prevent him/her/it from interfering in Carlos's choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know if they'd given the gun to Junpei I could see the ending being kind of up to debate but it's hard to imagine Carlos shooting a guy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Yeah, I thought that was pretty weird too. Even Sigma would be a better choice, since Sigma is so insanely central to ZTD and he has been preparing for it for his entire life. Carlos seems more likely to crack a joke or something. In fact, I'd say that the only two people in the entire game where it's kind of up in the air whether or not they'd shoot are Sigma and Junpei, actually, and even Junpei is kind of a stretch since he's been hunting Delta professionally as his job for a while by ZTD and he seems to enjoy getting his hands dirty.

Phi, of course, would blast Delta right between his glowy weird eyes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah, an american shooting someone, who could believe that :grin:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ryoshi posted:

and even Junpei is kind of a stretch since he's been hunting Delta professionally as his job for a while by ZTD and he seems to enjoy getting his hands dirty.

But he's done playing the action hero.

Fright Ibis
Jul 29, 2016

Krinkle posted:

I finally remembered my loving question from three weeks ago. I posted it in the no spoilers thread, deleted it, and forgot what it was when I came over and found this thread.

In the timeline where diane presses the button to kill those people, and then refuses to escape, she was obviously mind hacked, so why did delta pre-record himself taunting his poor old mother that she's a murderess after he's dead. It's just rude. He knows he made her do it and that she doesn't know why she did it. Why call her a faker w/r/t multiple personalities.

Because Zero is definitely enough of an rear end in a top hat to have fun with doing that. He's like a bully who's grabbing your hand and making you punch your own face and saying, "Stop morally contradicting yourself!"

He might be already dead in that timeline, but once they all shift into the "real end" timeline and gain all their memories of everything all over the flowchart, he can mindhack them and enjoy watching all the reactions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

yeah, an american shooting someone, who could believe that :grin:

He's a firefighter, not a cop, so Delta's fine,

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
For someone who's literally a supervillain Akane's tactical nous could use a bit of work. If you're armed with a super noisy chainsaw and the other guy's got an axe, turning the lights off might not be the the cleverest thing to do if you want to shift the balance of forces in your favour.

Edit: I love this whole segment. I like how it starts with Akane accusing Carlos of being into his sister and Carlos laughs, "Haha, you're horrible" and then by the end of it they're having a chainsaw duel. I think deep down inside we want Akane to show us the psychopath we all know she must be inside. Earlier in the thread someone pointed out that when she was Zero it was pretty easy for her to set up the players and kill people off so she really should have known better.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 16, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImbN08ep5AY

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh thank god someone else thought that.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

and yet it's not in the OP???

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Arrrthritis posted:

and yet it's not in the OP???

My motives are complex.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I still don't understand the point of that decision game but drat if it wasn't funny as gently caress

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I still don't understand the point of that decision game but drat if it wasn't funny as gently caress

The point was that Delta wanted to see if they would push a huge ominous button if he put one in front of them.

Also the facility explodes, but ignore that part.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Some of Delta's sick ideas I just don't get, but the button speaks for itself. It's hilarious.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

alcharagia posted:

The button's motives are complex.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Delta's an rear end in a top hat.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love Uchikoshi.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Diana's doing her best Sweep impression.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Team D take over the whole SHIFTER storyline and and make Zero Junpei and Akane's baby?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I have to say that after avoiding any fan chat that perseverates on the negatives, I still have a positive opinion of ZTD and the trilogy as a whole. The Delta twist was the worst of the trilogy, but there were some great moments and did as much as possible with what must have been a very limited budget.

Hope we get some more Q&A aside from the Twitter stuff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I distracted myself from the temptation by spending those 65 seconds reciting as much of that sketch as I could. It worked.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Remember when the camera would pan throughout the room when you were about to seek your way out in 999? And then VLR took that panning out? And then ZTD took out both that and the jingle?

Basically this is why 999 > VLR > ZTD

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

the truth posted:

I have to say that after avoiding any fan chat that perseverates on the negatives, I still have a positive opinion of ZTD and the trilogy as a whole. The Delta twist was the worst of the trilogy, but there were some great moments and did as much as possible with what must have been a very limited budget.

Hope we get some more Q&A aside from the Twitter stuff.

I just have a feeling that it was the budget/deadline that might've hosed things up. You put ZTD up against VLR and it really becomes apparent. Fewer rooms, less dialogue in the rooms, no alternate solutions, no gold files, less crazy pseudo-science. I mean, some people thought that VLR was too long winded but I was the one of the ones who really enjoyed that poo poo. Please tell me ALL about the ship of Theseus even though it has no bearing on anything whatsoever, please. I'm not being sarcastic. I ate that up.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Hooray for thread revival! I just got done playing this with someone else yesterday, and it was a blast. If we're talking incorrect theories, I had a couple main ones

On the path where J and M were both dead and the killers of each were a mystery, I thought it would turn out that she attacked Junpei right as he was waking up, she stabbed him, he strangled her with his dying energy (not unlike K and Dio in the rec room, now that I think about it), then Sean finished cleaning up by chopping up Junpei and setting up the puzzle then brought her over to the pod room.

