Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh my god a friend just pointed out another Q/Delta clue to me:

In the bad end where you try to shoot Mira in the standoff, he was confused the first time through as to why the voice announced Q's death before he was actually dead as "Q" (Sean) was still barely alive at that point.

But if you go back and look at the scene Mira shoots twice and you can hear the clatter of Delta falling out of his chair. And it's his death that gets announced

loving Uchikoshi

Also happens right before the Delta reveal. If you give Eric the wrong answer, he fires the gun four times (Sigma, Diana, Sean, Delta), which made me think he shot Gab at first.

After seeing the scene that followed, though, it made sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The best thing about this game is Carlos screwing up at everything he does. He tries to jump to another timeline to save Junpei and Akane from "Penalty Penalty", gets killed two or three times, finally comes back and tells them to use the transporter, then blows up the transporter with them still alive and inside of it, killing the very versions of them he was trying to save.

And then when he jumps to the other timeline to save them, it's the one where Radical-6 was released. :allears:

Terper posted:

By the way, cool detail I noticed the first time around. In the ending where Sigma and Diana hook up and make futurepastquantumbabbies, this is the status chart.

And then

This, of course, made me think Sean was Delta, so when I then went back to the Triangle Stand-Off and inserted Delta I was... confused.

Holy poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Thinking more about the ending I think the new characters blow

Carlos is alright after his shifting shenanigans but he's still pretty boring. Mira's boring, Eric's boring. Sean is OK.

Agreed, though I sympathize with Eric. I can't understand what the point of Sean was, thinking back on the game. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Oh geez I didn't realize Sean stayed behind for both Q and Gab, nor that Gab was chained to Q's chair

That makes a lot more sense than him staying for the dog. :stare:

Eastwood posted:

I thought with all the talk about how that one snail caused so much trouble, you'd go back in time and kick it out of the way... but no.

Clearly the snail is the terrorist that kills eight billion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

The first time I got an "Input Q's name" prompt I actually did try "Maria"

I thought Sean was going to be a really short adult, honestly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

So Eric married his mom's murderer that indirectly leads to his brother's death? what

Yeah, that part bugged the hell out of me. In no way do those two have anything resembling a functional relationship.

Also, someone I know came up with the creepy theory that Mira goes back in time too far and becomes Eric's mother, which is why she forgives Mira for killing her and says not to do it again.

I'm just going to ignore that theory because :yikes:.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like the theory that Delta mind hacked Eric into shooting him so that he'd die and not be brought along by the mass consciousness transfer. That way, CQD Delta could be morally 'clean'.

On a different note, here's the funniest line in the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hey, guys, it's creepy theory-crafting time!

Theory posted:

The game ends with Eric and Mira getting married.

Sean breaks Mira out of prison so they can use the... alien time-traveling copy machine... to get back in time. The machine has two pods, and Eric would naturally want to go with Mira because he's himself.

They set the machine too far back, though, and end up enjoying their relationship too much to the point that they forget why they traveled back to begin with. Eventually, Older Eric and Older Mira have kids, Eric Jr. and Chris, with the latter named in honor of Eric's deceased brother. Older Eric is nice when Mira is alive, just like how he's always nice to Sean whenever he's talking about how he and Mira met during the Decision Game.

But eventually, Younger Mira kills Older Mira. Older Mira forgives her and tells her not to do it again, because she finally remembers that she came back in time to prevent herself from becoming a serial killer. Of course, this doesn't take and Younger Mira continues to kill people.

Older Eric becomes abusive now that Mira is dead, just like he does to Sean in the Decision Game. As a result, he kills Chris and causes Eric Jr. to have PTSD about the whole event. His whole "I have to keep smiling" shtick is a result of Older Eric's own warped smile and inability to stay true to his mother's own words.

And all of this was foreshadowed when:

1. Delta caused the AB Game to ensure his own birth.

2. Eric mentions how Mira reminds him so much of his own mother.

3. Carlos mentioned how Back to the Future was about how a guy went back in time and almost has sex with his mom.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 3, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tell that to Delta and Phi, even though that's more indirect assistance than anything.

Though, admittedly, this would be more along the lines of Eric somehow creating himself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So Akane told Clover and Alice she'd have a way to send them back in time, but it was non-canon, so she actually just let them get stranded in the future forever?

I can believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is this the future Uchikoshi envisioned?

• Locked thread