Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
can someone explain why Delta just randomly shows up in that one timeline, apropos of nothing

did i miss a set-up or does he just have really good dramatic timing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I thought they were going to delve a little deeper into Eric's/Mira's traumatic pasts since they were the only two completely new characters in the three teams. (They covered Sean fairly well in my opinion, and Diana was human-Luna, so that doesn't count.) Seeing Eric freeze every time he would flashback to his brother's death/dad's abuse was kind of nutty, but he just did an exposition of it, and that was it. I don't know if I should have expected more, but it just felt a little shallow.

He really was the worst character.

carlos was new too wasn't he?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

What are you talking about, Delta was totally there the whole time. He's just camera shy.

i can't tell whether i like this being the twist i missed or me thinking he was just a showman

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orabilis posted:

Isn't the sister's illness that she's getting information overload from the morphogenetic field? Maybe the cure was training Carlos, who could teach Maria how to control it in turn.

yeah and i believe the ending file for carlos is him helping maria do just that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the 2 things i liked best about the ending was carlos and the gang being given a gun to make a decision completely without player input, and sean somehow living in the outside world despite going everywhere with a giant dome where his head should be

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gab was cool, and i'm sad he dies in the one ending for no reason other then "lol look how evil this one dude is"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

While you could make a sequel there isn't really anything hanging on it, I think it's more of a 'the adventure continues' ending.

yeah, i feel like part of the point of the ending not being a choice to kill or save delta was to emphasize that from now on the players are doing their own thing, and we aren't needed anymore

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Terper posted:

The Man On The Moon Rules The Infinite Time by never really getting into this SHIFTing business at all, really

Oh D-Team

on the one hand i wish D-Team had been allowed to have the crazy SHIFTing stuff, on the other Carlos wacky time adventures was great

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the end is the beginning is the end

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the cliffhanger is shooting delta only if that matters in the slightest, which it doesnt, the actual cliffhanger is if they can stop the terrorist from killing everyone

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
saying its the worst in the series isn't saying its bad, and its def not as good as 999 or VLR

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the snail did nothing wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Terper posted:

Delta's whole plan was actually made together with Phi and was meant to make his sister, who was the strongest and first SHIFTer, into a true 4th dimensional being. This by first sending a copy into the future and making her go through VLR and ZTD and force her to make many decisions and SHIFT a lot so the limits on her brain would slowly erode, giving her access to the 4th dimension without having to store up brain slingshot power - by doing so, humanity in turn would answer and would evolve into greater beings who can access the 4th dimension where their consciousnesses are stored. This was Delta and Phi's true goal - taking humanity to the next step.

The entire game is actually seen through Phi's eyes directly after CQD2 End, and she has to go back and ensure everything happens as it does so that, once the last SHIFT happens, her mind would be set free.

:fanfiction:

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Blick Winkel being Sam Beckett is my headcanon now.

thinking about quantum leap makes me sad there aren't any evil shifters trying to thwart your time travel shenanigans

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

So I read an article where Uchikoshi goes in depth about Kyle/? and his explanation is that it was never meant to be canon. He apparently regrets one, voicing it, and two, making it the "lowest" thing on the timeline.

It's up to you if that's an rear end pull born of script rewrites or not, though.

i think it's a concession to script rewrites and not having enough time but the epilogue was always kinda weird and unnecessary tbh so i don't mind it being explicitly uncanon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

ZTD isn't even close to as good as VLR let alone 999

carlos wacky dimension travels is fun but gotta agree with this, everything else kinda fell flat

• Locked thread