Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't think I've seen this many strange sexual hangups from a single creator since I watched David Lynch's filmography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only thing that threw me off in the incinerator was that for some reason I never noticed the panel you needed to screw off as Phi.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ymgve posted:

I don't get it
THE WOMAN BURNED ALIVE IN AN INCINERATOR AS SMALL CHILD

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He knew because I knew.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It just seemed kind of obvious? The door was big, and the portrait was big and served no other purpose in that room.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

While I enjoyed how stuff from previous games were remixed here (Most notably the return (Or origin?) of the AB Game), I wish there would have been a puzzle based around Digital Roots somehow. Solving the anagrams would have been cool too.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Argue posted:

It's like that famous short story about the woman turned man who enters a bar and time travels to impregnate himself. Know which short story I'm talking about?
- Akane, Zero Escape 4
I haven't read the story but the movie version with Ethan Hawke is legitimately one of the worst sci-fi movies I have ever seen in my entire life.

Don't watch the movie.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gonna echo that Never7 is alright and really only worth playing if you want to see where Uchikoshi was starting out, but Ever17 and Remember11 are much better despite flaws in the latter.

The evolution from Never7 to Zero Time Dilemma is interesting from an auteurist perspective at least.

EDIT: The Sora route is kind of bad in Ever17 as well, now that I'm thinking about it.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 3, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Agreed, Luna best artificial waifu.
I actually didn't like Luna at all when I first played VLR, until ZTD kind of spelled out that Sigma designed Luna as an idealized version of Diana.

Hearing Diana say things to Sigma like "YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO SLEEP WITH ME!" in their one ending was great.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love Uchikoshi.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh, I wonder how changed 999's script will be.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

does it say they changed it somewhere or are you just assuming they'll need to to accommodate not having two screens?
It doesn't say they changed it, but I would assume it would have to be at least somewhat because of the two screens thing and because it wasn't written with voice acting in mind originally.

Like I'm not sure the 9/q twist really works as it, with voice acting it might be a little more shakey.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

iirc the 9/q thing works cause Junpei is reading it from a letter and mistakes the letter q for a 9 in the English version which is an incredibly convenient save since they'd be sol if 9 and q weren't arguable similar looking
IIRC the letter was something that only exists in the English localization. In the original Japanese version Zero talks about "a door that carries a [kyuu]" from the loudspeaker. This actually creates a continuity error in the English DS version since there's a flashback to the scene toward the end of the game, but what's shown onscreen is the loudspeaker despite the letter being created for the localization.

It'll be interesting to see how the voice acted version handles this. The letter will probably be what they go with, but will they just delete some of Zero's spoken dialogue, even for the Japanese dub? I'm very curious about this sort of stuff.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What? VLR absolutely has an ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

oath2order posted:

How? The ending to the game is to reveal that the whole thing was a set up for ZTD . Nothing at all is resolved .
The ending to the game is Sigma learning why he was kidnapped to begin with, and ultimately joining Akane's cause. That Brother and the Radical-6 outbreak were not stopped in VLR does not mean that the game has no ending or that nothing was resolved.

• Locked thread