Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Finished it, had a few hours to think...

+I loving loved the Carlos/C-Team SHIFT shenanigans. The plan was batshit and I was either wide-eyed or grinning the whole way through. One of my favorite bits of the series.
+Back to the Future nonsense, yessssssss.
+Gab is a good dog and my friend and I'm glad one of the files address him in the vents.
+I generally liked most of the characters! Carlos is Strong and Good and Sean is Not a Liar and Good
-(but oh my god Eric shut UP / stop waving around a shotgun!)
~?Delta. Seeing all the 'evidence'... I'm a bit more OK with it now, but man. Wish it hadn't been quite SO subtle. (altho it's fun watching people find more and more evidence)
-The ending? I mean, I'm fine with some of it (the choice, more or less) and ending before showing what Carlos does... but Delta's reasoning/motives behind everything?
~Kyle/? not being addressed is sad, but eh.
-While I didn't mind the heart puzzle specifically, too many block puzzles!!
-No finale puzzle room. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Terper posted:

Hold on

*accesses the morphogenetic field*

Mhm... yeah, mhm...

Cake Attack is correct.

sorry, can you provide this information to me by deep philosophical / metaphysical discussion complete with analogies and/or metaphors - OR by comparing it to movies by overcomplicating the plot? I don't know how to respond to information from the morphogenetic field otherwise. :(

tia!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

NextTime000 posted:

I loved that part, everybody is still calmly talking or are so shocked they are paralyzed or something while Delta is talking about his MIND  HACKING powers (while still holding the shotgun I think), then Phi just busts out "gently caress THIS, gently caress YOU!" and kicks him in the face
:allears:

the complaint that Phi doesn't have enough input / lines / anything to do in the last quarter of the game is valid, i think.

but goddamn this one bit she gets is good. :allears:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lord Ephraim posted:

Was there really any significance for Delta/Zero to kill Gab? I mean come on. It's like they decided "you know who hasn't died so far in the game? The dog. We need to fix that."

I like the theory that Delta shot Gab to force Gab to SHIFT to the payoff timeline.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Even if I think VLR edges out ZTD, the time jumping shenanigans of C-Team is probably my favorite 'moment' of the series.

Carlos comes up with great plans.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

don't get me wrong, I totally get/agree with the complaints about VLR's questions not all being answered really. But I sorta expected that going in, because I thought that was more or less the expectation norm on that kinda thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

oath2order posted:

ZTD is by far the weakest game over all but it has some of my favorite moments in the series (Twins ending, Team C's excellent adventure) so idk how to look at it.

I put it at just a bit ahead of 999 (but it's been ages since I've played 999 so IDK) - but even if overall it wasn't stellar, I agree. Team C's Excellent Adventure is probably one of my favorite moments in the series.

• Locked thread