Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Regy Rusty posted:

One of the death passwords was Quark yes, but it was in connection to Junpei. It was just a nod towards their connection in VLR.

That reminds me that I kept track of all the death passwords and which characters they applied to. There are a few interesting things in there as some of them are actually kinda hints:

Carlos: DREAM FIRE FIGHT SHIFT SAVE
Akane: KEY CRASH JUNE SIX
Junpei: QUARK FIVE JUMP RING DOLL
Q: EYE AGE SELF
Eric: FOOL ICE LOVE LAKE
Mira: VIRGIN KILL HEART RIP
Diana: MOM BLUE BIRD MOON
Sigma: ARM MILK OLD FATE
Phi: DEAR RED TWIN

I'm pretty sure this is all of them and that I didn't make any mistakes.

I know Dad is in there with sigma (or at least I think I remember that) because I was so confused for a while and went "oh it's either A. a joke on the sigmadad thing or B. him acting like a dad to phi and the rest of the people during VLR"

Welp.

Edit: oh right, Carlos has HERO and Junpei has HATE for the post-monty hall room I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Oh right, Really minor point but I love how in triangle, the pictures change after the announcement

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Voisk posted:

Man I forgot that was a thing. I should go read it.

Yeah Sean turning off the cameras to end the scene does support that our view is all via cameras.

I guess he could have had some kind of program that simply deletes any footage where he appears on it. Add an ungodly number of cameras and you'll end up with perfect shots that just barely manage to cut him out of the picture.

I would be cool with this twist if it made sense by q's shadows appearing in C team and D team stuff, if he needed to be there with Q team to do ~MIND HACKING~ then why didn't he need to be there for those two in the acid bath rooms to make diana and carlos push the button? if he did his fancy mind hacking stuff through cameras then why did he need to be there with Q team at all? If it's the player who's actually delta and you're the person mindhacking them from your decision game magic then why can you do it in a number of situations where delta ain't there or is just dead. (Force quit decision game as a good example)

Like poo poo, it makes as much sense to say "THE PLAYER IS GAB!"

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Arbitrary Number posted:

You can't start with only one timeline. Remember the three dice fragment? There was a 1/216 chance to get three 1s, but because infinite worlds, etc, there's a timeline where C team did get three 1s. Similarly, in your example, there is a timeline where you do win the lottery. Also, there's a world/timeline where you didn't get hit by the bus, maybe because you won the lottery and decided to quit your job, or someone kidnapped you to take place in some sort of death game with 11 participants, or someone kidnapped the bus driver, etc.

So without SHIFTing, you have infinite timelines, where everything that is possible happens. With SHIFTing, you have even more infinite timelines. If SHIFTing is possible, every version of you has been SHIFTed into by some other version of you, in some timeline.

That's an interesting question I kinda had regarding shifting and carlos specifically. So during the segment where sigma's dying he says "My shift connection's been cut"

Wait a minute, So that means the consiousness of sigma that CAN shift just went "peace out bitches" and left. But there's still a consiousness there that isnt' like "holy poo poo who are you why am I stabbed and dying what's going on aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Not only that, doesn't that mean at the end of the day that there's a list of consiousness for any people (an infinite list for infinite universes I would assume) that has a priority of shifting? Since carlos during the akane ending goes from morning the loss of akane to getting shifted and is a different person.

Carlos from other timeline shifted into akanecarlos, could that have worked in reverse? Can any shifter shift into themselves at any point? What happens if a shift tries to shift out from dying and then another shift tries to shift into the shift to avoid dying and shiftingshififtashsdfaisdfaojisdfioasdjfasdjlkf

if there's infinite timelines, there's infinite consiousnesses and infinite versions of one person who can shift. Is being a shifter just being higher on the priority of "this guy is allowed in these bodies" or is this just a poorly explained mechanic to try and explain something they had in a past game and go "wait this was poorly explained let's try explain it oh we poo poo our pants"

• Locked thread