Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The biggest problem with this game is that there are absolutely no stakes in anything and there's never a sense of urgency. In the final stretch of the game and getting deep into it almost all of the characters just stop caring about dying because "eh we'll just go to another time." and team C actively hunts for ways to nuke themselves.

By the end of the game I was basically invested for the twists and almost nothing else because there was hardly a reason to care because when the characters have infinite lives and are aware of that then tension from scenes is just gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Also the funniest moments for me were

Who Killed Mira: Gab
Eric's response and confusion followed by Sean just kind of shrugging and getting shot is amazing in it's own dark way.

also "Akane you are going to live, me and Carlos... will block bullets" "...THE gently caress?"

Terper posted:

Lmao wait now that I think about it did Real American Hero Carlos actually shift to the VLR ending by running into a wall?

He's running into a different room, he clarifies it later. It does look like that though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A good foreshadowing thing to Delta's motives is when the Q team has to decide between the poisons.

100% for sure death is the terrorist
75% is Zero's Radical-6

They cancel each other out

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So why did Delta in some timelines just choose "gently caress it whatever I wanna live in a doomed timeline" and push the shower button or vote for the other teams? Like what was the point in doing that because I don't recall those specific timelines really resulting in anything and it's not like he can shift or anyone on his team can outside Sean (kind of.)

Also why were his eyes black and purple

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wish they didn't spam Blue Bird Lamentation and Morphagenetic Sorrow. Those two songs kind of lost all impact in ZTD because literally anytime anything even remotely sad happened they'd play without fault.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that in ZTD if you click on a locker enough times Sigma goes insane and turns into a cat pun man again. Diana being absolutely baffled by it is just a bonus.

Junpei even got to see another Funyarinpa

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I won't downtalk quark because while he's useless 99% of the time his Ice Cream Float story still made me cry baby bitch tears

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As a aside a highlight of the entire game for me was Akane's gigantic key. I'm looking back at the screenshots I took and I still can't stop laughing whenever I see it.

It's just a loving can opener.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What was Eric's little brother named? I thought it was Sean so when the name came up again was kind of startled.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chris, gotcha. I got to the "input the helmet code" first and thought it would be some shocking reveal that it was his bros reanimated corpse or something

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ApplesandOranges posted:

So what happened to Sigma's 22 year old mind in the successful timeline? Considering the whole reason it was displaced was to send it to the VLR future... which no longer exists. Did Sigma just permanently lose 45 years of his mental life?

Also just bringing back up this bit from VLR:

"This timeline still exists, even if they go back and fix it it won't change what's happened here in this history." or something along those lines at the end of VLR

You dicked over the fabled OTHER M (no not that one)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished VLR and I remember seeing the Kyle thing but

Who the gently caress is Kyle

Like he was a last second thing that showed up that everyone seemed to know and "aw man who could forget you, kyle, the most important character ever."

I don't care that he was dropped because to me he was literally nothing in the first place

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

alcharagia posted:

He was K in every timeline other than the true ending.

Ah, that would explain it then. I just assumed it was the player walking around talking to everyone like Mother 3's ending.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question, how did Carlos know about the family portrait? I just watched the scene again and he shouldn't know about it let alone the fact there's a door behind it. I have absolutely no idea.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This piece of fanart was all I could think of when Delta was like "lol I killed gab, isn't that awesome guys"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's funny to think that Sigma, Diana, the babies and Gab all starved because they didn't know about the actual pantry of food next to them.

By funny I mean christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why was Gab there anyway thinking about it now.

Did Delta just bring his pet dog because he was bored or something

• Locked thread