Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it makes me laugh how insanely complicated phi's existence is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also was there any greater significance to delta being from 1904 other than letting him: a) be really old and presumably have lots of time and nazi science to help him build his zero time dilemma, b) let phi become her own adoptive mother, just to make that whole thing even more convoluted.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

c teams shifting adventure was the best part of the game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the truth posted:

I don't remember caring about Luna at all

you monster

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i thought Sean was supposed to sound androgynous so you wouldn't be 100% sure to their gender

even in the japanese i would have bought that he was a girl

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

carlos isn't super well fleshed out, but he's so chiseled and american i can't help but like him

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

chris

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was actually kind of annoyed at that scene since after you input it right you get the "Schrödinger's box" achievement and I was expecting for him to actually be someone and not a robot in this timeline, but no they just wanted to make a reference achievement even though that's not a Schrödinger's thing at all.

lol i thought the exact same thing was going to happen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

honestly thinking about it, ZTD has less twists and swerves then VLR. there's Sean not being Q, and Phi being sigma's complicated daughter, and some other smaller stuff, but despite all the time jumping it actually felt more straightforward

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

So in Remember11, one of the main characters actually physically changes shape and looks completely different from how he's supposed to because you saw the dude design on the boxart and assumed that was him.

wasn't that ever17, or does uchikoshi just go that well a lot

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

No no, in Ever17 the appearance of one of the main characters was always different and you just couldn't see him from inside his face. In Remember11 there's actually a body-shift.

man i don't remember anything about what happened in remember11

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thinking about it, i think the thing that bugs me a lot is how little any of the characters seem to ever accomplish. with the exception of Carlos, real american hero, shifting like mad, it feels like everyone just kinda bumbles along aimlessly until the player has the right info and then delta spouts exposition and the game ends. this was especially bad in the case of sigma and phi, who were supposed to be infiltrating the experiment to stop radical 9, and proceed to basically do nothing all game except get born

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Go to the exclamation mark that c team has

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like the theory that Delta mind hacked Eric into shooting him so that he'd die and not be brought along by the mass consciousness transfer. That way, CQD Delta could be morally 'clean'.

On a different note, here's the funniest line in the game.

Holy poo poo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

have you seen his biceps

im mirin

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

why the gently caress is Carlos suddenly a rapist and what is this "proof of friendship" poo poo

and is Eric ever going to even slightly redeem himself, I mean Dio was at least entertaining

the former gets explained

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's a bug

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just play Ever17, it's the best one and even it's not great

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's almost shocking just how light fare it is compared to Zero Escape.

Tbf some of the ending twists are top tier uchikoshi. the kid looking into the mirror and seeing hokuto is basically the sigma was old the whole time twist except stands up much better under scrutiny

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's a hint in the pod room, that you want to Zero out the numbers in the center dial thing

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

honestly the more i think about the more i sour on ZTD. i still liked it overall but it's got a lot wrong with it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

They specifically stated in 999 that mind control was the end goal of the original Nonary game. Specifically Ace wanted to use a group of projectors to influence and control the population at large.

didn't ace just wanna see faces

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah anything about free the soul in 999 is blatantly a retcon.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Bahahaha. Don't know who gave me this version of red text, but I can't stop laughing.

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

delta mentions he had an adopted younger brother in one scene, as a quick acknowledgement of the whole Left thing, but it's never really expanded on

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I think "evil pharmaceutical company" is a really common trope in Japanese fiction, not just with Uchikoshi.

Also reality

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jintor posted:

So did Junpei infiltrate the Mars mission solely to propose to Akane after not seeing her for a year

new junpei does what he wants when he wants

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

Also: dogs like cheese?

Dogs like anything edible and lots of things that aren't

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

The only problem with that is there'll be two Alices and two Clovers if they were to be sent to a happy ending timeline. While not exactly an issue, it's gotta be awkward.

akane will just kill them both because akane is stone cold like that

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Japan has better taste then fail westerners, this is just our broken clock moment

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beloved forums poster Cake Attack

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

So how many copies did they sell in the US

They don't really publish this information like they do in Japan so who knows

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Steam spy isn't great at lowish numbers though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

iirc due to VA union rules in Japan the more famous voice actors aren't actually much better paid compared to less well known actors, so it's not that weird to see popular seiyuu in more budget/niche projects

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

honestly i think that'd be dumb. too much of the plot is already ontological loops where there's no explanation for why things are the way they are beyond that's what they need to be to close the loop. Making it so Delta released radical six solely as part of closing the loop on his birth would be too much.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

999 is still really well put together all around

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Hey I have a dumb ending question:

Which "history" was it that Carlos killed 'Zero'? Zero refers to this while playing back a recording in the transporter room.

In other random comments - I can't believe they threw a bunch of files out there after finishing the game, without telling you, for you to read that are basically epilogues for everyone. Some of them are LOL worthy.

when he presses the button for the acid showers and executes D and Q teams

e: oh this is spoiler thread

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 9, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Oh right I completely forgot about that dumb quirk.

I still enjoyed this game but several parts are pretty flimsy. I guess VLR/999 had those same flaws and I'm just nostalgic.

nah 999 at least definitely holds up much better under scrutiny

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

diana doesn't remember who they voted for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I want to play unknown erotic visual novel

• Locked thread