Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

The thing that confused me most while playing was the VLR canon ending because initially it appeared that Akane and Junpei were dead. I had all kinds of theories about why Sigma assumed this was that timeline. For a long while I was suspicious that this wasn't even really Akane and Junpei because Akane says in VLR that she wasn't there and Junpei knows nothing about it.

I had the same reaction and loving freaked out when Akane and Junpei got to that timeline and I realized what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

Of all the retrospectively humorous posts I made in the other thread, this is my favorite:

I didn't realize how significant it was until well after I beat the game. :v:

God loving dammit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I found the Happy End hilariously bleak, that and THE BUTTON were the two funniest moments of the game to me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was at first a little disappointed with the AB game that they seemed to just recreate the Alice betrays you/you betray Alice moment from VLR except weaker because Carlos is in the role of Alice instead of the role of Sigma. That was one of my favorite moments in VLR and I was sad they just repeated it, but then when the game takes that opportunity to veer off into the C-Team jumping poo poo it became amazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like I'd be way more willing to forgive the Delta twist if Delta worked at all as a character, but no, he kinda just sucks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Terper posted:

By the way, cool detail I noticed the first time around. In the ending where Sigma and Diana hook up and make futurepastquantumbabbies, this is the status chart.

And then

This, of course, made me think Sean was Delta, so when I then went back to the Triangle Stand-Off and inserted Delta I was... confused.

I did once check and realized that the status screen updates immediately, but gently caress, this is insane

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MegaZeroX posted:

I'm a monster.

I did the same thing trying to find the third answer

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've said it before but C-Team's shifting misadventures were my favorite part of the game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'll probably remember more of this game than I remembered of VLR, for what that's worth

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like that the twist with Dio is that he's exactly as lovely as you think he is

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've come to realize that the reason the Delta reveal doesn't work is two-fold. The first is that he totally sucks as a character, but the second is that the game intentionally deceives you in order to accomplish the reveal. It definitely does get foreshadowed yes, but that's not enough. The reason I like the twist that Sigma is old is because it relies on a very basic assumption from the player that gets completely reversed. Not only that, but the entire game is built around it.

On the other hand, Delta's very presence not only comes right the gently caress out of nowhere, but the game has been concealing information from you in order to accomplish it, and for what? The reveal offers no new real information about the characters or the central story. It's not in service of anything, and so it feels deceptive for its own sake. It's also patently absurd that Zero's just been hanging out in front of you, in harm's way, all this time.

It's not bad because it's not foreshadowed enough, it's bad because the game lies to your face to do it, and fails to provide any meaning to justify that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the truth posted:

I think it's tough to get an actual child to be a good voice actor, especially considering the nature of the script. I recognized that, but I also thought it was girlish enough to possibly be Carlos' sister.

The first time I got an "Input Q's name" prompt I actually did try "Maria"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like the theory that Delta mind hacked Eric into shooting him so that he'd die and not be brought along by the mass consciousness transfer. That way, CQD Delta could be morally 'clean'.

On a different note, here's the funniest line in the game.

holy loving goddamn

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Really Pants posted:

I've reached a point where I'm not sure what to do. It seems like every remaining path has a plot lock, and I don't know if I've even seen any of the answers. Here's what my flow currently looks like:

What should I do next? Do I have some of those plot lock answers in the files somewhere? How do you kill off C-Team and D-Team in that first vote?

The game remembers the last way you voted, so try again, also you need to answer Who Killed Mira?

You're in the spoiler thread, also, might wanna go to the normal one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jimmydalad posted:

This may be me being stupid, but was there any reason as to why Sigma's weight in pounds was displayed in the incinerator during the puzzle there? I don't remember ever using it to solve the room and I don't think it really comes up ever again. Either that or I missed something during the game.

Diana tries sitting in the chair and it doesn't work. Sigma sits in it and it activates.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't actually care about the hanging plot threads from VLR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I still like the central conceit of the ending, jumping to the other coin toss, a hell of a lot even if I think it could have been better executed.

Delta's not great though.

• Locked thread