Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The more I think about it, the more the Sean/Delta plot twist seems cheap and a cop-out just to have a twist.

Sean is exclusively there to trick the player, he serves no other purpose than to fill in the player's "There are 3 people on each team" assumption. From the perspective of the characters and Delta, there is no reason to have a suspicious kid with a metal head as a fourth participant in one of the teams.

Another question - why is Delta there as a team member when he has a camera feed into his glasses and is clearly able to mind hack people at a distance (If the idea that he mind hacked Diana and Carlos into picking the "bad" options in the first vote is to be believed), and why the hell did he, if he is so interested in shifters, decide to participate in the only team with no people with shifting abilities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Jintor posted:

I think Sean is there so Delta can fulfil his promise to the kid in the hospital, after a fashion. He also has some side objective involving quantum computing that I think is probably related to player metanarrative

what the participants think doesn't matter, it's Zero's game

Did he promise the kid in the hospital that before he could live his happy life, he had to go through a nerve wrecking set of trials accompanied by a mentally unstable guy and a literal serial killer? Sean could just be the clean-up crew that no player actually interacts with, there's no reason for him to participate in the game.

MrAristocrates posted:

I found the Happy End hilariously bleak, that and THE BUTTON were the two funniest moments of the game to me.

"OK, so not pushing it is clearly the best choice. Now let me just check what happens when I push it so I can fill in that fragment tree. I wonder what kind of deadly trap Zero's set uEXPLOSION OUT OF NOWHERE"

ymgve fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 1, 2016

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Also Mira was going on in the crossbow ending about no heart was like the one of the person she killed first... until she killed Eric. So there's another connection.

Turns out both Eric and his mom had a rare genetic heart defect! (That's my explanation at least)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I don't get it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Really Pants posted:

why the gently caress is Carlos suddenly a rapist and what is this "proof of friendship" poo poo

When this happened I first thought he tried to create a dangerous situation for himself in the most retarded way possible so he could SHIFT somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Really Pants posted:

I only just realized that Delta's motives for starting the Nonary Games, unleashing Radical-6, and everything else he's done, are literally the same as M's from that one sci-fi movie

They survived for ten months so I would assume they stumbled on it at some point.

It also makes me wonder - how hard would it be to find some way out of the shelter if you got several months, a robotics workshop and various labs?

• Locked thread