A random thing I noticed during the beginning that I haven't seen anyone bring up is that when they were banging on the X door to try to contact the other groups, Sigma yelled out 'Tenmyouji' when everyone else was calling for 'Junpei'

From about 1/3 the way through the game right up until just about the very end I was convinced that Zero was actually inside Gab; I thought it would either be a heavily modified clone or some kind of rule bending where he didn't necessarily have to shift into a human. It also explains gab being able to pass the notes accurately between each of the time differences

Along the same lines of not needing to shift into a human, I also thought that it might be a case of not needing to shift into the same body and thought that the three groups might actually be a single consciousness jumping between the leader of each

Like most I was able to call Phi pretty early (though I didn't put together the red hair as an actual clue until post-reveal) since she had Twin, though I thought that the other twin would be Kyle/'?'

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

wow the ZTD watches haven't gone out yet, still?

that's a pretty major fuckup

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

voltcatfish posted:

they're coming.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/25/zero-time-dilemma-pre-order-bonus-watches-will-arrive-retailers-soon/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

Pre-ordering is simply.....unfair.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Oh man, I'm worried since I preordered the special watch edition on Amazon but the order was put down as Delivered when I got the game itself. I'm just worried that since it was put down as Delivered that it will somehow make the database think that my order was actually complete and I won't get the watch?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Not sure if this is the right place but 999's dub is underway.

https://twitter.com/Aksys_June/status/768519360566599680

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I really hope the rimming joke is voiced

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just realized we're going to get the elevator scene voiced.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized we're going to get the elevator scene voiced.

God bless uchikoshi for writing that scene and making this port happen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm kind of glad we're getting ZTD Junpei voice back for the 999 port, because when that dude went crazy it was great and hearing him yell about a Funyarinpa is gonna be amazing.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Dcom has completed sucessfully. Unfortunately there were six survivors, so I guess we're in the VLR timeline; if I get a good line on any budget moon tickets I'll let you guys know.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

An old man shifted to 2028
He had some babies and starved the next day
It's a big snail in your jogging lane
It's a hazmat suit before you reach the bomb too late
Cause life is simply unfair
Don't you think?

It's like acid rain melting you away
Someone picking ally when you switched to betray
Opening the X-door then deciding to stay
And who would've thought, it figures

Mr Jumpydoll had a crazy plan
Akane hid behind him and the fireman
He turned into Swiss cheese just to get the X-pass
And when the input failed, he thought "Zero kiss my rear end".

Well, life has a funny way
Of bringing down the mood when you think everything's okay cause none of you got gunned down this time

And life has a funny way
Of giving you a big blue button and if you push it everything blows up in your face

An important man staying just out of view
6 billion people dead after you saved just 2
It's like you keep rolling boxcars when all you need are some ones
It's like finding the girl of my dreams
Is the killer who murdered my mum
Cause life is simply unfair, don't you think
A little too unfair, and yeah I really do think

Well, life has a funny way of shifting round on you
And life has a funny way of helping you out
Seek a way out

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Delta and I can die! Arc, sing irony!

Canadian girl needs dictionary

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

An old man shifted to 2028
He had some babies and starved the next day
It's a big snail in your jogging lane
It's a hazmat suit before you reach the bomb too late
Cause life is simply unfair
Don't you think?

Mr Jumpydoll had a crazy plan
Akane hid behind him and the fireman
He turned into Swiss cheese just to get the X-pass
And when the input failed, he thought "Zero kiss my rear end".

Well, life has a funny way
Of bringing down the mood when you think everything's okay cause none of you got gunned down this time

And life has a funny way
Of giving you a big blue button and if you push it everything blows up in your face

An important man staying just out of view
6 billion people dead after you saved just 2
It's like you keep rolling boxcars when all you need are some ones
It's like finding the girl of my dreams
Is the killer who murdered my mum
Cause life is simply unfair, don't you think
A little too unfair, and yeah I really do think

Well, life has a funny way of shifting round on you
And life has a funny way of helping you out
Seek a way out

Genius.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Amazon just sent me an email about getting the preorder watch so start refreshing your inboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Level Seven posted:

Amazon just sent me an email about getting the preorder watch so start refreshing your inboxes.

Mine also had a link to get a digital premium booklet.

• Locked thread