Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Delta reveal was weird for me because at first, due to his location behind Gab in that particular scene, I thought the reveal insinuated that Gab was actually a human. It was distracting and kind of ruined the moment.

Delta ended up making the most of his limited screen time, though, and after thinking about it overnight and during today I am ok with the twist. I guess it was inferred several times. It still feels a little cheap, but it hasn't detracted too much from my overall love for the game. I read somewhere that Uchikoshi knew exactly what he wanted the story to be before he even made the game, and there wasn't

This trilogy did an amazing job of building on the lore and game mechanics from one game to the next. 999 had multiple endings and branching paths, and switching between them to find the right path just felt like playing a normal game. VLR took that to the extreme and had an awesome twist that revealed it was actually a crucial plot and gameplay device. In ZTD, the player understands the principle of shifting and takes it for granted while bouncing not just between timelines, but between characters. It may not be canon, but my interpretation is that ? from the end of VLR is still the player throughout ZTD - some extradimensional consciousness/observer who can appreciate all of the information gained from different people shifting to bring it not just across timelines, but from one character to another.

At some point I expected a number of twists: Carlos as "Brother;" Sean actually being Maria before I knew who Sean was; God somehow being involved, possibly even as Zero; the whole game being some weird "Reverie Syndrome" experience that would tie Carlos into being Brother somehow.

I thought the writing and voice acting were fantastic, and the cinematic stye added a lot to the experience. Akane continued to be a total boss, Diana was awesome even though I don't remember caring about Luna at all, Sigma and especially Phi were perfect, and the new characters added to the story without drawing too much focus away from the characters and plots we actually care about.

So glad things worked out and this game was able to be made without resorting to Kickstarter or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I thought she was just some annoying anime trope. Sorry. She wasn't developed until the very end of the game, unfortunately. Diana was cool.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That comes really late in the game, though. I spent most of the game not caring about her. I didn't hate her like Alice or Clover, but most of the time she was just there.

Of course her ending was great, and I was looking forward to seeing Diana in this game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

alcharagia posted:

I'm the OP and you're banned from posting in this thread, because you're as bad of a human being as Akane Kurashiki.

Akane Kurashiki did nothing wrong :boom:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Eric definitely deserved a break. In fact, he had dozens of mental breaks in the span of just a few hours!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

All the other voices seem okay, though Sean sounds very girlish to me.

I think it's tough to get an actual child to be a good voice actor, especially considering the nature of the script. I recognized that, but I also thought it was girlish enough to possibly be Carlos' sister.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Really Pants posted:

I've reached a point where I'm not sure what to do. It seems like every remaining path has a plot lock, and I don't know if I've even seen any of the answers. Here's what my flow currently looks like:

What should I do next? Do I have some of those plot lock answers in the files somewhere? How do you kill off C-Team and D-Team in that first vote?

You are in the wrong thread! Get the gently caress out until you beat the game

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Remember how K had a child size suit of the exact same armor for when he was a child?

gently caress these games used to be good.

ZTD was good and the trilogy is complete so I guess you have nothing to worry about anymore.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I have to say that after avoiding any fan chat that perseverates on the negatives, I still have a positive opinion of ZTD and the trilogy as a whole. The Delta twist was the worst of the trilogy, but there were some great moments and did as much as possible with what must have been a very limited budget.

Hope we get some more Q&A aside from the Twitter stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Got my watch, but it looks like there are some scratches on the top part of the face. I have seen pictures of other watches with identical scratches, so maybe they're intentional?

Glad to have one, regardless. This series wasn't on my radar until after VLR was given away for free on PS+, so I missed out on the other watches. I'm not big on memorabilia or collector's items, but I was looking forward to this one.

• Locked thread