Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I do have to say, Delta's MIND HACKING powers are a lot easier to swallow when you remember in VLR it was mentioned that FTS grew unreasonably huge unreasonably fast and no one knew why, turns out it was Delta being a cheating jerk :v:

My favourite part of the ending leading to VLR is Carlos blowing his way in to rescue Junpei and Akane all heroically, followed by Akane going "WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST PREVENT ALL THIS INSTEAD OF WAITING TEN MONTHS"

Carlos I love ya buddy, but dang dude foresight isn't your strongest trait

Also considering ZTD barely got made, it's pretty ballsy of Uchikoshi to leave this on a sequel hook

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Luna Was Here posted:

Get replacements, bang Diana on the moon

Mission accomplished am I right

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lareine posted:

Like the whole "shooting everybody except for Diana" in the Mom ending. Why? Why did he do that? Why kill Dad but not Mom? They both had zero amount of involvement in raising him.

I assumed that was because Sigma was large and had the ability to bash his skull open, while Diana is far more tiny and less likely to murder an old man in self defense

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

yellowyams posted:

I just don't see the point in creating a timeline with 75% casualties if he was already planning on making a timeline with 0% casualties.

Without the 75% timeline, there'd be no 0%, only 100%s all the way down

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's your kids, Sigma! Something's gotta be done about your kids!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I mean it seems pretty clear that Uchikoshi wants to do a fourth game if he can, the entire ending felt like a sequel hook much like VLR's did.

Hopefully Chunsoft is willing to let him, considering they're porting everything to PC they seem to have some hope at least

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Trasson posted:

The only explanation I can think of is that while timelines are infinite and branching and one can travel and send/receive information between them, their existence is not a constant and thus new timelines are only created as they're brought about, thus meaning that alternate timelines themselves exist on some sort of linear dimension that can only be traversed one way and now I think I'm officially high on Uchikoshi.

This is actually a pretty good interperatation, considering remember how many people get stuck because they didn't go back and revote :v: those fragments are locked because they don't exist yet because the player hasn't caused them to exist

Yes, some characters remember stuff from timelines the player hasn't made exist yet, but the player WILL make those timelines exist, so they do exist from a certain perspective. Just as Akane could see everything in 999 before the events were brought about.

Jesus christ I'm reading this back and I sound completely clownshoes bonkers

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If there ends up being a Zero Escape 4, I can guarantee the timeline Sean and Mira create by faxing to the past and dunking child-Mira will come into play.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Eric and Sean were in visitation before he Koolaided though, that came afterwards

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
As far as I know, the quantum computer can connect to itself on other timelines like a big stupid time internet, so Sean doesn't really SHIFT as much as he just googles poo poo from other timelines. Also Delta mentions he downloaded Sean from the timeline where everyone shifted and uploaded that Sean to the golden timeline

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vengarr posted:

I guess the reason Akane knew she had to do this was thanks to the ~-Morphogenetic Field-~, right? They weren't collaborators prior to that.

Yep, Akane did her whole spooky gas mask thing, waited a bit, and the sigma that woke up was actually Old Man Sigma, then they both applied for DCOM :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The MIND HACKING aspect makes a bit more sense if timelines have to actually occur to exist, for example without MIND HACKING, there's no way a timeline where Diana pressed the showertime button could exist because she'd never be able to do it. The way I understood it is part of Delta's fascination isn't just human choices in general, but the ramifications of them making the blatantly wrong decision due to an outside force.

It also makes the whole series work a little easier since it means the golden timeline doesn't actually exist until it's created. Right now the only timelines that exist involve a cult leader Chaos Dunking the entire planet, or Radical Delta vibrating through humanity.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I need to hear the elevator scene with voice acting.

I need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Luna Was Here posted:

Carlos's brilliant loving time Leaps into the rescue squad instead of leaping to before dcon and therefore being utterly useless (again)

Oh my god that scene was great :allears:

Akane: "Why the hell didn't you just stop this from happening in the months before now?!"
Carlos: ":stare:"

• Locked thread