Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thinking more about the ending I think the new characters blow

Carlos is alright after his shifting shenanigans but he's still pretty boring. Mira's boring, Eric's boring. Sean is OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

NJ Deac posted:

This may be just me forgetting a plot point because I played this part way too late in the evening, but in the twins ending where Sigma and Diana are stranded (execute Q -> incinerate phi -> Monty hall -> teleporter room), Akane escapes, right? At that point, she should still know Sigma and Diana are alive and trapped. Is there any reason she wouldn't send help other than the fact that she is kind of a dick?

Presumably she was injected with the memory drugs again and forgot

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh geez I didn't realize Sean stayed behind for both Q and Gab, nor that Gab was chained to Q's chair

That does raise the question of why Eric and Mira didn't try to take Q with them through the X door

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

lol i thought the exact same thing was going to happen

I was extremely disappointed when i got that achievement and Q took off his helmet again and he was still....a headless robot. Why doesn't he have a head anyway? It makes it harder to emotionally connect with him! In my opinion.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I was genuinely surprised Clover is not in this game, nor even mentioned. They remembered Lotus! but not Clover.

Probably the best in hindsight.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

dmboogie posted:

Clover being mentioned is also probably why Snake wasn't mentioned, which makes me sad. I know Clover went over his deal in VLR, but he was my favorite dude from 999 and it'd be nice to at least have his existence acknowledged.

Junpei teaming up with Seven to raid Free the Soul owned though.

Seven and Junpei buddy cop side game? I'd play it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The thing I don't get is: did they toss out all the assumed poo poo about Brother/Free The Soul?

What happened to Free the Soul being created because he was disillusioned with humanity and his brother Left being murdered? Or him making clones of his brother, and trying to usher in a new race of humans with his teachings. Was it all bullshit?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also i think the acid shower is one of the most hosed up things I've seen in games

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Crash Keys Twitter never revealed Q, either. I thought it was a nice touch looking back

https://twitter.com/_crash_keys_?lang=en

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Did Sigma and Phi even jump once? They were the SHIFT masters in VLR but it was more Team C shifting this time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm unsure why people think Delta was making every choice, but there's no way he's not responsible for the "No it wasn't me! I swear!" choices.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The fact that Mira's first victim was Eric's mother is apparent when you get the crossbow ending. Which is like the first thing I got in my game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

So Eric married his mom's murderer that indirectly leads to his brother's death? what

it is a bit bizarre how forgiving he is

I'd almost say he still doesn't know, but they have all their memories at the end of the game

so he married a girl who murdered his mom and also him in several timelines

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Oh well, nothing that can't be solved by a tiny boy robot kool-aiding down a prison wall and taking you back in time to fix the past! :v:

i'm glad sean is going to rewrite the entire series's timeline so everybody is happy

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 2, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Is it just me or does there seem to be way less puzzle rooms in ZTD compared to both 999 and VLR? I haven't counted the exact number of puzzle rooms, but it definitely felt there should have been at least two or three more spread throughout the game.

I think there are 13? It's just this game didn't have one of those big smorgasbord rooms like VLR did. Maybe.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I genuinely think all of the puzzle rooms in ZTD were pretty easy, and probably the easiest in the series.

The only room I had trouble with was the Transporter Room and to be honest I have no idea how to properly solve the ALIEN LANGUAGE conversion puzzle legitly because I just cheated it 2 hours in

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Huh. I thought it was 13 in every game. Shows what I know.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This post in the main thread is also something I agree with:

Mordiceius posted:

I think what makes this game suffer (so far at least) is that there's no interplay between the three teams. I want to see Sigma and Junpei in the same room or Phi and Mira, etc etc. In 999 and VLR, we had plenty of interplay moments where all the team members are together. This doesn't have it, and so far I feel that it suffers for it. Maybe it'll happen eventually, but i'm almost 15 hours in without that and I miss it.

I felt the tension in ZTD still never really hit VLR or 999 levels because they weren't mostly working as one group. I mean, the game itself kind of prevented it, but I'm not sure if it was the best choice.

I'm actually surprised how little the other teams interact in the final product, even via Gab.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On a different note, here's the funniest line in the game.

"what's so bad about baking?"

Then

:aaaaa:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

To be honest if Uchikoshi answers one of my questions about his game again, I want to ask him how much Zero Time Dilemma changed in between the past 4 years

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

there's something about swimsuit nendo akane that kinda took me out of the game every time i saw it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

it is, though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

IceBorg posted:

Pretty sure all of those pictures mean something.

The only ones I can get is Sean that is like that russian dolls that can open up and be empty inside like his helmet, Eric who is a baby and that is obvious on what it means and Akane cat ears is probably a connection to Schrodinger's Cat (no idea about the swimsuit though)

Uchikoshi has a fetish for the japanese school swimsuit. That's about it. It comes up in VLR too but I don't think 999 :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I liked K and I'm sad you only went through one escape room with him

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Then again he does betray you for no reason in the first ambidex game so gently caress him I guess

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

okay so diana hosed a 70 year old man? i didn't really wanna say anything about it but

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I did not actually expect any remixed 999 music at all and was pleasantly surprised to hear my old friend Extreme Extrication

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo. I never realized that Eric's little brother was Gab all along

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I didn't find Never7 super boring, it's just more of a traditional romance VN with a spattering of sci-fi at the end. It was 1999, and I think that kind of "generic" visual novel breaking into some hard sci fi was a new concept, so that's why it's an interesting footnote.

I might actually like Never 7 more than Remember 11, because Remember 11 does not have an ending!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Terper posted:

Mind Hacking

I'm not gonna lie when he said something like "I also have one more ability....MIND HACKING" I had to hold back a laugh.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

eric avatar owns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Dio will be in [ZTD], just not as the man we know"

Still want an explanation for this, Uchikoshi.

Unless at the Q/A he's just going to throw out "...Oh yeah, and Carlos is Left"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

actually it's been pretty obvious phi was sigma's daughter since VLR

diana being the mother though? who knows

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Somebody posted the Steam pre-order story on reddit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sigma in the pre story and Sigma in the game seem like completely different people

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Why is spoiling a completely different game in your spoiler tags okay. Thanks. :geno:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I actually wouldn't be surprised if uchikoshi goes ahead and does ZE4, especially if the 999 and VLR ports do well

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I remember noting "virgin" is way too long to enter, myself.

^Jumpydoll!!!!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 6, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Argue posted:

I forget, was it ever explained who Sean is to Q? I mean, did Delta just model RoboSean off Sean (as opposed to some other person) for no reason?

The bit they don't really hammer is the old guy Sean was best buds with in the hospital before he died was presumably Delta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well, ZTD apparently sold less than 4000 copies in Japan on release week

It was expected but still, :rip:

• Locked thread